chearleading

MJHS6009

vanburen its ok no will question your guy hood if you say it is a sport. lol. /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" />

I coach an allstar co-ed cheer squad and have football & basketball players that stunt. These guys are the best for this because they are use to the workouts and dedication that co-ed cheerleading requires. But if you want to know if it is hard and a work out ask one of my guys a month before nationals after they have practiced 6-8 hours a week not throwing balls or shooting hoops but lifting girls over thier heads for two hours of practice. They only have one shot to get it right and don't have quarters or halfs to correct the score. Bet you wouldn't last a week, want to put your body where your mouth is... I always have a spot for a new All-Star... /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

PS - Cheerleaders is kind of old school we call them All-Stars.....

question my guy hood. maybe you need to think before you write and read what i wrote i was defending those girls saying it was a sport. i know cheerleading is a hard SPORT. they work just as hard as any other SPORT there is. and for you being a cheerleading coach congrats what do you want a cookie.

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

vanburen its ok no will question your guy hood if you say it is a sport. lol. /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" />

I coach an allstar co-ed cheer squad and have football & basketball players that stunt. These guys are the best for this because they are use to the workouts and dedication that co-ed cheerleading requires. But if you want to know if it is hard and a work out ask one of my guys a month before nationals after they have practiced 6-8 hours a week not throwing balls or shooting hoops but lifting girls over thier heads for two hours of practice. They only have one shot to get it right and don't have quarters or halfs to correct the score. Bet you wouldn't last a week, want to put your body where your mouth is... I always have a spot for a new All-Star... /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

PS - Cheerleaders is kind of old school we call them All-Stars.....

is any of their name's clay aiken?

is YAI an all girls school lol

no i am pretty positive that YAI is not an all girl school and i have watched a few of their games and and i would have to agree that it is a sport cause their cheerleaders are really good and i asked a few people about them and they practice year round and cheer for both football and basketball and i think its pretty good if while your cheerleaders are cheering that the opposite teams cheerleaders will stop and watch their every move in the middle of a cheer or dance i think that qualifies you as great in all honesty

Cheerleading is a sport! I started out playing basketball when I was younger, but then switched to being a mascot in high school. This was the best move I have ever made. I got a full ride to the University of TN to be Smokey for the Lady Vols. I had a blast! The workouts are alot harder in cheerleading than they ever were in basketball. We had workouts and practice almost everyday of the week, unless we were cheering at a ballgame or event. The weeks before nationals are the most intense practices you could ever imagine. There is so much pressure to stick a peformance. I started competing when I was in high school. It takes a special kind of person to hit the routines that mascots and cheerleaders have to perform. Another poster stated that alot of male cheerleaders played other sports when they were in high school. I can't speak for every college, but at UT that is exactly how it was. Most of them had been football or basketball players before deciding to become cheerleaders. Being a male cheerleader does not make them any less of a man. Most of them would tell you they would rather be around beautiful women as to be around sweaty men. A male cheerleader has a horrible stereotype of them always being homosexual. This is not always true. There are homosexuals in every sport....including some of the most masculine (football, basketball, baseball). So guys that are homophobic watchout the next time you are in a locker room with your teammates. And don't criticize a sport until you have actually been apart of that sport. Cheerleading is a SPORT!

Go Dawgs......Sick'em!

question my guy hood. maybe you need to think before you write and read what i wrote i was defending those girls saying it was a sport. i know cheerleading is a hard SPORT. they work just as hard as any other SPORT there is. and for you being a cheerleading coach congrats what do you want a cookie.

I am sorry I thought you were being sarcastic... No a cookie will not be needed... Thank you for giving cheerleading kudos.

Ok, were to start?

Cheerleading is a hard sport. I've done this sinse 3rd grade and it gets you in shape. You life people repeadly, you touble constantly and have to use all of your enegry in a 2 and a half minute routine. Sharks has done me well. The girls and i at the gym go at least 4 times a week, sometimes even 5 if a compatition comes up. its hard hard hard work. probaly more then you know. If you say its not a sport i would like to watch you risk your limbs and go try and throw a full which takes months of practice to get even perfect. ive just recently got mine, its extremly hard and longg hours of work to get. you want to risk throwing a person in the air with our proper technique? your break something with out a doubt. its hard enough holding a stunt for 3 8 counts lifing her up and down up and down even if your flyer is light. and flexabilty is hard to get. so go threw practices and you find out it is a sport!

(sorry for mis-spellingsss);]

• 3 weeks later...

well idk if anyone has saw Central's cheerleading squad..but they've got two girls that are just amazing at everything. Cassie Bivens and Lindsey Rule. These girls are incredible at everything they do. idk how they are so flexible and do all those stunts. it blows my mind. they've got to be the best cheerleaders in TN and most beautiful,along with the greatest cheerleading sqaud. Go Big Blue!