WC baseball

batman2011

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry, mean't West Carroll of district 13A. I think they will be much improved over the last few years, the played a lot of freshman & sophmores last year with some talent & gained alot of experience. Huntingdon, McKenzie, & Bruceton, while still very talented, lost a lot of seniors. While I'm not saying they,re ready to play for a district championship just yet, they & Clarksburg, too, will be much improved.

Depends on pitching. Yall and us (clarksburg) played a lot of young and inexperienced people. How much difference that will make I don't know as I don't know who all has what coming back. I have heard that the typical top two teams lost a lot of seniors from both teams. Could be the year for someone else like WC to sneak in and steal a spot. odds are stacked against due to enrollment and tradition but still anything can happen in tourney ball.

I thought for sure yall had us beat in the tourney opener. You never know.

Sorry, mean't West Carroll of district 13A. I think they will be much improved over the last few years, the played a lot of freshman & sophmores last year with some talent & gained alot of experience. Huntingdon, McKenzie, & Bruceton, while still very talented, lost a lot of seniors. While I'm not saying they,re ready to play for a district championship just yet, they & Clarksburg, too, will be much improved.

Yes, that was a good game to watch if you like offense. West Carroll pitched three frehman last year regularly; Singleton, Dunn, & McClain. They Have All looked pretty good in summer ball. Clarksburg will again return a much improved set of hitters from the start of 08. Could make for a more interesting district race, hopefully in 09!

I looking forward to it. We really enjoyed this year and look forward to our final season.

I am hoping our bats will be improved but I don't know that they will.

We have one pretty good pitcher coming back and maybe another quality starter but no dominator. We did improve but our margin of error in games is really small due to depth and amount of talent. Such is the life of a team trying to compete with teams that have 3 times the enrollment we do. You can jump up and be pretty fair every so often but you won't be consistently good.

Must be a younger McClain brother? I know the lefty but he was an older player wasn't he?

Yes, that was a good game to watch if you like offense. West Carroll pitched three frehman last year regularly; Singleton, Dunn, & McClain. They Have All looked pretty good in summer ball. Clarksburg will again return a much improved set of hitters from the start of 08. Could make for a more interesting district race, hopefully in 09!

Yes, Clint's brother, Hayden, really good defensive shortstop. I expect Bird to be one of the best hitters in the district next year for Clarksburg and should draw some college attention. I've also know ya'll will have a nice groop of freshman next year; Jordan Cary, Matt Foster,& Drake Simpson. A real good set of kids that played summer ball together I beleive their team won the 14u state tournament. I also agree smaller enrollment always puts some schools at a disadvantage.

Thats what I heard as well. The freshman are supposed to be pretty good. I hope so. We need the players and hitting depth especially.

I appreciate you saying that but we are happy just to play.

I really thought you guys were better than the record showed but for some reason it just didn't click. I didn't know you all were so young so I am sure that played a major role.

Word is our new field should be ready for next year. I hope so. We actually got very little practice before season, due in part to that. We all want to win but I think we can all agree that we would love to watch someone even if it isn't our own team take out Mck or Hunt. My guess would be you guys have the best chance to do that. Yall have a good athletic team that should be good defensively and you hit pretty well. If your pitching improves as it should yall may be hard to beat. Good luck next year.

Yes, Clint's brother, Hayden, really good defensive shortstop. I expect Bird to be one of the best hitters in the district next year for Clarksburg and should draw some college attention. I've also know ya'll will have a nice groop of freshman next year; Jordan Cary, Matt Foster,& Drake Simpson. A real good set of kids that played summer ball together I beleive their team won the 14u state tournament. I also agree smaller enrollment always puts some schools at a disadvantage.

Well Inspector I hope you guys get a new field & a new gym too, ya'll need one worse than any school i've ever seen. Good luck to you guys too, but McKenzie has a real good feeder system with Babe Ruth. I have seen lot of quality players that should make good highschoolers the next few years as well & Huntingdon, I beleive returns Hatch & Crocker, Two really good players,& have a great coach. Bruceton recently hired Jamie Williams to help coach baseball & he will bring alot of energy to that program. I hope our program will continue to improve so we will become more competitive.

Yea I know odds are against us all due to numbers and the feeder system you speak of. I would just love to see someone put Mckenzie out. That has to be the most obnoxious fanbase I have ever seen at a baseball game.

Yall have a pretty athletic team best I could tell. One really good pitcher would make a big difference in your team.

Yea we are supposed to get a new gym although it won't be ready for this coming season as was hoped. Some design issues had to be hashed out before construction could begin and that threw it behind. That is an old gym for sure. I am surprised it has been used this long.

What does Bruceton have coming back? I know they lost the big guy and the Jordan boy. We lost one player. For that matter who lost how much from each team if you know and who will be the main cogs for those teams next year?

Well Inspector I hope you guys get a new field & a new gym too, ya'll need one worse than any school i've ever seen. Good luck to you guys too, but McKenzie has a real good feeder system with Babe Ruth. I have seen lot of quality players that should make good highschoolers the next few years as well & Huntingdon, I beleive returns Hatch & Crocker, Two really good players,& have a great coach. Bruceton recently hired Jamie Williams to help coach baseball & he will bring alot of energy to that program. I hope our program will continue to improve so we will become more competitive.