Tennessee/Georgia All Star Game

owlfutbol

Northeast Tennessee and Southwest Georgia....comprising 12 counties hosts allstar games for 2008 graduates. This is for all sports and is a very exciting venue for area sports and graduates. The first game is football to be held at Finley Stadium. The boy's soccer game will be June 12th and Georgia hosts this year at Dalton High School. The state that hosts rotates yearly as this is the 5th year of the event. The roster has been confirmed and will be posted soon. Should be a very exciting game as both Northeast Tn and Southwest Ga has alot of talent. Curious, does any other part of the state do this? This is a great idea and is sponsered by Sportsman's Warehouse.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Northeast Tennessee and Southwest Georgia....comprising 12 counties hosts allstar games for 2008 graduates. This is for all sports and is a very exciting venue for area sports and graduates. The first game is football to be held at Finley Stadium. The boy's soccer game will be June 12th and Georgia hosts this year at Dalton High School. The state that hosts rotates yearly as this is the 5th year of the event. The roster has been confirmed and will be posted soon. Should be a very exciting game as both Northeast Tn and Southwest Ga has alot of talent. Curious, does any other part of the state do this? This is a great idea and is sponsered by Sportsman's Warehouse.

I believe you mean Southeast Tn and Northwest Ga.

I believe you mean Southeast Tn and Northwest Ga.

Yeah, there is a big difference there. Thanks for clarifying, MVM.

I looked into doing an all star game last season, and ran into a BUNCH of red tape and frustrations. I talked to several local coaches around Knoxville and they said that they had run into the same situations.

Owl, I would be intersted to know who the TN rep for this game is. If you know, could you let us know. I still would love to do one, and maybe he knows the way to get it done.

I looked into doing an all star game last season, and ran into a BUNCH of red tape and frustrations. I talked to several local coaches around Knoxville and they said that they had run into the same situations.

Owl, I would be intersted to know who the TN rep for this game is. If you know, could you let us know. I still would love to do one, and maybe he knows the way to get it done.

G, I think the local paper puts that on every year. Its for both boys and girls, seniors only, and done at the end of the school year.

G someone said they thought it was the local paper but it's not. You need to contact stumponsports.com....his name is Stump Martin and lives in North GA....right across the Chattanooga line. The sponsor for all the games is Sportsman Warehouse. Email is stumponsports@aol.com. He does a fantastic job of covering Chattanooga area and North GA sports. He has a local cable television program every Friday and Saturday night for 2 hours devoted to high school sports...has local athletes on...scores, stories, etc. It is seniors only and is for football, baseball, soccer, volleyball, softball and basketball. Great event....the Tennessee-Georgia allstar soccer match is at Dalton High School June 12...both boys and girls. I believe the rosters are set and should be a great game. Stump would be glad to help you out. Good luck.

Big G, I cut and pasted some info from stumponsports.com website about the upcoming tn vs ga all star games. Stump Martin does incredible work for our area in high school sports. They cover about everything and even have on high school team athletes and interview them....film games, game of the week for different sports. I will try and post updates on this and you might want to try and come to Dalton Ga....not far from Chattanooga to see the game also.

Sportman??™s Warehouse All-star Classics Set

Posted on May 24, 2008 by Admin | Post a Comment | Email

Presented By Stump On Sports

Mark your calendars now for the annual 2008 Tennessee-Georgia All-Star Series, sponsored by the Sportsman's Warehouse and presented by Stump On Sports.

The All-Star series will match up graduates of the Class of 2008 in a dozen counties each in Southeast Tennessee and Northwest Georgia.

More than 300 athletes were invited to participate in the series last June and even more will be invited this year.

The series will begin on Saturday, June 7 at 7:30 p.m. with the Sportsman??™s Warehouse Football Classic presented by Adams USA at Chattanooga's Finley Stadium.

This will be the fifth Football Classic and the third held at Finley Stadium. The series was evened at 2-2 after a last-minute touchdown gave Team Georgia a 14-13 win last June.

The series shifts to AT&T Field, the home of the Chattanooga Lookouts, on Monday, June 9 for the Sportsman??™s Warehouse Senior Baseball Classic. First pitch of the nine-inning game is scheduled for 6 p.m.

Tennessee has dominated the baseball series, winning all six previous meetings, including a 17-12 slugfest at AT&T Field last year.

There will be plenty of action on Tuesday, June 10.

The Sportsman??™s Warehouse Senior Basketball Classic will begin at 6 p.m. at Chattanooga's Notre Dame High School.

The Girls' Classic is scheduled for a 6 p.m. start with the Boys' Classic to follow.

The girls will also compete in a 3-point shootout and the boys will compete in a slam-dunk contest.

The Tennessee girls lead the series, 3-2, but Georgia will be trying for two in a row after a 59-49 win at Notre Dame last year.

The boys from the Volunteer State took a 3-2 lead in the series last year after an 84-66 win. Volleyball and soccer are on tap for Thursday, June 12.

Girls' Preparatory School in Chattanooga will once again be the site for the annual Sportsman??™s Warehouse Volleyball Classic with the best-of-five match set to begin a 6 p.m.

Tennessee swept Georgia in three straight games last year to take a 4-0 lead in the series.

After a year's absence, the Sportsman??™s Warehouse Soccer Classic returns to action and will be played at Dalton's Harmon Field.

The Girls' Classic will begin at 6 p.m. with the Boys' Classic to follow.

The Tennessee girls lead the series 3-0 and the Tennessee boys have a 3-1 series lead. The Georgia boys won the last meeting, 2-1, in 2006.

The Sportsman??™s Warehouse Tennessee-Georgia Softball Classic will again be a doubleheader tentatively set for 6 p.m.June 18 at Chattanooga's Frost Stadium.

Now in its 11th year, the Softball Classic is the oldest of the Tennessee-Georgia All-Star classics.

Team Tennessee had won 15 of the first 16 games in the series, but the past two years Stump Martin returned to the softball diamonds as the Georgia coach and has guided the teams to three wins in four games.

The women from the Peach State took the second game of the doubleheader in 2006 and swept Tennessee for the first time last year, winning 4-3 and 6-0.

For more information on these games, contact Stump Martin at (423) 421-2595.

What a great thing for seniors to be able to participate in an all star environment. The best of the best joined together....I only wish that other parts of the state would be able to come up with something like this. It makes sense....colleges have all star games...why not high school. Southeast Tennessee vs Northwest Ga.....it makes alot of sense. Hope someone posts the roster for this...I might try to come down for the game.

I totally agree....wish we had something like this in middle Tennessee. Would like to see this or at least read more about it....see if someone could copy what Chattanooga and north Ga does.

What a great thing for seniors to be able to participate in an all star environment. The best of the best joined together....I only wish that other parts of the state would be able to come up with something like this. It makes sense....colleges have all star games...why not high school. Southeast Tennessee vs Northwest Ga.....it makes alot of sense. Hope someone posts the roster for this...I might try to come down for the game.

I have not seen the roster for either state but it will be held at Dalton's Harmon Field. This is also the Dalton High football field. It is maybe the best public school field that I have ever seen....alot of money in Dalton. Dalton is also well known for their soccer teams and not just at Dalton but either Southeast or Southwest Whitfield.