Great upcoming sophmores

tnfootball4

Tanner Owen at Cheatham Co. is also another sophomore to be with a great upside. He is 6'6 270lbs. and is very physically gifted. He could be the first player from the high school to go Division I-A since Jerimiah Ligon signed to play at Arkansas State. Look for him to continue the great trend of linemen to come out of CCCHS and go on to play at the next level.

Right now T.O. is light years ahead of past All-Region Cubs linemen Michael Jackson & Jerry Henry when comparing him to both of those guys as sophomores. Jackson played went on to play four years at UTM and Henry is headed to APSU to play for the next four years beginning this fall.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well Knoxville Area spohmores to watch for:

Devrin Young (Bearden RB/DB) This kid runs like the wind and has the ability to stop on a dime. I coached Devrin for years with the Knoxville Falcons and matter of fact he is my nephew and if he grows will play division 1 football, he reminds people of former Fulton standout and University of Tennessee player Dennis Rogan.

Brad Reid (Knox West OL/DL) This kid is a beast and has a motor on him where he goes full bore until the whistle blows and is strong as a ox. I coached Brad for years with the Knoxville Falcons and he has the ability of dominate the O-Line and D-Line.

Demetrius Thomas aka: D-Man (Fulton QB/RB/DB) This kid has the makings of a true game breaker at every position and has a mean streak in him. I coached D-Man for years and if he keeps his head right he has a great chance to do big things in his football career.

Mychal Cason (Fulton OL/DL) This kid is probably one of the smartest lineman I have ever coached and he is has good foot speed and good technique. Mychal has the chance to be a big recruit by his senior year and if he keeps growning he could become very dominate lineman, he is got a great work ethic and has a chance to do some good things in his career.

Ben Winters (Fulton QB/TE/LB) This kid has a motor on him like I have never seen before and he likes to hit and I mean he really loves contact, he also has a great football mind and is developing into a dominate player at Fulton. Ben is probably one of the top 3 football players I have ever coached and plays with alot of emotion and puts his heart and soul into every play. If this kid keeps growing the sky is the limit for him and has a big time arm and brings the wood on every play defensively.

Those are just some of the big time players that I know have a chance to do big things in their football careers.

Holla at cha boi... ShaneC

Richard Manning qb/fs is very impressive,might get some playing on very talented Owls team.Randall Freeman lb/db could be a stud in time,Connor Mculley c/ng very big and strong could start sooner than later.Bryn Oliver wr/te maybe could get some playing time, but plays behind the most talented and deepest part of the owls team.All of these youngmen hopefully will get some sort of varsity time,but are willing to wait their turn and play JV.