A/AA Cross Country

flatline17

History says thats normal. Now Dyersburg should break the tradition but still.

Best western team and state result

2007 - Jackson Christian, 9th

2006 - Jackson Christian, 11th

2005 - Frayser, 8th

2004 - Jackson Christian, 11th

2003 - Fayette Ware, 5th

2002 - University School of Jackson, 10th

2001 - University School of Jackson, 12th

2000 - University School of Jackson, 9th

1999 - Ridgeway, 9th

1998 - Trinity Christian Academy, 4th

1997 - Trinity Christian Academy, 5th

That goes back plenty enough.

My guess is Dyersburg could finish as high as 3rd or as low as 6th.

In 05' Jackson Christian lost a runner in a car accident. They would have had a run at the championship if that had not happened.

Plus, West TN has gained so much talent, over the last year.

• Replies 455
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Come on now don't hate on me I just took their fastest Steeple times. Those aren't even predictions, just guidelines.

I don't ever stick to party lines and neither should you.

Edit: If USJC has their best team day of the year they might pull off the win. No kidding. They've been written off because of tough out of state courses. If they all run a good race then they could be calling the repeat.

I think I know the times you were using for MLK...and they ain't steeple. Try Twilight. I don't believe their 5 has ever broken 18:20 at steeple.

I think I know the times you were using for MLK...and they ain't steeple. Try Twilight. I don't believe their 5 has ever broken 18:20 at steeple.

Your right...their top 5 have not broken 18:20 at Steeple. Their 5th guy ruined that when he ran a 18:25 at region. MLK is the real deal. I am looking foward to Saturday, because I think that it is going to be a close race.

Your right...their top 5 have not broken 18:20 at Steeple. Their 5th guy ruined that when he ran a 18:25 at region. MLK is the real deal. I am looking foward to Saturday, because I think that it is going to be a close race.

Correct he did. Their four ran a 17:57 at Region also (see my post on the results from Region 5-A/AA. They're stacked 1-3, but I wonder if a fairly large gap between their 3 and 4, and between their 4 and 5 could cause them to lose state. MLK is a great team, don't get me wrong, but it would not surprise me if Station Camp or maybe USJC (the stealth team that nobody ever knows about) slipped in and won the whole thing. The only reason I don't think Lipscomb would do it is because their 5 is also pretty far back, around an 18:13 or so. Their 4 isn't great, and they don't have the top three to compete with MLK (with the exception of Musick). Again, they are good, their 2 is solid, but not quite good enough to beat the top pack of MLK, especially considering that DL usually has a complete melt down at state. By the way, things get a lot easier in A-AA next year...Station Camp is too large to compete, so they should move to AAA I believe, and FRA is going Division II-A next year. My team predictions are as follows:

1. Station Camp

2. MLK

3. USJC

4. Lipscomb

5. Macon County

6. Dyersburg

7. FRA

Correct he did. Their four ran a 17:57 at Region also (see my post on the results from Region 5-A/AA. They're stacked 1-3, but I wonder if a fairly large gap between their 3 and 4, and between their 4 and 5 could cause them to lose state. MLK is a great team, don't get me wrong, but it would not surprise me if Station Camp or maybe USJC (the stealth team that nobody ever knows about) slipped in and won the whole thing. The only reason I don't think Lipscomb would do it is because their 5 is also pretty far back, around an 18:13 or so. Their 4 isn't great, and they don't have the top three to compete with MLK (with the exception of Musick). Again, they are good, their 2 is solid, but not quite good enough to beat the top pack of MLK, especially considering that DL usually has a complete melt down at state. By the way, things get a lot easier in A-AA next year...Station Camp is too large to compete, so they should move to AAA I believe, and FRA is going Division II-A next year. My team predictions are as follows:

1. Station Camp

2. MLK

3. USJC

4. Lipscomb

5. Macon County

6. Dyersburg

7. FRA

That 4th guy from MLK has also run sub 17:20 on steeple. region may have been a bad day for him. id count on a much smaller gap between MLKs 3 and 4 come state- and if that happens, there is not much that could stop them.

That 4th guy from MLK has also run sub 17:20 on steeple. region may have been a bad day for him. id count on a much smaller gap between MLKs 3 and 4 come state- and if that happens, there is not much that could stop them.

I don't specifically recall that on Steeple. Which meet was it? Also, even if that is the case, unless he was hurt, we are seeing some inconsistency in their 4 and 5 which could lead to their demise. Again, MLK has a good shot at taking the crown, I just think that Station Camp will be able to stack the gaps (there is also a gap at region from 17:57 to 18:25 for their 5) and beat them. MLK faces the same problem FRA faced last year (granted FRA did not have 3 people in the 16s, but had a very solid 1-4 and a suspect 5).

I don't specifically recall that on Steeple. Which meet was it? Also, even if that is the case, unless he was hurt, we are seeing some inconsistency in their 4 and 5 which could lead to their demise. Again, MLK has a good shot at taking the crown, I just think that Station Camp will be able to stack the gaps (there is also a gap at region from 17:57 to 18:25 for their 5) and beat them. MLK faces the same problem FRA faced last year (granted FRA did not have 3 people in the 16s, but had a very solid 1-4 and a suspect 5).

you will have to forgive me. contrary to my last post, the mlk 4 has not broken 17:20 at steeple but run exactly 17:20 on steeple.

Jonathan Gilbreath

2007-10-06 17:47.49 Brooks Memphis Twilight Classic

2007-11-03 17:55.98 TSSAA State Cross Country Championship

2008-09-06 17:14.12 PR Chickasaw Trails Invite

2008-09-20 17:28.81 Tennessee Classic

2008-10-16 17:20.36 Nashville Metro Championships

2008-10-23 17:57.07 Region 5 A-AA

pretty inconsistent but a huge threat if he can match his chickasaw time or even beat it.