Maryville vs Halls

RebFan101

Halls will run because that is what they do! I will take Maryville by a couple td's

OK, let me try to put a finer point on it. I actually said they will run it down Maryville's throat. I don't believe Maryville can shut down Halls' run game. I believe Halls will roll up offensive yards on the ground. However, while I'd love to see the upset, I'm just afraid Halls is too one dimensional to win the game. Unless they have a passing game I haven't seen yet, Maryville will be able to focus against the run and although Halls is top notch running the football, it won't be enough against the Rebels. Having said that, I don't think it is out of the question Halls could win. They are a good 4A team, and Maryville isn't at this point the same caliber as they've been the last couple of years (although GQ will prob have them playing that way as the season goes on.)

• Replies 394
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The game less than a week away. What is the feeling on this game? Does Halls have a chance? Are there any injuries that may effect the outcome of this game for either team?

Yes, there are plenty of injuries for Halls. It may be unclear which ones could affect the outcome. Halls had at least 6 players on the sidelines in street clothes friday night for the scrimmage with Carter. At least 4 of those are starters or would see playing time if healthy. Two more starters got hurt during the scrimmage and did not return. I am not sure about the status of any and would not reveal it here anyway. But Halls has had the worst rash of injuries that I can remember in recent years. That is kind of strange to me considering I thought the earlier game date would help both teams arrive healthy.

However, injuries are part of football. I am sure Halls has a chance. I am not sure that it is a great one. I think Halls will play hard. I think Halls will make some mistakes typical of an early season game. If the turnovers are even, Halls may be in the game. If Halls gives Maryville a short field to score from, it could be a track meet like years before and Halls will leave with a loss and a great gate. Show up early Halls fans or you may not get a seat. From what I have heard, Maryville travels well and many get there early.

Both teams have a chance the score starts at 0-0!

Like some others have said MHS needs for one of those young men to step up at QB. I see GQ using two QB's early in the season until one sets himself apart. Maryville with GQ have proven in the past the kind of QB needed to win is one who won't get his team beat. I think that is the case with this year’s team. Maryville has enough other tools to make plays and just need to have the ball cleanly enough. For years Halls has been mostly one dimensional with the run. Maryville never is but will take what the D gives them and exploit that weakness or opportunity, a GQ trade mark.

The high note for Maryville is defense wins championships. I think this team could be near what the 04-05 groups showed with 15 game PA averages of 9.0! Another thing that is again strong for Maryville is the special teams play. Keeping an explosive opposing offence deep in their own end of the field and forcing them to earn every yard will win allot of games for any team. Again defense rules.

For the Halls game at Halls the forecast is for about two days of rain and then rain on Friday night. Could hinder a running game.

Maryville will again soundly defeat Halls by at least 13.

Quarles is still one of thebest coaches in history

Maryville by 14

then on the 29th its our time to shine :]]

On the 29th the lights will be on and AHS will again have the opportunity to beat the Rebels. Should the nadios win finally again this year? Maybe, we hear it every year and sooner or later even a blind squirrel finds a nut!

As you know 14-1 is a good record!

Good luck.

On the 29th the lights will be on and AHS will again have the opportunity to beat the Rebels. Should the nadios win finally again this year? Maybe, we hear it every year and sooner or later even a blind squirrel finds a nut!

As you know 14-1 is a good record!

Good luck.

Look at it this way, FBmoron....

Maryville should NEVER......EVER lose to Alcoa, period.

So 14-1 would be fine with me.

Remember, we are a 2A school playing against a 5A 4A school.

Remember that.

Look at it this way, FBmoron....

Maryville should NEVER......EVER lose to Alcoa, period.

So 14-1 would be fine with me.

Remember, we are a 2A school playing against a 5A 4A school.

Remember that.

/roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> Yep, Alcoa's enrollment (425) + ONE THOUSAND+ students = Maryville's enrollment.