Wayne "Bootsy" Parks Hillcrest High

ANALYST

I had the chance to see Wayne Parks play over the past weekend at the Memphis Summer Classic which was held at MUS. Here are the scoring numbers that he put up: Parks scored 31pts against Hamilton, 25pts against Central, 15pts on Bishop Byrne, 28pts on Christian Brothers, 12pts on MUS, and 22pts on Collierville. This kid will be a sleeper this year in Memphis.

That's probably because you ARE Wayne Parks, or you're at least a close relative. You've posted eight times on coacht.com, and seven of those eight have been about Parks. WE GOT YOUR POINT THE FIRST TIME! Let's see how he does in the season...which will probably get here after we hear about 15 more posts from you about how great he is.

This is a no different than the posts that you post Opperman. Only a person with an opinion just like you do. I get tired of reading about Bartlett but I respect your opinion. My post was not any different than the posts about Mario Lusk, Andre Allen, etc, etc,. Just because you haven't seen him play doesn't mean that he can't play. When this kid signs a letter of intent this fall you'll understand what I'm saying. If it takes 15 more posts to get this kid the recognition that he deserves so be it, by ANY MEANS NECCESSARY!!!!!!!

I don't just post about Bartlett, though. You only post about Parks.

15 more posts about Parks between now and the season will do nothing but make more people think you're hyping yourself or a close relative. If Parks shows himself to be as good as you say he is, you won't be the only person talking about him.

I thought that it was okay to post about whatever I wanted to post. I'm not trying to hype Parks, what I say about him are facts. If you don't like what I post, don't comment. Even though I read your hundreds of Bartlett posts I don't make comments about them because it doesn't matter to me what Bartlett does. You should do the same if your'e not interested in Parks, which is apparent by your post. Don't take what I say personal, but if you knew as much as you want people to believe that you do, you would comfirm what I post about or leave the negativity out of your replys and stop assuming that I am a relative or something. If you knew Wayne Parks you'd know that he's not the kind of kid to hype himself. It's good that people like you don't give scholarships, because alot of other good kids would be left out. A lot of other good kids go to schools other than Bartlett. Retract that last statement, I'm beginning to sound like you!

If you think all I post about is Bartlett, you don't pay much attention to my posts at all. I post more about Bartlett than I do on any other school, but I still post quite a bit about WS, Ridgeway, Cordova, Bolton, Germantown, and other random teams from the Memphis area that I happened to see recently.

Yes, you're free to post whatever you want, but it's more effective if you post about more than just one player. If Gomab says a guy's good, people will believe him, because he posts about EVERYBODY. If some guy who's never posted about anything other than one player nobody else has ever heard of keeps posting about that one player, people tend to ignore it. You're wasting your time and bandwidth if you keep posting over and over.

If I get a chance to see Hillcrest this year, I will go watch them. I don't know if I will or not, though, since Hillcrest is on the other side of town and I won't be home all that much...it'd have to be a night Bartlett was off.

You posted that you'll post 15 more times to get Parks the recognition he deserves...that's great and all, but speaking from experience, 15 more posts won't get him any more recognition, it'll get everyone thinking what I posted last week.

Opperman, here's some info on Hillcrest that you don't know, first, Hillcrest won Ridgeway's summer league. In the process of winning the championship, they defeated the mighty Roadrunners twice. Once in the summer league's regular season, and again in the tournament's championship game. Of course this doesn't mean anything to you because you didn't see it happen, Hillcrest didn't play Bartlett, and gomab didn't say it, but it is true. Enough of the sarcasm, Hillcrest participated in the Memphis Summer Classic at MUS and played right after Bartlett lost to Harding in overtime on the same floor. You said that you saw Bartlett play and you gave plenty of reasons why they lost on one of your posts. If you saw that game you had a chance to see Hillcrest play, but let me guess, it wasn't important to you. Hillcrest defeated MUS right after that game on the same floor that Bartlett lost to Harding Academy on. By the way, the stats from the round robin tourney were sent to all the coaches and teams that participated in it. Guess who was third in scoring out of the twenty six teams that played in the tourney. You got it, Wayne Parks, averaged 21.7 pts. in six games, Hillcrest finished the tourney at 3 wins & 3 losses. Mario Lusk from Manassas led the tourney with 23.0 pts per game. I don't worry if anyone believes what I post, I post about Parks because I think we hear enough about the so called superstars that never qualify or even graduate from high school. Let me leave you with this Opperman, if you didn't know, now you know. By the way, 14 more posts to go, lols.

