Knox Halls Starters

Yes, I meant Tyler Turner. When he starts to click, I think the rest of the offense will follow.

Gresham was looking GREAT in practices, on both sides of the ball.

He and Chad Bright are both fast and sure-handed.

Even with a cast, Gresham should prove to be solid at Corner.

This week should tell us all we need to know.

These young men have worked hard. I think it will pay off.

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some general info.:

- Bad news, Gresham has TWO broken bones in his thumb (one is a complete break). Heard the doctor report was not good today(bone has not healed ANY since the cast).

- Also heard that he talked the doctor into waiting another week before surgery, just to see if there is any hope of him getting to play. Doesn't sound good.

- Has any one else noticed that he (Gresham) has been the only starter to score for us this year in scrimmages? I know we keep saying others are going to step up, but my question is when?

Questions about the scrimmage on Tuesday:

- Will our offense score any points?

- Will we have more positive yardage plays than negative?

- Can we sustain long drives, or will we depend on the big play?

- Our defense looked great against a running team(Catholic), how do you think we will do against a passing team?

- I think coach Williams improved from the DB scrimmage to the Catholic scrimmage alot. Let's support him and give him time - the hardest part of a OC's job is to learning to be patient, and that only comes with time. I think he will do fine , he just needs to simplify things a little.

- Good news - against Catholic we had 11 runs of 8 yards or more, plus another 2 or 3 that got called back. Not counting FB dives (19 yards on 9 tries) we had 124 yards on 15 carries (8.3 yard avg).

- Let me say that AGAIN -(O'laughlin, Gibson, and Waggoner) averaged 8.3 yards per carry on the 15 plays they were used(in 11 series)!! I don't care who ya are, that's pretty good!!

That has to be our strength on offense Ironman. Offensive line play and the good depth at running back.

If there is a bright spot for Garrett it has to be he is just a junior and he has his senior year to look forward too. It's the senior injuries that works on me it's such a big dissapointment to the player and family involved.

Still like someone noted earlier as much as we pass which isn't very much. Waggoner could split wide and we still have Johnson and Bright.

Defense looking better and a solid ground game we should still be playoff bound and give them Rebs all they want.

SwingingGate29 -

- What scrimmage did you watch?? CAK scored their 2nd TD on an interception thrown by our 2nd string QB to our 4th string Wideout. Also, your next TD came with many 2nd and 3rd team defensive players on the field.

- After 5 series, it was 21-21. Both teams had subbed (thus a scrimmage) to see what they had. True starters was 7-7, then Halls brought many backups in. CAK may have had all their starters in, but Halls did not.

- I thought when #10(Fromke) was throwing to #7(Moren) on the 4th and 5th series that was still some starters. Maybe you could feel me in on when they lost their starting jobs?

well i'm just going to go out on a limb here and say that junior did pretty darn well and yes it was 21/7 when starters where pulled

i'm not sure if these are right but its pretty cloase

1st score: halls: ran down the middle of cak's defense in a long drive for a touchdown

2nd score: cak: long ball to moran from fromke

3rd score: cak: intercepted a pass that was bobbled and marcus ran it to the house

4th score: cak: long drive capped by a touchdown pass caught by blake

starters pulled after that touchdown when cak pulled there starters it was 21-7

overall thoughts halls offense looked good i think the uptempo and only playing one sided players for cak helped and i don't want to say halls was taken to the woodshed but cak looked superior when the starters were in and you can correct me if i'm wrong but i'm pretty sure halls defensive starters where left in when cak put there 2nd string in

Pirateman, where do you get your info??

- Starters/Varsity = 21-21 (one TD for CAK was an 80 yard INT)

- Final Halls 49 to CAK 21

Taken out to the woodshed? I don't think so.

Halls was not taken out to the woodshed. But if you are Halls you must be concerned. The varsity 1 vs 1 was indeed CAK 21 Halls 7 (yes 1 TD was an interception return, but I believe the TSSAA still recognizes that as a legitimate score). It may have been from the#2 QB, I don't know ,but the vast majority of the Halls players were the 1's. In fact, coach J declined to put in his #2's when CAK inserted theirs because he was so upset with the way the 1's were playing. Of course then Halls scored some points. But the CAK offensive and defensive #1's never saw the field after the score became 21-7 and both teams exchanged punts.

Hall's opening drive was nice. Good hard nosed football. Punched in a TD on a 10+ play drive. On defense the pass defense was not very good. Would have been interesting to see a full game played to see if Halls would have worn CAK down (giving up about 40 lbs a man in the line) or if CAK would have continued to carve up the defense with passes. Who knows? Good game for Hall's to learn about pass defense, good confidence builder for CAK to be able to be competitive with much bigger and stronger team. Good luck to both teams this season.