Is the TSSAA treating D2 fairly?

PBandJ

I believe that as soon as there is a full on split forced upon all the privates, there will be a split. And that will happen with the next class re-org - as DL, Goodpasture, CPA, DCA, Friendship, etc. continue to be strong (not win it all) in their respective classes.

It is sad. I can't remember the last time my local high school scheduled a private to play. Indeed, a watered down product is what we are producing now. Not to mention, the lesson we are teaching our kids.

The lesson that we as adults are teaching is that private school students, parents and teachers are better than public schools students, teachers & parents. Let's not forget that the communist isolated their coutries and look what happened.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The lesson that we as adults are teaching is that private school students, parents and teachers are better than public schools students, teachers & parents. Let's not forget that the communist isolated their coutries and look what happened.

Thanks for proving my point!.......

Guess we all owe you an apology for choosing to move our children's education up on the "priority" totem pole?

Your comparison to the Communist regime deserves NO COMMENT!

This is a gift to the TSSAA from Comcast. There is no statewide interest in a televised broadcast of either D1 or D2...Maybe "back in the day" of 3A, when you had Clinic Bowls featuring powerhouses like Gallatin versus Jefferson County, a big state-wide audience would tune in. But not now.

I think you are correct about the first part. Not so sure about the second. In some years in the past Video Sports was the only way most "Clinic Bowl" championship games could be seen -- and that was only available by purchasing the video tapes. I think the simple fact is that this will not be a money-maker for Comcast at all, DI, DII or any combination of the two. Tennessee's television market simply will not support the cost involved in the production of these games.

The difference is that Division II currently contains about 25 football playing schools, 10 in one class and 15 in the other. That's not going to get a lot of statewide interest.

Yes - but we are talking about 5 of those schools being in the top 10 programs statewide easily. I'd watch BA vs. MBA every single time it was shown. And my kids go to public schools! ESPN doesn't have a problem with it. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

That's not the lesson that I'm teaching my public school kids. Nor do they feel that way. I'm not calling you ignorant, but that is a pretty ignorant and inaccurate statement.

I'm guessing things are different in the cbg household? /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

Honestly......I do not think there will be a mass exodus to D2. Why, because D2 is still under the realm of the TSSAA. Like I said before....why would we need them?

I think there are a couple of reasons why the privates haven't completely split. The first would be that the TSSAA could ban all their member schools from playing the privates meaning they would have to play each other and then out of state teams. The second is the assumption that a private school organization won't be sanctioned by the national sanctioning body. That would prevent them from playing any of their member schools without their approval or waiver.

However, I do think it will happen within the next few years and I do think the privates will finally pool their resources to really make it a great league. I'm curious to see the rules they elect to have once they are self-governed vs. being dictated too. I can imagine that financial aid will be readily available for local public school stars - and the TSSAA won't be able to do anything about it.

I think you are correct about the first part. Not so sure about the second. In some years in the past Video Sports was the only way most "Clinic Bowl" championship games could be seen -- and that was only available by purchasing the video tapes. I think the simple fact is that this will not be a money-maker for Comcast at all, DI, DII or any combination of the two. Tennessee's television market simply will not support the cost involved in the production of these games.

I agree with what you are saying...I was just trying to point out that if the BCB featured the same quality that existed in the old pre-split 3a clinic bowl days, then a real state-wide audience would be possible. Comcast (if they are smart) is doing this for some other reason than making money.

I think there are a couple of reasons why the privates haven't completely split. The first would be that the TSSAA could ban all their member schools from playing the privates meaning they would have to play each other and then out of state teams. The second is the assumption that a private school organization won't be sanctioned by the national sanctioning body. That would prevent them from playing any of their member schools without their approval or waiver.

However, I do think it will happen within the next few years and I do think the privates will finally pool their resources to really make it a great league. I'm curious to see the rules they elect to have once they are self-governed vs. being dictated too. I can imagine that financial aid will be readily available for local public school stars - and the TSSAA won't be able to do anything about it.

The sad thing is.......I am at a point now where none of the above points matter to me anymore. I have only one child, so I only have to deal with this for four years. Given the quality of the public school system in our area......we have scraped and saved to send just this one to private school. Our everyday life is effected by this decision, yet we felt it was best for him in the long run.......WHICH WAS OUR DECISION....Get's kind of old hearing some of the comments on these boards about thinking you are "better than" someone else!

We aren't rich, by any stretch of imagination. Probably bring home less than most of the "haters" out there! If anyone has an issue with how we arranged our priorities keep in mind that I haven't heard anyone questioning their own.

I too feel that an All_Private organization would do well. Upon constant whining and complaining, the TSSAA will eventually offer state titles for every county in Tennessee, yet IMO......that is what drives this all. Win at all cost, crucify anyone that can beat you and make sure little Johnny get his trophy!.........Sad.

That's not the lesson that I'm teaching my public school kids. Nor do they feel that way. I'm not calling you ignorant, but that is a pretty ignorant and inaccurate statement.

I'm guessing things are different in the cbg household? /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

It is a joke!!!!!!!!

So...how would that be different from now? The DII privates already give financial aid. They already get some great athletes.

Not playing the other teams left behind is a reality. If DII teams leave...I would bet the farm they would not be able to play TSSAA teams. That is the main reason not to leave. I don't think DI publics would care if you did leave. We have plenty enough teams to play without you. If you think travel is bad now...leave and see what you would have then.