Hard ti figure the Cards out...KC swept them at St Louis and then the Cards bounce back and takes the first two against Boston.

Cards are driving me crazy.

I think LaRussa is one of the best managers of all time, but his stubbornness with bullpens drives me crazy. Why he won't give Perez the full time closers role is beyond me. I love Izzy, but he's done as a late innings guy. By my count, I think the Cards have at minimum 7 blown 9th inning saves right now.

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cards are driving me crazy.

I think LaRussa is one of the best managers of all time, but his stubbornness with bullpens drives me crazy. Why he won't give Perez the full time closers role is beyond me. I love Izzy, but he's done as a late innings guy. By my count, I think the Cards have at minimum 7 blown 9th inning saves right now.

agree...I will be in St Louis in August to watch them. Go Cards!

With Milwaukee pickiing up Sabathia, I contend the NL Central might be the toughest division in baseball right now.

Just got a lot tougher for the Cards. Those blown saves may come back to bite them dearly. Hopefully Wainwright and Mulder can get back to what they were soon.

With Milwaukee pickiing up Sabathia, I contend the NL Central might be the toughest division in baseball right now.

Just got a lot tougher for the Cards. Those blown saves may come back to bite them dearly. Hopefully Wainwright and Mulder can get back to what they were soon.

The Cubs picked up Rich Harden from the A's yesterday.....

Everytime the Cards look like they are going to fade away, they make a run. Everytime it looks like they are on a roll, they lose 2 or 3 they shouldn't. Rumor is Wainwright and Carpenter could be back in early August--if they can hang in till then, who knows? Hope I am wrong and Mulder does well, but don't think anyone expects him to have an impact.

Everytime the Cards look like they are going to fade away, they make a run. Everytime it looks like they are on a roll, they lose 2 or 3 they shouldn't. Rumor is Wainwright and Carpenter could be back in early August--if they can hang in till then, who knows? Hope I am wrong and Mulder does well, but don't think anyone expects him to have an impact.

About the only think I expected last night in Mulder's return that didn't happen was about 6 runs on the board when he left the game.

I think we can officially call the Haren for Mulder trade a bust. I just sigh every time I see his ERA scroll by the bottom of ESPN.

I've been optimistic, but I just don't see the Cards being able to hang around for a month until they get back. Starting pitching is decent, but not rock solid and the bullpen is absolutely terrible. I'm at the point of bringing Gibby back to see if he can throw the seventh through ninth innings nightly. He can't do any worse.

If you can trade a couple of guys that aren't in the long term plans (Reyes anyone?) for another bat to put behind Pujols, then do it. Glaus is a good 5 or 6 hitter but not clean-up, Ankiel can't hit a curve ball yet, Duncan is.....something, Ludwick is better in front of Pujols, and Mather is looking like one of those guys who will kill at AAA but not quite good enough to adjust to the majors.

I just don't see Mo' doing too much for this year. If they fall out of contention, I think Rasmus will get called up in Sept and Pujols will get shut down to get the much needed surguries. I think 09 can be a great year....but I just don't see it in 08.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

It's hard to tell with 50 games left. The Cardinals get upgrades with Carpenter and Wainwright...Who knows?

Cardnials need help in the bullpen. Wonder if Wainwrihgt might end up closing....I have actually read that?

I give up on the bullpen. I have never expected such sorid performance on a nightly basis in my life. I could have driven to St. Louis and strangled Springer last night I was so mad.

I have too read that Wainwright may go to the bullpen. Not sure how much he wants to do that though. Disappointed they did not try to make even a small move at the deadline.