• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Scores from the Jamboree according to TriCitiesSports.com

Volunteer 0, Daniel Boone 0

Greeneville 13, Morristown East 7

Jeff County 6, Cherokee 0

Morristown West 14, Cocke County 0

David Crockett 0, Morristown West 0

The article said the top three teams for the year should be Greenville, West and East. It also said Crockett was the most impressive of the night.

Scores from the Jamboree according to TriCitiesSports.com

Volunteer 0, Daniel Boone 0

Greeneville 13, Morristown East 7

Jeff County 6, Cherokee 0

Morristown West 14, Cocke County 0

David Crockett 0, Morristown West 0

The article said the top three teams for the year should be Greenville, West and East. It also said Crockett was the most impressive of the night.

Impressive enough to score 0 points

Impressive enough to score 0 points

I didn't write it just quoted it. I thought it was odd that they would say Crockett was most impressive, but then list Greeneville, West and East as the favorites for the season. The reporter was based out of Tri-Cities and probably simply writing to his readership.

I didn't write it just quoted it. I thought it was odd that they would say Crockett was most impressive, but then list Greeneville, West and East as the favorites for the season. The reporter was based out of Tri-Cities and probably simply writing to his readership.

Crockett is much improved, but West was very passive by the time Crockett took the field. Of course West played the two weakest teams in the conference. By no way was Crockett the most impressive!

That is impressive for Crockett compared to last year. We took a 21-0 beat down in the Jamboree.

That is true too. I really believe you will be in the fight for the 4th spot. The 5 Rivers over the last 3 years has strongly developed with improved facilities, coaches and better ball players across the board.

Learn who to quote then....."Greeneville was the most impressive, beating preseason conference favorite Morristown East on its own field, 13-7 in an offensive show. Morristown West also looked like its old self, wearing out Cocke County, 14-0. But after than, David Crockett might have been the team to impress the most."

of course "than" should either be "that" or "them"...who knows with bliss and his typos

good point OSU. I watched the young man intently last night. Has all the skills but not sure about the fire.

There are 2 theories about great players on D. 1) run from them. I think Mr. Knight is very impressive when you run the ball from him. He is good at chase, rundown and tackle. 2) Run at them. If they stuff you, run from them and if they don't play off the straight ahead blocks, keep coming at the player. GHS chose 2 and showed some achilles heel with Mr. Knight.

Having said that, he will play at the next level and I would love to have the guy on my team.