AAU 14U Basketball Nationals Favorites

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If they were one of the best teams in Tennessee 14u why didn't they compete? Nevertheless the YOMCA is the best team in Tennessee by far. Other contenders we have are the ballers with a national standout PG/SG in Alex Anderson, they have a great starting back court, but their big man is lacking. We also have the Stars a group that's been together for awhile they will be missing their best player from year's past in Chris Jones. Finally the true contender besides the Y is the Memphis Bearcats. Their four players who missed the state tourney(Craig Hill 6'5, Steve Johnson 6'0 PF/WF, Willie Atwood 6'1 WF/PF, and Markell Morgan 5'7 PG) are back and John Ross Glover is finally meshing in with the team. Then you have Adam Weary, Martavious Newby, Jerron Washington, and Alvertis London II this team could be a sleeper in D1 and is probably a National Champion in D2.

I agree with the post regarding Bearcats being the Sleeper Team. I to believe they are beginning to click with each other and playing big time level. Tay Tay showed a lot of character when he left the team briefly but ask each member would he be accepted back. Adam Weary is just awesome, John Ross Glover has numerour skills and is very intelligent player and sees the floor better than anyone I know, Jerron is a shark, Craig has come around and found a home under the goal and works it great, Alvertis Jr. is great ball handler and great nolook passer. The rest of the players Carlton, Steve, Jack, Willie, etc will be key to the success ot the Bearcats in the Nationals.

The Memphis YOMCA is certainly the state's top team. The Tennessee Travelers are clearly the No. 2 team in the state, having posted wins over the Memphis Ballers and Memphis Idlewild in the state tournament. The order of finish in the 14-u state:

The poster from the Celtics does not have his facts correct. The Y beat the Travelers in the state championship game. I'm sure the Celtics haven't played the Y and they definitely haven't played the Travelers.

1. Memphis YOMCA

2. Tennessee Travelers

3. Ragin Rhinos

4. Memphis Ballers

5. Nashville Nuggets

6. Memphis Golden Eagles

7. Tennessee Tigers

8. Memphis Idlewild

Southeast weren't you the same one saying you guarded Reggie Bucker and F.Hall? How would you be on the 14U team playing up 3 age groups? Whatever regardless NO ONE, I repeat no one has verified your claims and Memphis Idlewild is the second best team in memphis HANDS DOWN especially with the return of their players. I hope they go to Orlando or are they to good for that? The Y doesn't play in Memphis with the exception of sub-state, but they still played at State, because the same teams there are going to be comparable to teams in Florida. Also I have never heard of a 14u Nashville Celtic team this year, a 13u last year etc and I would like a link to these rankings please. Also note: That I don't intend on starting arguement, but the fact(The Y's dominance of Tennessee since at least 5th grade, the Bearcats beating every single team in memphis by at least double digits once, including the Ballers by 18 and 10 and Golden Eagles by 12) the 'Cats are also the closet team to have beaten the Y in awhile from memphis. Oh and not to mention the Bearcats are going to be in the Battle Of The Bluff and the Memphis Stallions made a name for themselves at Nationals and were able to get exposure so don't belittle teams for not being able to travel to every single Big Tournament after the Bearcats and many memphis teams are funded directly by Inner-City parents and hosting their our tournaments.

Well Southeast you must be extremely skilled to be playing up 3 age groups, but thats besides the point and actually the Bearcats have faced teams from Illionois and St.Louis as well and not to mention they played up in 16u tournament and without terrible officiating would've won that tournament. Getting sponsored by Adidas isn't saying much, a team in Memphis, the Memphis Celtics formerly bulldogs have some Adidas jerseys and they are not close to the top tier of Memphis. You call teams jokes and thats where I really have a problem with, though you have your own opinion. Once you come and beat the Y, Bearcats, Ballers, or the Bulls let me know and tell me by how much to. Its your opinion and I respect that, but don't let one game against a Non-Memphis team blow your head and have you put your team heads and shoulders above the rest, but please don't judge any team by how they beat another team. Fact is we may beat the Stars by 9 and blow out a 16u team by 20! Thats just not a good arguement if you tell me a site or anything where I can see what you guys are really about then I won't argue with you...what are you guy's schedules this month?

Let me say this though, the reason I'm boasting up these memphis teams is teams are close to having the right combination. The Ballers now have a bigger back and more reliable backcourt. The Bulls are big and athlethic on the wing with alot of shooters. The Y added Chris Jones and taller players to their rotation. The Bearcats have size and Tay Tay Newby for a whole year. The reserves of the Bearcats and the Y are very crucial. The Y's bench could be a good D1 team and the bearcats reserve would still be among the best in memphis. Cartlon McCord is the most athlethic guy at his height[5'8] and he's got his offensive game going and his defense has always been top notch, if Jack can play 6'4 and not 5'6 then he'll be another contributor, Alvertis London Jr. provides a solid and sometimes more sable leadership of the offense than Markell. Tay Tay Newby is more athlethic than Cameron Golden maybe not as good of a shooter, but when he listens he's one of the best on the court. My X-Factor is Steve Johnson he shows promise in about each tournament in a game or two if he can string together solid games consistently and at their latest tournaments I see Alvertis Sr. trusts in his ability to guard Wing Forwards. He guarded Tobey Baker, Connor Payne, Cortez McClee etc and another big question mark is Willie. He seems so loose and unserious at tournments. I wonder whats going on him with him as he was making noise at Kirby Middle last year and if they get all those pieces right then the bearcats are pretty much set. Oh and also helps to have a 6'5, 6'2, 6'3, 6'0, and 5'8 guy in your starting lineup to. /tongue.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />

I keep up with ###### though I only most find info on Eastern Teams unless Leslie or Johnny is at a camp never the less. What age group are you in officially?

