Is the TSSAA treating D2 fairly?

PBandJ

Families who send their children to boarding schools do so for a variety of reasons. I would think the availability of various athletics would be a consideration, but not the most important. All sports probably have their share of boarding and day students. Some boarders are stars some are not. Star or not, they are just as important to the team. I really don't see a school out recruiting solely based on a potential student's alleged athleticism. There is so much more to finding a successful fit at the school than their athletic ability.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Johnny Newmans family's decision to send Johnny to McCallie and his older brother, Noah, had nothing to do with athletics and lots to do with academics, the experience his cousins had attending college in Chattanooga, the fact that his family has a residence here and the lack of comparable academic resources in Wyoming. It's really funny that the uniformed would believe that a family would spend around $30K a year as a dorm student (lived at school, not in their residence) in order for their kid to play football 1,500 miles away from their primary home. What it says is how pitifully uninformed a number of the posters on this site are. They superimpose their own sense of the importance of high school athletics on the motivations of families they know nothing about. I suppose if playing a high school sport was the high point of their lives they might attribute that motivation to everyone else.

Please look back in some of the earlier posts and maybe (maybe) you will understand the point of mentioning out of state students. Nobody said McCallie recruited either of the brothers, or that the family sent them to McCallie for sports.

Anyway, who knows what the deal is. Maybe it's a conspiracy theory and we should look closely at the TSAAA BOC. I know of at least one member on there who likely doesn't have a problem at all with the DII title games being blacked out as it gives his school's supporters the opportunity to perpetuate their annual "best in state" Kool Aid on these message boards. Gosh forbid if they had to see that there are teams in this state that may actually be better than their team in a given year!

Gosh, it took only five days for a Maryville fan to come though with flying colors. It's amazing how much Maryville fans know about MBA when they don't even see their games:

"MHS would spank MBA 75% of the time" /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

Gosh, it took only five days for a Maryville fan to come though with flying colors. It's amazing how much Maryville fans know about MBA when they don't even see their games:

"MHS would spank MBA 75% of the time" /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

Those posts are just stupid. MBA would beat Maryville consistently.

Those posts are just stupid. MBA would beat Maryville consistently.

Maybe, maybe not. I am not arguing that MBA would win more often and/or ever even spank Maryville. I just find it humorous his conviction despite the fact that I doubt that he has seen few, if any, MBA games.

Granted, he is the same poster who was nailed a few years ago for saying that national polls are meaningless and worthless (when BA was ranked in a preseason poll, his quote was, "BA? BS.") when Maryville was not getting national attention but then was preaching how valid they were when Maryville entered them and no other Tennessee teams were in them. I don't mind people stating their opinions, but his occasional instances of double-speak are quite comical.

Maybe, maybe not. I am not arguing that MBA would win more often and/or ever even spank Maryville. I just find it humorous his conviction despite the fact that I doubt that he has seen few, if any, MBA games.

Granted, he is the same poster who was nailed a few years ago for saying that national polls are meaningless and worthless (when BA was ranked in a preseason poll, his quote was, "BA? BS.") when Maryville was not getting national attention but then was preaching how valid they were when Maryville entered them and no other Tennessee teams were in them. I don't mind people stating their opinions, but his occasional instances of double-speak are quite comical.

Some people understand and some don't.

I'm actually quite satisfied with how things have worked out at this point. The best DI teams in Middle Tennessee are no longer embargoing the DII teams, and it makes for some great local matchups. In addition the DII teams can still schedule some really interesting regional games that not only provide great visibility for TN football, but great challenge for the teams involved. Best of both worlds!

I don't think scheduling the Blount County champion would add much at this point.