• Watermelon
  • Strawberry
  • Maroon
  • Orange
  • Gold
  • Emerald
  • Chocolate
  • Charcoal

Welcome to the upgraded message boards!  Please note: if you have been using a username to sign in that is different than the handle (display name) displayed on the boards, you must now sign in with either your handle (display name) or the email address associated with your account.  If you don't know what this means, then it probably doesn't affect you!

Sign in to follow this  
flatline17

A/AA Cross Country

Cross country scoring mkes it completely unfair.

i say it should be done with a total time instead of

the place/points thing

That's absurd, how is it not fair? If five runners come through before another team's five runners then that other team is better.

If cross country were scored on aggregate time, then a single good runner with a weak team could, in theory, win a title. At the very least, a team with a weak 5th could overcome him. Scoring places accentuates the team aspect of the sport ... and a team has to be at least 5 deep.

I love the way XC is scored. It means that EVERY place counts and you have to race to the finish. It's the only way it could be done.

However it is scored there is nothing anybody can do.

Im running in a costume this year baby, OCTOBER 31.

thats sweet that our state meet is on halloween

However it is scored there is nothing anybody can do.

Im running in a costume this year baby, OCTOBER 31.

thats sweet that our state meet is on halloween

lipscomb lost their 1 and 3 man, and i would never count FRA out, they just grow runners at their school

lipscomb lost their 1 and 3 man, and i would never count FRA out, they just grow runners at their school

ill be honest FRA has a few good runners left but its definately not enough they were dissappointed with the unfortunate 6th place finish this year but this year i would think they would take it with open arms

we had 4 solid runners last year if we all had a good day at state we could of done some major damage to bad

and only one mention thus far of MLK.

they lost 1 and 3, with 4 guys returning already sub 18, ask me today, and i'd give them the title.

but all the usual contenders are doing exactly that.

and only one mention thus far of MLK.

they lost 1 and 3, with 4 guys returning already sub 18, ask me today, and i'd give them the title.

but all the usual contenders are doing exactly that.

Lipscomb has one returning under 17 and 3 right at or under 18 so there are no guaranteed titles. just hard work

I just noticed that the TSSAA moved the state meet back to Saturday. Bet Collegedale will be upset

Already covered in the region 3 thread. I have not seen a direct reaction from runners or coaches or the Chattanooga media yet.

Yes. The board voted back in the spring or winter to accommodate Collegedale Academy's request for the meet to be moved to a Friday. However they have since moved it back to Saturday.