Greenbrier Volleyball

KillJoy

What do you expect? Greenbrier pushes Kayla Arnold and nobody else. She gets all of the sets, and the offense is run to make her a star. Who has Greenbrier beat this year? Anyone that they shouldn't beat. Smith from Page is twice the player that Arnold is and she is only a junior.

Greenbrier fans on this board (That is you Mr. Arnold) openly talk that Greenbrier better win it all this year because when Kayla is gone Greenbriers run is over. Why act surprised that only certain girls get recognized? How many sets does she get, 2/3's. Then if she miss hits a ball what does the coach say, give her a better set?

Page and Greenbrier play first round of the tournament. Page wins because Smith is better than Arnold, and that is not going to be an upset.

First I dont have a cat or dog in the race. But I have watched Greenbrier over the last four years. And its true Kayla gets a lot of sets. But if you have watched very many games you will see she does not always have to hit .At the districts I saw do whatever she had to for the team to win. And if you had watched much you would know that NIVA and some others on the team can also kill the ball. So dont think for one minute this is a one hit wonder team. Just go see a real team play volleyball. And dont be surprised that they are a complete team ,the little setter doesnt let the pressure get to her.And they are really nice girls .

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You're very observant. And, as you must know, if you know me, I'm not very 'PC.' To me, wrong is wrong. And, right is right.

I'm just saying she deserved to be on the team. Doesn't mean somebody had to be taken off, does it? And I didn't even know there was a 'committee' and still don't know who the 'big haired lady' is, for sure. Don't really care. But, since you know who I am, you and whoever let me know tonight and I'd love to have it explained. As you said, I didn't have a 'dawg' in the fight. The twins always play good. Sometimes, their worst is somebody elses best. However, I do support the team and think #32 stood above the rest that night. I take it you don't or you wouldn't be coming to the defense of the 'committee?'

HA! I find it extremely comical that so much emphasis is being put upon either of the Arnold twins. I remember hearing about them quitting their Impact team mid season for not receiving enough play time. As far as I am concerned, a player with the ability that you are claiming them to posses would with out a doubt outshine any of the players regardless of which team they were on. This clearly did not happen in that situation. You also placed them on a team stating that they were two of the best in the state with players such as Madelyn Hutson, and the setter from Huntsville (obviously not from the state).......that had me laughing for days. If they had that much skill, they clearly wouldn't have had problems with play time on a travel team.

I am not stating that they are not good players; I will give them that, but the accolades that they are given via this message board have gone beyond anything that they deserve. I think they do fine in their division, but anything higher than that is out of their reach. Greenbrier can preach to have the best team in the state, but any team in a higher division takes the games that they play against them as a joke.

This is by no means a stab at the Arnold twins, they are respectable players. This is just me stating that they do not deserve all of the praise they receive on this website. There are other players who deserve just as much, if not more, but are over-looked.

I whole heartedly agree with the poster who said that Smith is better than Arnold, she is the best player in the state by far. If her team could only keep up with her they would be unstoppable.

Good Luck to Page in your games this week, I am pulling for another state run like the many from a few years back.

That is all.

HA! I find it extremely comical that so much emphasis is being put upon either of the Arnold twins. I remember hearing about them quitting their Impact team mid season for not receiving enough play time. As far as I am concerned, a player with the ability that you are claiming them to posses would with out a doubt outshine any of the players regardless of which team they were on. This clearly did not happen in that situation. You also placed them on a team stating that they were two of the best in the state with players such as Madelyn Hutson, and the setter from Huntsville (obviously not from the state).......that had me laughing for days. If they had that much skill, they clearly wouldn't have had problems with play time on a travel team.

I am not stating that they are not good players; I will give them that, but the accolades that they are given via this message board have gone beyond anything that they deserve. I think they do fine in their division, but anything higher than that is out of their reach. Greenbrier can preach to have the best team in the state, but any team in a higher division takes the games that they play against them as a joke.

