What TSSAA rule do you think should be changed?

VolunteerGeneral

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Any football rules you`d like to see changed? Personally my fav is the rule that you can`t return any kick that reaches the end zone. I`m not too happy about the "mercy rule" either.

ive never been a advocate of extending the ball across a 1st down or endzone lines..most clearly result in fumbles.. the ball is suppose to be placed where player mid-section of ball-carrier is...Not !! /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=" where the ball is.. mercy rule and no return on kick-offs into endzones are to cut down on injuries..

First of all the T$$AA does not set the kick return rules do they? I think the NFHS sets those rules so they are the same for every state association across the nation.

The one I think that should be changed is the summer dead period. Since we now have a mandatory 3 week dead period after your season have been completed, why not have a dead period after your school has ended in May/June. By doing this you wont have a dead period during the middle of the summer.

I do not like the "Z" plan...I think we need to go back to three classifications for public schools. I could live with four. But six is way to many. I know it is just for the playoffs. But six state champs, seems to be watering it down a little. I don't care what they do with private schools.

I do not like the "Z" plan...I think we need to go back to three classifications for public schools. I could live with four. But six is way to many. I know it is just for the playoffs. But six state champs, seems to be watering it down a little. I don't care what they do with private schools.

/thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> 3-4 classifications max.

mercy rule and no return on kick-offs into endzones are to cut down on injuries

I would definitely vote to change the touchback on kickoff rule. How does that help on preventing injuries? Whats the difference in returning one from the 1 yard line or the endzone?(please, no "1 yard" cute answers, ha) I believe we should eliminate all unnecessary rules to help the officials focus. I witnessed a game where the kickoff team pulled up because the ball was caught about a foot inside the endzone but the official didn't call it dead (not in proper postion to make his call). The kid was tackled by the kicker at around mid-field, but those kind of things happen with silly rules like this.

mercy rule and no return on kick-offs into endzones are to cut down on injuries

I would definitely vote to change the touchback on kickoff rule. How does that help on preventing injuries? Whats the difference in returning one from the 1 yard line or the endzone?(please, no "1 yard" cute answers, ha) I believe we should eliminate all unnecessary rules to help the officials focus. I witnessed a game where the kickoff team pulled up because the ball was caught about a foot inside the endzone but the official didn't call it dead (not in proper postion to make his call). The kid was tackled by the kicker at around mid-field, but those kind of things happen with silly rules like this.