A/AA Cross Country

flatline17

• Replies 455
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Running summer races is perfectly acceptable. The TN milesplit calender should have a TSSAA first contest date. That is the date where runners cannot participate in 5k or shorter distance races that are not sanctioned by the TSSAA. That period ends after the state cross country meet.

I know there is some kind of a TSSAA Rule regarding HS CC Team Members from running in 5k Road Races.

Can anyone explain that and does it cover the non-season month's (summer)?

Thanks

Roll Tribe Roll

I looked up the TSSAA rule and is says "Q. Is it a violation for a registered athlete in track or cross country to participate in a road race? A. No, provided the race is longer than 3200 meters during track season or longer than 5k (3.1 miles) during cross country season."

I've been at races where there is a separate starting line for high shcool runners that is maybe 100 meters behind the 5k line. I've also been at races where the starter basically told everyone at the starting line 'to take a step back...now we are longer than a 5k'.

Hey is it true that MaHowney injured himself this week running off the hill at Frogpond????

Unfortunately it is true. . Brandon was injured while running a route in Macon County. Had a slip incident while running up a hill. . Don't know how long he will be out.

1. Mahanney (hands down)

2. Cole

3. Coniglio

4. Musick (if hes healthy)

5. Kaiser (if he lays off the cigs)

6-10

-wasserman

-smith

-snyder

-mccasslin

does anyone remember when FRA was a lock for top 3... anyway i wouldnt completely count them out

1. USJC

2. MLK

3. M.C.

Unfortunately it is true. . Brandon was injured while running a route in Macon County. Had a slip incident while running up a hill. . Don't know how long he will be out.

Amigo, what is extent of injury? How long might he be out? How will this shake up things in A/AA XC?

Oh my, we aren't in Kansas any more Toto!!

Hey is it true that MaHowney injured himself this week running off the hill at Frogpond????

/bored.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":bored:" border="0" alt="bored.gif" />

Dude, this could shake things up a bit, maybe I'll qualify for state this year just knowing that the title is again on the ground.

/bored.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":bored:" border="0" alt="bored.gif" />

Dude, this could shake things up a bit, maybe I'll qualify for state this year just knowing that the title is again on the ground.

Mahaney would have to be out over 3 weeks with no running at all for someone to be able to catch him. He is just too strong. If he is out this long, things get very interesting, because the guys contending for the 2-5 spots are very solid