Posted by ANALYST:

Opperman, here's some info on Hillcrest that you don't know, first, Hillcrest won Ridgeway's summer league. In the process of winning the championship, they defeated the mighty Roadrunners twice.

Which doesn't mean as much this year as it did last year, Ridgeway lost a TON.

Posted by ANALYST:

Enough of the sarcasm, Hillcrest participated in the Memphis Summer Classic at MUS and played right after Bartlett lost to Harding in overtime on the same floor. You said that you saw Bartlett play and you gave plenty of reasons why they lost on one of your posts. If you saw that game you had a chance to see Hillcrest play, but let me guess, it wasn't important to you. Hillcrest defeated MUS right after that game on the same floor that Bartlett lost to Harding Academy on.

I didn't see Bartlett play MUS. I had to work while that game was going on. I saw Bartlett play Overton and missed the rest because I had to work a lot that weekend. But of course, that's inconvenient for you so you'll ignore the possibility.

Posted by ANALYST:

By the way, 14 more posts to go, lols.

Nice to see you have a good sense of humor. :o

If my schedule works out, I will make it a point to go see Hillcrest play this year...that said, I'm out of town most of basketball season, so my window of opportunity for seeing them play is pretty limited.

Posted by ANALYST:

I had the chance to see Wayne Parks play over the past weekend at the Memphis Summer Classic which was held at MUS. Here are the scoring numbers that he put up: Parks scored 31pts against Hamilton, 25pts against Central, 15pts on Bishop Byrne, 28pts on Christian Brothers, 12pts on MUS, and 22pts on Collierville. This kid will be a sleeper this year in Memphis.

Wayne is at best a low to mid level D1 player, a great kid also.

Posted by Opperman:
Posted by ANALYST:

Opperman, here's some info on Hillcrest that you don't know, first, Hillcrest won Ridgeway's summer league. In the process of winning the championship, they defeated the mighty Roadrunners twice.

Which doesn't mean as much this year as it did last year, Ridgeway lost a TON.

Posted by ANALYST:

Enough of the sarcasm, Hillcrest participated in the Memphis Summer Classic at MUS and played right after Bartlett lost to Harding in overtime on the same floor. You said that you saw Bartlett play and you gave plenty of reasons why they lost on one of your posts. If you saw that game you had a chance to see Hillcrest play, but let me guess, it wasn't important to you. Hillcrest defeated MUS right after that game on the same floor that Bartlett lost to Harding Academy on.

I didn't see Bartlett play MUS. I had to work while that game was going on. I saw Bartlett play Overton and missed the rest because I had to work a lot that weekend. But of course, that's inconvenient for you so you'll ignore the possibility.

Posted by ANALYST:

By the way, 14 more posts to go, lols.

Nice to see you have a good sense of humor. :(

If my schedule works out, I will make it a point to go see Hillcrest play this year...that said, I'm out of town most of basketball season, so my window of opportunity for seeing them play is pretty limited.

Everyone needs a sense of humor, keeps down stress, but you just explained why I post about this kid. I do this for people that may not get a chance to see him play. Ridgeway did lose a lot, but they still returned 5 of their top 8 players, Hillcrest lost their leading scorer in all-state performer Tyrone Scott. Parks was the second leading scorer on last years team at 13.3 pts per game. Ridgeway is still a favorite in class AA, I'm not saying that Hillcrest will go to state, but who knows what will happen if you can get out of Memphis. Once again if Parks has a tremendous season, remember where you heard it first. P.S. 13 more posts, lols.