Knox Halls Starters

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well Leonard and Ladish will be accompanied by 72 Micah Bolden, 79 Ben McFalls, & 42 Ryan Pixley.

as for 4 Tyler Turner, he won't have any trouble battling for starter. Sure he had a few "hiccups" last year, but it was his first year starting behind center. With a year under his belt, he looks to be a good playmaker this year. HOWEVER, in case the injury bug does decide to welcome itself to him once again (knock on wood), backups are very solid with 14 Zach Dowdy, 7 Hunter Snoderly, and 11 Josh Coffman. 2 of the 3 are mobile, and the 2nd-stringer, Dowdy, has had some experience already (such as Maryville, South-Doyle, and the blowouts last year).

But my favorite thing about the team this year, is our depth at runningback. Not only can we go 6 or 7 back, they all have tremendous speed, such as:

23 Kevin Waggoner

42 Ryan Pixley

3 Zach Gibson

32 Daniel Hodge

21 Chris McGill

6 James O'Laughlin

33 Logan Stansberry

SEE YOU THE 22nd

well Leonard and Ladish will be accompanied by 72 Micah Bolden, 79 Ben McFalls, & 42 Ryan Pixley.

as for 4 Tyler Turner, he won't have any trouble battling for starter. Sure he had a few "hiccups" last year, but it was his first year starting behind center. With a year under his belt, he looks to be a good playmaker this year. HOWEVER, in case the injury bug does decide to welcome itself to him once again (knock on wood), backups are very solid with 14 Zach Dowdy, 7 Hunter Snoderly, and 11 Josh Coffman. 2 of the 3 are mobile, and the 2nd-stringer, Dowdy, has had some experience already (such as Maryville, South-Doyle, and the blowouts last year).

But my favorite thing about the team this year, is our depth at runningback. Not only can we go 6 or 7 back, they all have tremendous speed, such as:

23 Kevin Waggoner

42 Ryan Pixley

3 Zach Gibson

32 Daniel Hodge

21 Chris McGill

6 James O'Laughlin

33 Logan Stansberry

SEE YOU THE 22nd

hodge and speed should not be put in the same sentece....but i agree with the rest, you can also throw burton in there for fullback

offense:

QB - Turner

WR - Johnson/Gresham

RB - Waggoner

RB - Pixley/Mcgill

FB - Hodge

TE - Cottrell

T - Mcfalls

G - Laddish

C - Raby

G - Leonard

T - Hill

Defense:

DL - Leonard

DL - Laddish

DL - Mcfalls

LB - Cottrell

LB - Hodge

DB - Turner

DB - Johnson

DB - Gresham

(I put them first to show that we have 8 guys that could be starting both ways = not good)

DL- Steinke/Bolden

LB - Case

DB - Bright

- Can someone check my math, but it appears Coach J's weight program is paying off!! Check the Squat results for starting offensive lineman since he took over (including TE):

2005 - 346 avg. per player

2006 - 370 avg. per player

2007 - 394 avg. per player (AB was 505!!)

2008 - 408 avg. per player (not including RT, Juniors didn't squat today)

- Can someone check my math, but it appears Coach J's weight program is paying off!! Check the Squat results for starting offensive lineman since he took over (including TE):

2005 - 346 avg. per player

2006 - 370 avg. per player

2007 - 394 avg. per player (AB was 505!!)

2008 - 408 avg. per player (not including RT, Juniors didn't squat today)

are you gettin these numbers from the old programs?

4merhhsplayer:

- yes and no. Some of the numbers in the program are wishful thinking (sad but true). Let's just say I've been around the program for awhile. You are welcome to check/question my numbers, but I feel they are pretty accurate.

- What about Dorian Cottrell !! From what I hear he has 745lbs on the power clean and squats to lead the team. Way to go Do!! With only the bench press left, can anyone catch him?? IF he can bench 255 or more he will be in the 1,000 lb club. Good job!

ironman, i trust you numbers i was just curious to where you were getting you numbers.

no doubt that some numbes are false in the old programs b/c we used to fill out those numbers ourselves so you know how that went, add some here, add a few more there that sort of thing.

and from what i have seen from dorian in the past, he should get 255 i hope

What is the noise after one week in shorts?? My two cents:

- Other than not being that fast(see 40 times on another thread),from what little I've seen in practice things are looking pretty good.

- Love the discipline that the coaches have instilled this year!! Guys are hustling around and appear to be showing more respect for practice.

- I don't remember having so many "athletes" on the practice field! Players look sharp in drills.

- Concerned about depth on the O line. First team looks solid, but after that we don't seem to have alot of size.

- I know it's just shorts, but from what little I've seen I'd have to give the first week of practice an "A".

- However, next week is the real test (pads). If this team can get a little tougher, we might have a good year.

What does everyone else think?

23 Kevin Waggoner

42 Ryan Pixley

3 Zach Gibson

32 Daniel Hodge

21 Chris McGill

6 James O'Laughlin

33 Logan Stansberry

SEE YOU THE 22nd

I think #7 has moved from QB ot WR. That leaves #4, #14, #11 and #1 at QB (who is also mobile).

Has anyone noticed if #72 Bolden is back to 100% or not. He isn't the biggest guy on the line, but he is a hard worker. Depth is the biggest concern on the OLine. I hope he can go this year.

Someone asked about Zabowski. I have only seen one practice but he is coming along. He could be a major weapon when we need to complete a fade route into the corner of the endzone.

Lastly, I am also glad we have a large number of capable runners. However, after watching him on the freshmen team, I will be surprised if #6 doesn't make a huge impact in the backfield and/or on returns. He has great ability IMO. Halls needs someone to step up and be a playmaker.