I would also say not all sponsored teams are good, like the Georgia Stars you mentioned. They're not horrible or bad, but I've been keeping up their younger teams and they get a Meh from me. Also keep in mind that most teams that are younger don't travel that much except for State, Nationals, Sub-State etc. I understand your point, but College Coaches will be at the National Super Showcases and if you wacthed ESPN when they covered Freshmen they loved to mention how Beasley WON AAU CHAMPIONSHIPS. If you don't think Nationals mean squat then that's your opinion, but what can you do. Keep in mind getting a sponsorship for the Bearcats/Idlewild would be easy since they are an established non-profit organization [Hoop 4 Life Inc.] So, but I'll say this if the Nashville Celtics have a 14u team or 13u team I want to see them beat a Memphis Team in an official game. You've called teams sorry you boast about how Elite and how good you guys are when really the only person who really notes your "dominance" is Andre Whitehead and lets be honest he rarely comes down to Memphis and his info is hear in Memphis. Also remember I'm not talking about Prather and Barham Celtics teams I'm talking about the 14 and 15 teams. The Stallions started getting exposure AFTER they finished in 10th place in 6th grade. I'm still waiting on a link and a more reliable source than Andre Whitehead.

Also Memphis has that problem there are alot of fathers coaching in Memphis and thus many want their own glory. For examle the Team Memphis Blazers, Memphis Ballers, and Memphis Cavs have great players, but they're being held down by the greed in most parents on the AAU circuit in Memphis. Memphis could have 3 elite teams in my opinion if some of the teams just combine for the greater good. The Y, Bearcats, and Bulls are some of the best teams in Memphis, and in Tennessee and even the Tri-State Area. I understand and respect your opinion hopefully I'll catch you guys in action before the summer is over.

Actually its Robert Houston(Ranked 57th Nationally), and even though Andre doens't come to Memphis he rarely covers any Memphis AAU teams that do travel. I have only seen one story about the Memphis Stallions! I'm just saying I think he would gladly watch the Travelers, Thunder, Celtics, Mid-State Ballerz before any Memphis team unless its the 17u Y. I don't know if the Nuggets are going D1 or D2 I'll have to look at the seedings on the AAU website and see how many could've qualified for D1 I just know the Y, Golden Eagles, Ballers, and Bearcats are going.

Actually its Robert Houston(Ranked 57th Nationally), and even though Andre doens't come to Memphis he rarely covers any Memphis AAU teams that do travel. I have only seen one story about the Memphis Stallions! I'm just saying I think he would gladly watch the Travelers, Thunder, Celtics, Mid-State Ballerz before any Memphis team unless its the 17u Y. I don't know if the Nuggets are going D1 or D2 I'll have to look at the seedings on the AAU website and see how many could've qualified for D1 I just know the Y, Golden Eagles, Ballers, and Bearcats are going.

He is?I saw a sight and it had him ranked twice(254th and 54th) so I wasnt sure which number to go by so I just didn't include his name. But he just covers the teams that go to the big tournaments and if you are not at that tournament he doesn't talk about to but the Y(im talkin bout 17U) and the M33M balerz(if there is any more it jus probably slipped my mind) and I dont think he talks about the Stallions much because alot of there players have been switching playing with others teams and then coming back from what I have seen last time is spoke to Adonis he was playin with the Y for a lil bit(he still plays for the stallions) Oh and he mentioned the Stallions 4 times not 1

Really? I only saw extensive coverage on them when they were at the Memorial Day Classic or something like it. The core players of the Stallions are still there and haven't really switched, I just heard it was Adonis Thomas playing up and maybe Bobby Parks switching from the Y to them. And the Hoop Scoop has him ranked 57th and thats the only sight I could get rankings without paying aload of unneccasary money to people's opinion of young men's basketball skills.

southeast are you a statman or a ball player.i have been coaching in travel basketball for a long time actually coached the nashville celtics there first year i know all the guys over there good people... but man i dont think alex and john would like you on here talking all this trash.individual rankings dont mean anything at 14 and under austin blackwell has alot of things he needs to work on i dont think he is even close to being top 100 in the country... second man let your game talk for itself.. i have never heard john jenkins and other top players talking about them selves or there teams on this site or others. you all are a adidas program but you are not sponsored by adidas you need to know the difference young fella......