Knox Halls Starters

Two cents:

- Halls came out strong(1st three series):

- Rushing - Halls:15 rushes/87 yards

Catholic: 6 rushes/19 yards

- Passing - Halls: 5/ (-)4 yards (complted 1 for 10, sack -14), -only 3 were thrown

Catholic:4/ (-)10 yards

- Total - Halls 83 yards, Catholic 9 yards.

However, things went down from that point on. GOOD NEWS, we started strong!! Bad news, we lost 14-7.

Note> running 5.8 yard avg., passing a little under 0 per pass called. (1st three series)

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Goldenboot

- #11? looked good at WR, #15 at QB made several nice throws, and #99 made some big plays and two nice catches.

- However, #99 probably would have playd better if #67 would have been there. Also, with Vann out your offense struggled most of the night. (Vann and Coulter are two studs, but you still out played us)

- I have to give coach Williams credit for tonights turn around! He is going to do a fine job this year, (I didn't think so until I watched the film). Consider this:

- Offense started out with a bang, then struggled. However, after watching the film, 3 penalties (negating about 60 yards of offense), 4? fumbles, and 2 INT's will make any offense look bad (many penalties on 1st down).

- Statistics (note> I count a sack, scramble, etc. as a pass play call):

-Rushing: Halls=133/26 carries (5.1 yds per), Catholic=73/30 carries (2.4 yds per)

-Passing: Halls= /12 ( per call), Catholic= 71/16 (4.4 per call)

- Total: Halls= 111/38 for 2.9 per play, Catholic= 144/46 fpr 3.1 per play

- 1st downs: Halls= 7, Catholic = 5

Also consider this:

- Catholic got it's 2 TDS on their 11th and 12th series, and almost 70 total yards on those last two series (60 on 2 passes).

- I owe Coach Williams an apology, he called a good scrimmage. 4 or 5 penalties(many on first down), and 6 or 7 turnovers altered the outcome of many good palys, Also, many backs and line combinations were looked at throughout the scrimmage. Some times these subs were the ones who missed blocks.

Many players are banged up, but we have a week to heal (3 outings next week will be tough). Coaches will keep working the players hard, and hopefully they will continue to improve. This team may not have scratched the surface of it's potential. Let's hope we can get some consistency (W.O mistakes). Nice step forward tonight.

Wanted to see more of this one. Started later than I thought. Only caught first hour. Typical Julian team. Physical. They will be fine this year. I would agree after having seen the Mville/OR scrimmage that Halls will give them a good game. West lost a lot, but Cummings will have a better than average running game. Mistakes cost Halls, but they did seem to be in good shape, so they were not physical errors, but more mental. Still thought Halls would have put more on Catholic. Read in Murphy Fair that they only have five starters returning, and from the posts above sounds like two of those in Vann, and Coulter were out. Still, it was progress.

ruse?

Ironman80,

You give the credit to Coach Williams and I agree some of the credit goes to him, but what about crediting the kids with there improved performance. Now lets don't get to carried away...how would Catholic do vs. DB?

Last thing, did you say you watched the film last night after the scrimmage? You must be one of the coaches then, cause I dont think they allow parents or fans to watch the film with them.

LSMFT - not a real coach, I just play one on TV. I like sitting up in the bleachers and second guess all the calls that don't work (It's easier to do after the fact).

- I saw the offensive part of practice and thought it was by far the best of the year.Work on the running game appeared to show dividends.

- Saw #10 (Gresham) out with a cast on his hand. Heard he is out 2-4 weeks min., maybe all year (if surgery is needed).

- Let's hope the injury bug is over - Zabouski, Babcock, Pixley, now Gresham. All 4 of these would have started and/or played alot.