Jefferson County Football 2008

DZbettin

After reading some of these posts I was just wondering why some people say why can't we get any better competition that West Greene. In the past we haven't done to well against a coach that played at Jeff. Co. and the coach from West Greene (Joe Case) is an ex-patriot. They may be rebuilding but he will be ready for a return to Dumplin Valley. After seeing the results from our previous scrimmages don't you think some of the teams we scrimmaged thinks the same thing about us. I think maybe we should not be so critical of a team that may have only won 1 game last season because we have not been up to par in our scrimmages against Sullivan South or Knox Central. My parents were at the Knox Central scrimmage and overheard some members of the Maryville coaching staff say that Jeff. Co. was a disgrace to 5A football. I know we have some way to go before we can expect to return to powerhouse like we were but I do believe those Maryville coaches we close to correct. I just don't think some of these kids really know the tradition of Jeff. Co. football. People used to dread playing Jeff. Co. and now we are just considered another team. Maybe you all are seeing something that I am not but I do believe we are going to be in for a long season. I hope that I am wrong but I guess we will see when we make the trip to Greeneville on August 22.

You're preaching to the choir my man

But, shhhhhhhhhhhhhh don't say things like this too loudly, you might hurt someone's feelings. You're suppose to fall in line, beat the drum to the same beat as everyone else and hope for the best. I've tried for years to talk about the legacy that these current Patriots have to live up to, and why it matters, most on here don't seem to care.

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So........how'd the scrimmage go????????

If you're such a PATs fan why were't you there? But to answer your question, 33-6 Jeff Co with the 6 coming from a bocthed FG attempt in the last 10 seconds of the scrimage.

Xpatriot-- is there even such a thing????

I really get sick and tired of people getting on here and talking about the good old days. They do nothing but run their mouth and stir up crap. If you guys really cared that much then do something to contribute to the program. Whether it be a donation, your time, etc... What have either of you done to support this program since you left it????

After reading some of these posts I was just wondering why some people say why can't we get any better competition that West Greene. In the past we haven't done to well against a coach that played at Jeff. Co. and the coach from West Greene (Joe Case) is an ex-patriot. They may be rebuilding but he will be ready for a return to Dumplin Valley. After seeing the results from our previous scrimmages don't you think some of the teams we scrimmaged thinks the same thing about us. I think maybe we should not be so critical of a team that may have only won 1 game last season because we have not been up to par in our scrimmages against Sullivan South or Knox Central. My parents were at the Knox Central scrimmage and overheard some members of the Maryville coaching staff say that Jeff. Co. was a disgrace to 5A football. I know we have some way to go before we can expect to return to powerhouse like we were but I do believe those Maryville coaches we close to correct. I just don't think some of these kids really know the tradition of Jeff. Co. football. People used to dread playing Jeff. Co. and now we are just considered another team. Maybe you all are seeing something that I am not but I do believe we are going to be in for a long season. I hope that I am wrong but I guess we will see when we make the trip to Greeneville on August 22.

I'm really not sure why jeff county would be considered a disgrace to 5A. Yeah, it got ugly during the Euverard era..Tradition was lost. Things turned around a little last season. Over .500 and a playoff birth. Things seem to be heading in the right direction. It is a process. Kids that were not a part of a TRADITION back in the day, cannot pick it up at the snap of a finger. It does not happen over night, and if you think it does then you are foolish. Too many people try to magnify scrimmages and translate them to the outcome of the season. Scrimmages are practice sessions that allow you to get better. The 1st scrimmage was not good, but the 2nd was better, and the 3rd was a little better (reguardless of the team). That is the purpose of scrimmages, to get better. And as long as jeff co keeps improving each week, they will be alright.

I'm really not sure why jeff county would be considered a disgrace to 5A. Yeah, it got ugly during the Euverard era..Tradition was lost. Things turned around a little last season. Over .500 and a playoff birth. Things seem to be heading in the right direction. It is a process. Kids that were not a part of a TRADITION back in the day, cannot pick it up at the snap of a finger. It does not happen over night, and if you think it does then you are foolish. Too many people try to magnify scrimmages and translate them to the outcome of the season. Scrimmages are practice sessions that allow you to get better. The 1st scrimmage was not good, but the 2nd was better, and the 3rd was a little better (reguardless of the team). That is the purpose of scrimmages, to get better. And as long as jeff co keeps improving each week, they will be alright.

Icannot believe that anyone made the remarks that JCHS is a disgrace to 5A, especially from Maryville. After all there are several old Patriots on staff there, incl. GQ, Ricky Upton, and others that I cant recall. If this was said I am sure it didnot come from anyone that matters. As a matter of fact, I dont know why I replied to the post. I've been true blue since 1983 and i still get excited about Patriot football. I now have a grandson on the team and could not prouder of the efforts of the coaches and players as they return the team to an East Tennessee Powerhouse once again!!!! Hows that for knowing about tradition and I believe it should taught to the current teams. We are not a disgrace to anyone at any level.

If you're such a PATs fan why were't you there? But to answer your question, 33-6 Jeff Co with the 6 coming from a bocthed FG attempt in the last 10 seconds of the scrimage.

Xpatriot-- is there even such a thing????

I really get sick and tired of people getting on here and talking about the good old days. They do nothing but run their mouth and stir up crap. If you guys really cared that much then do something to contribute to the program. Whether it be a donation, your time, etc... What have either of you done to support this program since you left it????

