USFA State Hendersonville

utfan3

Hey FISHUNT. Could you be a little more cocky. All the rest of us lowly USFA, etc participants and supporters are doing the best we can. May someday we may "touch your cloth"/

Now SET DOWN AND SHUT-UP TURKEY!!!!

Sorry if it came across as cocky, Just telling the truth!!! sometimes the truth Hurts. If you hang around travel ball long enough, and play at a high level, and your baby is good enough to play the next level, you will be playing a lot of ASA and chasing the berth yourself. You will never see any collage coaches around USFA tournaments. At least it that's been my experience. as far as touching my cloth, you are welcome any time. I don't charge much. GOBBLE GOBBLE GOBBLE.

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry if it came across as cocky, Just telling the truth!!! sometimes the truth Hurts. If you hang around travel ball long enough, and play at a high level, and your baby is good enough to play the next level, you will be playing a lot of ASA and chasing the berth yourself. You will never see any collage coaches around USFA tournaments. At least it has been my experience.

Well it did come across as cocky. Not everyone wants to play at an ASA National. That's the great thing about softball. There is a place for every level of talent so you don't need to put down someone just because they chose to play USFA, USSSA, etc. and not ASA. Some people don't want and/or can't afford to chase the ASA Nationals. They also may not want to play college ball. That doesn't mean that there aren't some good players at these tournaments. Granted there are probably not as many but they are there.

And for the record, my daughter does play ASA Gold but I'm not going to put down players who don't choose to play Gold.

Well it did come across as cocky. Not everyone wants to play at an ASA National. That's the great thing about softball. There is a place for every level of talent so you don't need to put down someone just because they chose to play USFA, USSSA, etc. and not ASA. Some people don't want and/or can't afford to chase the ASA Nationals. They also may not want to play college ball. That doesn't mean that there aren't some good players at these tournaments. Granted there are probably not as many but they are there.

And for the record, my daughter does play ASA Gold but I'm not going to put down players who don't choose to play Gold.

no one put down anyone screwball. you are reading more into the post than is there. why would yor baby play ASA 18 GOLD? because she can. enough said. The best want to play the best.

Sorry if it came across as cocky, Just telling the truth!!! sometimes the truth Hurts. If you hang around travel ball long enough, and play at a high level, and your baby is good enough to play the next level, you will be playing a lot of ASA and chasing the berth yourself. You will never see any collage coaches around USFA tournaments. At least it that's been my experience. as far as touching my cloth, you are welcome any time. I don't charge much. GOBBLE GOBBLE GOBBLE.

Only Alabama would give a college degree to a guy who can't spell it....... /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" />

Ok, I have been keeping my eye on this thread for a couple of weeks and for the first time since I stepped down as USFA State Director after the 2004 season I will post a few comments.

I brought USFA to Tennessee and ran the first three state tournaments, 106 teams at the largest one I ran with over 90 Tennessee teams going to the world series, so I have seen it grow over the years.

First, while Ken and I may have different viewpoints on some aspects of running a state organization no one can say that he does not run a quality and first rate tournament. Yes, everyone always points to ASA nationals as the best run tournaments but they are only one age group and classification per location so it is not a fair comparison. For a tournament the size of the USFA state tournament this year you will be hard pressed to find a tournament in the southeast that is better run in the same size and scope, period!

Second, fields are gold and Drakes Creek is the only facility large enough to hold a tournament of this size in a single location in the mid state. Keep in mind that if you split it up there are parents with kids in different age groups that will have to split up creating a hardship. If everything runs perfect the number of field’s ratio to the number of games is still tight. As for restrooms and field prep this is the responsibility of the park and it is out of the control of the tournament director. I have attended tournaments in softball and soccer at the travel and TSSAA level at Drakes Creek for years and have found Dave Lemar’s crew and the involved parents of Hendersonville to be some of the best I have ever seen. Sometimes things go wrong and everyone does the best that they can to fix the problems on the fly. The alternative would be to hold a smaller tournament, I am sure there would be more complaints if your team was told they could not enter.

Third, umpires like many things in life range from very good to below average. The problem is that the larger the tournament the larger the pool of umpires that is needed to cover the games. At a tournament as large as this year’s USFA state the regular group of umpires has to be augmented or you simply cannot cover the fields or the games. I spoke with some of the umpires that used to work my tournaments over the state tournament weekend and I thought that the set up Ken used was very good and set up to give every team a positive experience. A good state director knows to let the umpire’s control the field and you never get involved with calls on the field. So if your problem is with calls on the field that is another discussion. See the USFA UIC, he is a great guy and he will give you the time to voice your opinion. Just try to be open enough to listen to the explanation in reply.

I have been to travel and high school tournaments for over 10 years, run a few myself and from my experience and perspective this year’s USFA should get an A+. Remember, it is easy to complain but much harder to put yourself on the line and if you look hard enough you can find something that you do not like every weekend!

I graduated from Alabama so if I misspelled a few words I will send my diploma back!