New A-11 OFFENSE

delayofgame

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

as long as the person recieving the snap is 7 yards deep then the line can wear any #. i.e punt formations.

Amen. We run the A-11 in Woundsocket NC last year in 1/2 A football and it worked quite well. We did however add the sidesaddle center, two QB's both capable of recieving the snap, and also all of our players wore number 00. Screwed'em up real good............we won 3 games and I'm gonna write a book about it...........then become a wrestling promoter/stagecoach driver/backup singer for Elvis.

I asked a couple of a college coaches to look at this offense and to give me an opinion. They indicated that it might work for a few Class A Schools or some weaker programs who need a gimmic in order to compete. Bringing to mind formations such as the swinging gate (bridge) or the "pole cat" Would it work on every offensive set?

I asked a couple of a college coaches to look at this offense and to give me an opinion. They indicated that it might work for a few Class A Schools or some weaker programs who need a gimmic in order to compete. Bringing to mind formations such as the swinging gate (bridge) or the "pole cat" Would it work on every offensive set?

I agree with you (and your coaching buddies) with the following exceptions

I haven't read the entire thread, I apologize for that, but it would seem that this could work if you are already running a Spread Offense. If you used it strictly as a gimmick. I cannot see being successful week in and week out with this as your only offense.

OR

If you never showed it during the season, and came out with it in week 7, woooohoooooooo....yes, you can have some success with it that way also. But it would be limited. And you better have something else for it in week 8.

Disclaimer: your QB better be a gunslinger, and you better have at LEAST 4 burners with great hands.

I agree with you (and your coaching buddies) with the following exceptions

I haven't read the entire thread, I apologize for that, but it would seem that this could work if you are already running a Spread Offense. If you used it strictly as a gimmick. I cannot see being successful week in and week out with this as your only offense.

OR

If you never showed it during the season, and came out with it in week 7, woooohoooooooo....yes, you can have some success with it that way also. But it would be limited. And you better have something else for it in week 8.

Disclaimer: your QB better be a gunslinger, and you better have at LEAST 4 burners with great hands.

this a 11 is bad i love it

Seems to me this would only work if you came out in it as a formation for the series, and then probably one or two games. Just doesn't seem like there is any way that this would work long term. Nice tweak, nice wrinkle, no way in the world I'd waste the time installing it unless I had zero other options.

I do agree with ELA (for the first time ever on this board), if this became popular at all I can see that loophold being shut quickly.

I have looked at this in great detail and I think it could be used by some schools as an "extra" wrinkle to a spread offense team but I would not recommend it as the only offensive scheme.

The problem is "practice time." Every time you add some gimmick formation you eat up your practice time. Of course, you eat up your opponents practice time too.

Who knows, maybe I'll send my punt team out in this formation one Friday night? Probably not, but at least now someone, somewhere has to think about it. /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />