Last Message Read Icon

GovMan

Coach,

For the past several days (maybe weeks?) when I go to a thread and click on the go to last message read icon, it doesn't work. It takes me the the last message I read several days (maybe weeks?) ago, and then I have to work my way to the current messages. Any idea what might be causing this? Have I inadvertantly changed some setting?

Now I'm gonna get confusing. I noticed after I wrote the above post that the page was telling my my last visit had been July 17 ... although I had been on the site since then on my computer at home ... I'm on my computer at the office now.

I signed off and signed back on and now I don't have any "last message read" icons at all next to any messages. It may be that I'm signing on on two different computers and reading the most recent posts on one but then going to another which I haven't been on in a day or two. Make any sense at all coach?

For starters, chcek the Options link at the top right and see if it is set to Standard.

Your last visit would be recorded by a cookie which would only be on the computer you are using, not on the site.

When I click Last Message it always goes to the last message I read in that thread, not to the last post.

I'll ask iamoz about this, too.

Guest iamoz

For performance reasons, read topic information is stored in cookies in your browser. When you switch browsers (or computers) your read posts won't follow you around from home to work and back.

To be quite honest, I've never clicked that last message read icon before. I always click "Last post by" on the right hand side to get to the most recent posts in a topic.

The last visit date is the most recent time you logged in at the moment that you last logged in.