Results of June TSSAA Board Meeting

DonCChatt

Still more to come today. Have to say I'm quite upset at Metro for effectively throwing Collegedale Academy out of the CC meet... everything else so far makes sense.

That said, I can see where 1-AAA was coming from on the basketball scheduling--with the long distances in their corner of the state, packing games into fewer days might actually reduce lost class time more than playing early would increase it.

More news--they recommend no central site for team-sport districts and regionals, instead playing all games at the higher seed, and eliminate the midday break at state basketball.

I know I am old school, but I really hate to see the central site for district and regional games eliminated. It is just something special about the central location, especially the semi-finals of the region tournament when there are two back to back great games with the gym packed and 2 teams moving on to sub-state and 2 going home. That was probably the best night of basketball for the year.

• 2 weeks later...

I know I am old school, but I really hate to see the central site for district and regional games eliminated. It is just something special about the central location, especially the semi-finals of the region tournament when there are two back to back great games with the gym packed and 2 teams moving on to sub-state and 2 going home. That was probably the best night of basketball for the year.

It was only a recomendation. The administration of postseason play is in the hands of local (dist.+ Reg.) people.