AAA and Div II Predictions

hamlet7478

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Riverdale got drummed in the first round of the state tourney last fall. However thats good experience.

Socref1, Riverdale did not get drummed in the 1st round last year. They lost in sectionals 1-0, in a game that could have went either way. Make no mistake, Riverdale is good. I have alot of respect for them. I think they will come out hungry this year.

This should be a Great year for HS girls soccer. My chair is already unfolded on the sideline waiting for the games to start. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Socref1, Riverdale did not get drummed in the 1st round last year. They lost in sectionals 1-0, in a game that could have went either way. Make no mistake, Riverdale is good. I have alot of respect for them. I think they will come out hungry this year.

This should be a Great year for HS girls soccer. My chair is already unfolded on the sideline waiting for the games to start. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

When I meant first round, I meant State at GPS. So I guess it was the quarterfinals. I hope you are right. Good to see other schools than the "same old fare"

When I meant first round, I meant State at GPS. So I guess it was the quarterfinals. I hope you are right. Good to see other schools than the "same old fare"

Riverdale lost to Soddy Daisy 1-0 in the sectional played at Riverdale. Soddy Daisy lost 6-0 to Collierville in the State Quarterfinal played at GPS. You must be thinking Soddy Daisy.

In regards to "Same Old Fare" Franklin over the last two decades has been a dominate state winner but it now has to fight its way out of a very tough district that includes Brentwood.

Tullahoma another frequent state visitor has been been stopped in regionals the last couple of years by Siegel and Riverdale. Both programs have improved as well as the talent. For the last two years Siegel has upset Franklin in close games in the state quarter-finals.

Ravenwood was new to the state tourney last year surprising teams in the regionals.

In the west Collierville and Houston will continue to dominate. Their big schools with the right demographics and no real competition in the regionals so they should be at state regularly.

In the west I don't think Oak Ridge will be back to state but Bearden and Farragut should. But someone else may have better knowledge of the west than I. Would like to hear your thoughts.

So there has been some change in the same old fare. But the teams and towns that have good clubs feeding them should continue to return to the state tourney although where new high schools open it could dilute the talent. IE Independence, Ravewood.

Franklin- Highly overrated the past several years and never can win the big one.

Bearden- Highly underrated and has showed up and won the big games. You think people might just give them a lot more respect than I have seen provided on this forum.

Out West:

Houston 2004 State Champs/ 2005 semi's

Collierville 2005 State Champs / 2006 and 2007 State Finalists.

Regardless of how "weak" the rest of the state feels about this region, they have performed rather well the past four years.

Houston should be a strong contender this year- new coach and some new players.

It was Siegel and they played Bearden toe to toe in the semifinals too 1-0. Siegel lost two Senior starters B. Winn and B. Miller. But they had several sophomores and Freshmen that started and contributed.

Siegel will have 5 or 6 senior starters this year. They will battle with Riverdale again and both teams should make it to the sectionals. I don’t see Tullahoma or Shelbyville stopping them this year.

In fact I would predict both Siegel and Riverdale make to the state tournament. Then its anybody’s guess.....

I don't doubt the Riverdale prediction. I think Siegel will have much more of a challenge. Not only did they loose Winn and Miller, but also Gerhart. They looked weaker when Gerhart was out with her knee injury last year. There is also a rumor of a switch at the keeper position. Don't misunderstand. Still a very talented team, but they have some big holes to fill.

Here is a pick to get people excited or up in arms, lol:

Class AAA Region 2 District 3

1. Powell

2. Karns

3. West

4. Oak Ridge

5. Halls

6. Central

7. Clinton

Let's see how many interesting comments we get from this /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

1. Powell

2. Karns

3. West

4. Oak Ridge

5. Halls

6. Central

7. Clinton

Let's see how many interesting comments we get from this /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Isn't the new Hardin Valley Academy in this district? If so, they're going to be pretty mad--you didn't even put them on the list!

Isn't the new Hardin Valley Academy in this district? If so, they're going to be pretty mad--you didn't even put them on the list!

Not sure if they are in this one or in Bearden and Farraguts District. Anyhow if so guess there is the first of the fireworks, /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Yes according to Coacht schools ...Hardin Valley is in the district

Quick FactsDivision I

Class AAA, Region 2, District 3

Record:

Strength Rank: N/A

Schedule Rank: N/A

Knox County

Enrollment: 1100

Grand Division: East

11345 Hardin Valley Road

Knoxville, TN 37932

is that the girls bowling team ranking? /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=" /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

1. Powell

2. Karns

3. West

4. Oak Ridge

5. Halls

6. Central

7. Clinton