Maryville Vs. Halls

RebelRant101

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Halls will be pumped but emotions could work against them, something goes wrong and they may end up in the emotional valley. Super OL should help Halls control the ball and the clock, but no established big play maker and limited passing ability forces Halls to have long sustained drives to score, which increases possibilites for penalties or turnovers to stop themselves. Maryville doesn't seem to have the offensive firepower they are accustom to having either, defense is going to be their strength, at least early on in the season. Field position from turnovers or special teams could be big factors in shortening the field for both teams. May even come down to who has the better kicker, yikes!! In a game this close on paper, I have to go with 5 straight state championships and the experience the coaches and players have had against top level competition. Maryville in a close one.

I think Halls will have a great season and will give Maryville a tough game. I think Halls has a Tremendous O-line and can push around Maryville's D-line, but I havent seen a playmaker yet. If they can find somebody to make big play in big situations then they have a chance to beat Maryville. Maryville also has to get the ball to a playmaker. In the past few years Maryville has had great playmakers. Last year Aaron Douglas made alot of great plays.The year before Tyler Maples could not be stopped. This year Thomas Shular and Cris Jordan are gonna have to make plays.Maryville will have a strong defense as always.I think if they want to win state then there gonna have to find a QB step up and lead the offense.I'm gonna have to pick Maryville For 3 reasons.

1.GQ

2.Big plays

3.the desire to win

Maryville 31

Halls 21 Good luck to both teams!!!

This is Going to be a Maryville team that uses the run game to open up the passing game. I believe after the game is played Friday night there is going to be more than 1 Maryville player that has steped up his game. Balance for GQ = offense. Halls and Maryville leaves everything on the filed. Maryville wins in the 4th qtr by 10.

This won't be the last time they see each other this year.