Ooltewah- Trinity

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did the pitcher from Ooltawah- Thomas- qualify her team this weekend for the 18U Gold nationals? How about Renroe from Trinity on the southern force did they qualify this weekend? Anybody know? I think this was the last chance.

I forgot to ask about Katie Ayers- Ryan and Devon Smidt -Goodpasture on the 18U Xplosion and Kenzie Roark- Mt Juliet / Ryley mashburn - Ryan and Pruitt- Ravenwood on the Cruisers 18U gold. Did these girls qualify their teams this weekend?

I forgot to ask about Katie Ayers- Ryan and Devon Smidt -Goodpasture on the 18U Xplosion and Kenzie Roark- Mt Juliet / Ryley mashburn - Ryan and Pruitt- Ravenwood on the Cruisers 18U gold. Did these girls qualify their teams this weekend?

Southern Force - No (Chatt. was Regional Qual. - They finished two weeks ago in OKC)

Xplosion - No

Cruisers - No

Edge - No

Fury - Maybe (Probably got their berth, they were 1 of 3 teams left with 2 getting a berth)

Fury did not make it either.

With only 12 or so teams in the tournament , and the top 3 or 4 GA teams already having a berth from a previous qualifier, I cant believe not one of four Tennessee teams made the grade with two berths being given out. That stinks for Tennessee. Maybe the 16U Nighthawks, 16U Fury or another Tennessee team will be good enough to make the cut at the gold level next year. Tough division. Big change from high school ball and the 18UA and 16U level.

With only 12 or so teams in the tournament , and the top 3 or 4 GA teams already having a berth from a previous qualifier, I cant believe not one of four Tennessee teams made the grade with two berths being given out. That stinks for Tennessee. Maybe the 16U Nighthawks, 16U Fury or another Tennessee team will be good enough to make the cut at the gold level next year. Tough division. Big change from high school ball and the 18UA and 16U level.

There is no 16u Nighthawks...they went 18 Gold this year. Stinnet from Forrest and Thomas from Huntingdon were their pitchers and they also did not qualify. Not sure if Ellen Renfroe's 16u Southern Force qualified, but I think they did. 14u Nashville Cruisers, Knoxville Thunder and Frost Falcons '94 all qualified in their division.

There is no 16u Nighthawks...they went 18 Gold this year. Stinnet from Forrest and Thomas from Huntingdon were their pitchers and they also did not qualify. Not sure if Ellen Renfroe's 16u Southern Force qualified, but I think they did. 14u Nashville Cruisers, Knoxville Thunder and Frost Falcons '94 all qualified in their division.

Southern Force had an automatic berth due to their finish last year.................

Southern Force had an automatic berth due to their finish last year.................

That would be the 16U Southern Force had an automatic berth, there are no automatic berths for 18U Gold anymore and the 18U Southern Force would not have qualified for it anyway. I wish they would change the high school pitching distance to 43' so our girls could perform better at the 18U level when they are being recruited. What is the hold up with this ruling?

That would be the 16U Southern Force had an automatic berth, there are no automatic berths for 18U Gold anymore and the 18U Southern Force would not have qualified for it anyway. I wish they would change the high school pitching distance to 43' so our girls could perform better at the 18U level when they are being recruited. What is the hold up with this ruling?

The post was referring to the 16U Southern Force..............

I agree with changing to 43', but unless your daughter is a pitcher, it really is not a big deal (hitting).

The post was referring to the 16U Southern Force..............

I agree with changing to 43', but unless your daughter is a pitcher, it really is not a big deal (hitting).

Beg to differ on that one. At 43' pitchers, good ones anyway , learn to really move the ball in the last 3 feet. Movement at 43 is a lot easier than at 40. The ball may be hit ( or shall I say contacted) more often at 43' BUT solid contact or a good hit is harder to achieve. Many good hitters in high school ball cannot make the transition to become good hitters at 43 because they have not learned how to read last minute movement.

Beg to differ on that one. At 43' pitchers, good ones anyway , learn to really move the ball in the last 3 feet. Movement at 43 is a lot easier than at 40. The ball may be hit ( or shall I say contacted) more often at 43' BUT solid contact or a good hit is harder to achieve. Many good hitters in high school ball cannot make the transition to become good hitters at 43 because they have not learned how to read last minute movement.

We can agree to disagree, my experience is that the girls hit better from 43'. Good hitters can adjust to the movement (i.e. adjust in the batters box). If a girl moves to the front of the box she can almost negate the extra 3' of movement. The 43' vs. 40' we experienced this year showed an average of about a .070 higher team batting average.

The only thing I was referring to in my earlier post was that the hitters will be able to adjust better than the pitchers. Again, I agree with changing it. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />