chasanooga

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.knoxnews.com/news/2008/aug/2 ... cer-title/

Good start so far...........hopefully will continue throughout the season

Nice article on Knoxville area teams.

BigG, there were a few words I didn't like to see about CAK - experience, depth, speed. I'd much rather see "Young", smallest bench, and "slow". Oh well....

Nice article on Knoxville area teams.

BigG, there were a few words I didn't like to see about CAK - experience, depth, speed. I'd much rather see "Young", smallest bench, and "slow". Oh well....

I am telling you Don, they are LOADED this season. With the talent they have from last year, and the strongest freshmen class they have ever had, I will be astounded if they don't go far. They just need to keep focused and unified, and they will do some wonderful things. This team is better than the one that won state 3 year ago. While they don't have Laura Novikoff, they have such overall strength and depth, and have Brittany and her sister Paige to hammer in those goals (although BOTH of them get RULED in a game of crossbar by their old middle school coach!)

Now Big G, remember if it looks, smells, and talks like bait don't bite

I'll take the bait for Big G. Should be close if both teams play to form. What is impressive about CAK and bodes well for them against the BDogs is their defense. Bearden's attackers (Porter, Turner, etc) hammer and hammer, but the CAK defense is well organized and experienced. On the other hand, CAK has the weapons to score goals. Of course Bearden is not exactly chopped liver in the middle and the back. Should be a fun game. Converting this all to a bottome line, I'd say Bearden 2, CAK 1.

Now Big G, remember if it looks, smells, and talks like bait don't bite

Ha ha! Well, I won't bite, but I might nibble!

When CAK played Bearden earlier this year and "won", Bearden didn't play their varsity squad, so CAK's "victory" doesn't hold a lot of water, and the girls know that. I don't put a whole lot into those jamborees in general anyway, so the next game will be the true test.

I will say that I haven't seen Bearden play this year, so it is hard to judge, but I know that Coach Turner will have them rockin. In the past, Bearden has beaten CAK (and sometimes pretty badly) so CAK will be ready for a serious game. The one advantage that CAK will have this year, that they haven't had in the past is depth. Bearden usually fields 30+ girls, while CAK plays many less than that. This year it is different. Will it be enough, I don't know.

IF (and I emphasize IF) CAK is going to beat Bearden, this is the year to do it. Will it happen... who knows... anything can happen. This is why we all love and hate this game at the same time. I do give credit to CAK for not shying away from the strong opponents. It will pay off. Coach Pifer works them hard, and will have them ready. This will be a good true test. I think it is good that both teams will be fresh (since it is their first game of the tournament). You know who I am pulling for, and I hope to make the match. If not, I will get constant updates and try to post.