More Fuel for BA Haters

feverpitch

Gee, swats, you got me. The only football I've ever played is powder-puff. I'm a chick. If that's the best you can do, then you need to move to another sandbox, sonny. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hopefully some common sense prevails in this one. Most of this stuff happened before any of these kids started school period (kindergarten, maybe) and to penalize them wouldn't be fair or right. Have BA pay the fine that was assessed and move on.

I agree completely.

Hopefully some common sense prevails in this one. Most of this stuff happened before any of these kids started school period (kindergarten, maybe) and to penalize them wouldn't be fair or right. Have BA pay the fine that was assessed and move on.

That seems imminently reasonable to me.

This also sounds reasonable to me, but will TSSAA do that after all of these years? I believe they would enforce the penalty to prove a point or punish them for putting the TSSAA through all of that.

This also sounds reasonable to me, but will TSSAA do that after all of these years? I believe they would enforce the penalty to prove a point or punish them for putting the TSSAA through all of that.

It might be worth noting that BA didn't actually put the TSSAA through "all that". BA initially sued and won, but the TSSAA continued to appeal to a higher court. The case reached the Supreme Court once before, and again BA prevailed, and the case was sent back to lower courts before reaching it's final conclusion earlier this year.

The entire case is ridiculous, but I applaud BA for sticking to its principles and not caving in. The BA supporters still do not believe that their actions were wrong or in violation of TSSAA rules, and the school feels they were being treated unfairly and with a double standard. Sending letters to students (who had signed enrollment contracts, paid a non refundable deposit) informing them about Spring practice was the infraction. Wow, seems pretty silly to me, especially in light of the fact that it is permissible for those students to participate in Spring practice per the TSSAA! BA's mistake per the TSSAA was having C. Flatt mail a letter, which the school thought was certainly within their rights.

It comes down to interpretation, and both sides see it their way. BA should not be characterized as the bad guy in this case...the TSSAA drug it on, and is fortunate to have won. They won the war, but only the final battle, which is the one that counts!

It might be worth noting that BA didn't actually put the TSSAA through "all that". BA initially sued and won, but the TSSAA continued to appeal to a higher court. The case reached the Supreme Court once before, and again BA prevailed, and the case was sent back to lower courts before reaching it's final conclusion earlier this year.

The entire case is ridiculous, but I applaud BA for sticking to its principles and not caving in. The BA supporters still do not believe that their actions were wrong or in violation of TSSAA rules, and the school feels they were being treated unfairly and with a double standard. Sending letters to students (who had signed enrollment contracts, paid a non refundable deposit) informing them about Spring practice was the infraction. Wow, seems pretty silly to me, especially in light of the fact that it is permissible for those students to participate in Spring practice per the TSSAA! BA's mistake per the TSSAA was having C. Flatt mail a letter, which the school thought was certainly within their rights.

It comes down to interpretation, and both sides see it their way. BA should not be characterized as the bad guy in this case...the TSSAA drug it on, and is fortunate to have won. They won the war, but only the final battle, which is the one that counts!

To be fair and accurate, I don't think your characterization of the TSSAA being the sole entity that "drug it on". Each party appealed at various times...not just TSSAA.

http://www.brentwoodacademy.com/uploaded/p...uittimeline.pdf

I couldn't agree more about the initial petty-to-the-point-of-non-existent nature of the initial "violation", and the TSSAA's harsh and unjust penalty decision.