another indignity for D2

i think some public school parents do not have the oney to travel to watch the games so they should be telivised and if you can afford to send your kids to private school you can afford to make it to the game wherever in the state in may be

I guess if the decision to televise games depended on income of parents at any particular school, your statement might make some sense. But since there is no evidence whatsoever to that effect, your statement is kinda silly. As far as interest, what do you call it when three or four thousand fans show up for a private school matchup, if that isn't interest, I don't know what is. I attended one private school matchup in the past when there was over twenty thousand fans at the game. That occured at Vanderbilt. Whether anybody will admit it or not, there would be plenty of interest in many Div II matchups if they were televised. So sugarcoat it all you want, it isn't right and should have been handled differently to include all the children that play sports in this state. Oh, by the way, before you get all up in the air, I didn't say you made any statements about interest. You just agreed with the statements. You know, I believe that alot of posters are so affected by this private-public issue that it has affected their thinking. I wish to inform you referee that many parents of private school children can't afford any more of anything that you yourself or public school parents can, it is just a matter of priority. I know of dozens of parents that sacrificed all personal interests to send their children to a private school. Oh yes, this thread is about the televising of high school sports, but no matter what the particular topic is, it always includes biased, uninformed opinions about privates that many posters have very little knowledge of. The kernal of truth theory certainly applies on this thread, there is a kernal of truth to almost every post, but none of them contain the whole truth. Comcast would have included the privates if it became apparent to them that the TSSAA would accept nothing less. But Comcast met no resistence whatsoever in the decision to just televise public school games. I have just cancelled my Comcast services, I would do the same to the TSSAA if that were possible. /cool.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="B)" border="0" alt="cool.gif" />

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have no reason to make two separate trips to the Nashville area to see high school football no matter what team is playin in the championship game. This is probably the main reason more people go to DI games. They are more familiar with the D1 schools especially if you are not from the middle Tn. area because most of the powers in DII are from there.

That's not to say that they wouldn't be great games....but