Believe it or not, but there are things that take precedent over a scrimmage with West Greene, like ohhhhhhh I don't know............MY JOB!!!!!!!!!!!

I get sick of tired of you assuming that you know anything about what anyone else does to contribute, stick to what you do know and stop trying to run a Jeff County gestapo.

I know one thing... you stir up stuff on every post you get on. You where supposed to "be gone" as you put it some time ago. You started calling for a coaching change at the end of last seson and have already started on them again this season. You did not defend the program from the earlier post quoting the Maryville coaches. On the contrary you seemed to agree with them. Why don't you find another team to support. No wait, you don't even support this one.

One other thing...I'm sure you could have gotten the day if you had asked.

I know one thing... you stir up stuff on every post you get on. You where supposed to "be gone" as you put it some time ago. You started calling for a coaching change at the end of last seson and have already started on them again this season. You did not defend the program from the earlier post quoting the Maryville coaches. On the contrary you seemed to agree with them. Why don't you find another team to support. No wait, you don't even support this one.

One other thing...I'm sure you could have gotten the day if you had asked.

Hooray you can use the coacht search feature, congrats

I call a spade a spade, like many you just don't like hearing the ugly truth and would rather focus on pixie dust and fairy worlds that do no exist. I called for one coaching change that would help this team, it is funny that you gloss over the fact that I`m not the only one seeing the need for change in that department(in fact a player got on here and publicly asked for Coach Anderson to take over the offense, but no you choose to single me out, its fine though I`m use to being the bad guy around here. Someone has to tell things like they are around here, and since the JC gestapo before you have run off just about every quality Jeff County fan that use to be on this site we are left with a bunch of people who've joined this site in the last year or so and are only interested in pixie dust worlds.

There hasn't been a more ardent supporter of JC on this site than me, where were you when this team was going 2-8/3-7 and were the laughing stock of East Tenn? Where were you when Mo West fans constantly attacked not only the current teams but the teams of the past also? Where were you when the "voice of the Trojans" got on here and tried to dismissed JC's win over West last year as West just giving the game away on fumbles? Where were you when team after team called out JC from Campbell Co to Bearden? Where were you longtime coacht posters scoffed at me for saying last years team would go 5-5 or 6-4? Where were you when JC's stadium was half empty every week and the program could barely get students to show up for games? Yeah its easy to sit here after the team makes the playoffs and has 80+ kids out and talk like you've been being the Pats this whole time.

How dare you question my support of Jeff County football when you haven't been on this site long enough to get your ears wet much less know the 1st thing about me?

Hooray you can use the coacht search feature, congrats

I call a spade a spade, like many you just don't like hearing the ugly truth and would rather focus on pixie dust and fairy worlds that do no exist. I called for one coaching change that would help this team, it is funny that you gloss over the fact that I`m not the only one seeing the need for change in that department(in fact a player got on here and publicly asked for Coach Anderson to take over the offense, but no you choose to single me out, its fine though I`m use to being the bad guy around here. Someone has to tell things like they are around here, and since the JC gestapo before you have run off just about every quality Jeff County fan that use to be on this site we are left with a bunch of people who've joined this site in the last year or so and are only interested in pixie dust worlds.

There hasn't been a more ardent supporter of JC on this site than me, where were you when this team was going 2-8/3-7 and were the laughing stock of East Tenn? Where were you when Mo West fans constantly attacked not only the current teams but the teams of the past also? Where were you when the "voice of the Trojans" got on here and tried to dismissed JC's win over West last year as West just giving the game away on fumbles? Where were you when team after team called out JC from Campbell Co to Bearden? Where were you longtime coacht posters scoffed at me for saying last years team would go 5-5 or 6-4? Where were you when JC's stadium was half empty every week and the program could barely get students to show up for games? Yeah its easy to sit here after the team makes the playoffs and has 80+ kids out and talk like you've been being the Pats this whole time.

How dare you question my support of Jeff County football when you haven't been on this site long enough to get your ears wet much less know the 1st thing about me?

It would be really nice if you boys could reign in your testosterone a bit and get back on topic. /mad.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":angry:" border="0" alt="mad.gif" />

I was there for every bit of it. Just because I wasn't on this site doesn't mean I wasn't supporting the program. The past is the past and what matters is today and tomorrow. I don't like people that have nothing but compliants and no real solutions. Its not up to you or I however as to how the game is coached or whose coaching it. But it is up to you and I to support this team and its coaches no matter what the situation is. That is something where you are lacking.

I was there for every bit of it. Just because I wasn't on this site doesn't mean I wasn't supporting the program. The past is the past and what matters is today and tomorrow. I don't like people that have nothing but compliants and no real solutions. Its not up to you or I however as to how the game is coached or whose coaching it. But it is up to you and I to support this team and its coaches no matter what the situation is. That is something where you are lacking.

No, where I am lacking is supporting the program the exact same way that you do, the pixie dust and fairy approach is only one way, one that I don't proscribe to. And no I don't believe that you should support a teams coaches "no matter what", once again if you get past the pixie dust and fairy world you`ll see that all coaches are not created equal, some aren't good coaches, some do things that do no help the program. The support the coach "no matter what" philosophy is what people tried to preach during the Euverard days when there were 20 something varsity players, no I won't stand by and say thats ok support the coach no matter what. Sometimes situations are in need of change and people need to say it and not just lets things be, sitting on your hands and hoping for the best doesn't result in anything.