This is by no means a stab at the Arnold twins, they are respectable players. This is just me stating that they do not deserve all of the praise they receive on this website. There are other players who deserve just as much, if not more, but are over-looked.

I whole heartedly agree with the poster who said that Smith is better than Arnold, she is the best player in the state by far. If her team could only keep up with her they would be unstoppable.

Good Luck to Page in your games this week, I am pulling for another state run like the many from a few years back.

That is all.

BUT, this is the same message board where a poster a few weeks back stated that Page hired Smith's Mom to be a coach because they were threatening to pull her out of school to go to another school and play VB otherwise. Where were you then & what do you have to say about that?

I'm amazed at the number of first-time CoachT posters. Talk about gossip! "Hey, did you see what so-and-so said about so-and-so." This is HIlarious! Kayla is a teenager and you don't mind writing her name. The 'former assistant coach' is certainly an adult, but you real bold newbies are probably scared of her and won't mention hers, even though you don't mind defending her. It's as if she's a god or something. Like somebody said earlier, y'all need to grow some volleyballs. Or maybe y'all would like to speak to her real Dad...face-to-face (sorry, I'm just her play-daddy /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" /> ). He's not a trouble-maker, but I promise you, he ain't skeered either and he's got lots of good - and big - buddies that care about him and his family!

Here's the facts: The twins won't be making a living playing this or any other sport. None of these girls will. They play because they love it, they love their teammates and, come on, now, who doesn't want to be recognized and receive awards...just those of you that think our girls shouldn't? Yeah, right! I say only losers don't like to win games and awards. Anyway, those of us that know these girls and this team better than most, will be OK...even if we lose a game or two. Sure, we want to win and these girls are gonna give it their best shot ('cause that's what winners do), but whether we end up 45 and 8 or 40 and 11 at the end of this week, we'll still be better off than the naysayers. You know why? 'Cause we really do love each other, we got guts and we got a clue. It ain't all about the sport of volleyball in Tennessee. There's much more important stuff going on in this mean old world. To me, just being healthy and blessed to play such a great sport at this level is what it's all about...and for me to be able to see and experience a part of it. Have fun ladies, coaches, parents and real fans!

Now that is all. See ya at State!

Go Lady Cats!

As a fan of all sports of Greenbrier High school, I am a little amazed that this thread is going on amongst Lady Cat posters in the week before state tournaments. The girls of ANY school do not NEED grown people pointing fingers and calling out girls names, downing their wins, or adding insult to injury over who won. Let the girls play volleyball and let the coaches coach. A parents place is to SUPPORT their girls in wins or losses, but not at the cost of tearing down someone elses daughters.

Greenbrier won the State Championship last year, and yes I think they're great, but let the girls play this week without all this drama. These games will be the LAST games Seniors from every school play in high school. Why make this week more stressful than it already is because of parents that run their mouths?

To all the girls of all the schools.....just play volleyball and savor the playoffs! High school memories should be some of your best!

I'm in total agreement with YOU. I only have a son left in school that doesn't play sports, but this post fires me up because these individual girls do NOT need to have their names used in an argument between what should be ADULTS. Would YOU listen to your child be slammed like this? You bet your sweet tooth that I wouldn't!

If you want to disagree on which TEAM is better then do it without singling out particular players. These are KIDS, people. Let the girls play without the parents wearing chips on their shoulders. /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

I think that people sometime forget that there is no "I" in the word TEAM. Players are nothing if it were not for the rest of the team. This board is not to bash these teenagers. They love what they are doing on the court regardless if they play at the next level, which in most instances they will not. Catholic is out of the tournament this year, but my husband and I are coming Friday to see all of the championships games. Out daughter graduated last year, but we just love the game of volleyball. We want to see some good competition, regardless of who wins. Does anyone know whether Sara Fowler's parents ever post on the board? My daugher and Sara are sorority sisters, and are playing intramural volleyball together at UT. Though I would look them up Friday, if they are coming to the matches. I hope to see Greenbrier and Stone Memorial fight it out to the end. I know it would be an awesome match. See ya'll Friday in the BORO.