Greenbrier Volleyball

KillJoy

Man these posts on the volleyball boards are way to long...must be all women. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> Go Cats and thank goodness those Arnold girls don't take after their daddy...man is Eddie ugly or what? /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> He can't play any volleyball either.

Dude, FEAR them 'hot' GB Mama's! /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" />

You must know EA pretty well. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dude, FEAR them 'hot' GB Mama's! /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" />

You must know EA pretty well. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

/laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> I'll take your advice!

Yeah I know Eddie, he grew up with my brother-in-law and I've had a chance to get to know em over the last 5-6 years.

Greenbrier has once again brought home another regional championship. This community is really proud of our girls. They selected an all region team. Congradulations to the Arnold twin towers, always deserving. I was captivated by the lady who asked an old assistant coach how the tournament team was selected. I didn't hear the reply but the lady who asked the question then asked who was on the committee. Once again, I didn't hear the reply. Then the lady who was asking all the questions said, PITIFUL, absolutely PITIFUL. She was all for the TWIN TOWERS selection, but balked at the other choices. Yes I know it is a free country, and not to take away from the honors to the other two players that were selected, but what about the Devers girl? She played a hec of a tournament, was recognized as an all district player. The other player, #32, played a hec of a tourney too. As a spectator, were these committee members watching the same game I was? Then it dawned on me, I'm in Greenbrier, land of the free, home of the "I've got your back!" Don't you just love small towns? Kudos to the woman who had enough backbone to balk the system, and, she had really big hair too.

Congradulations Greenbrier girls! You make our community proud! There isn't anything standing in your way for a back2back state title. Your fan base is huge and supports you all the way! I agree with catsfan20 about the picks. Nina Dever should have taken home an award but who am I to say. She loves the game, loves her team mates, and always walks with her head high, no matter the circumstances. I know the lady that challenged the picks. She doesn't have a dog in the fight, but finds it nearly impossible not to speak up when an injustice is committed. Doesn't make her right; all through out life we are faced with this. I think she is in desperate need of a haircut. Know any good hairdressers Spikeit2?

You know, I've tried all day long to reconcile this and, well, I can't help but say my piece: Rylee Butler, #32, absolutely got @#$%^&*! out of something she deserved! If what I'm reading is true...and I don't doubt it...it's a real shame that a jealous, shallow, so-called adult either used her 'politics' or her former 'position' to name who she wanted to the All-Tournament team. If you saw the games we played, there's no way in heck that Rylee could not have made it. Shoot, I even thought she might get MVP. She did it all: Kills, roofs, blocks, serves. Just a solid all-around performance...and only a sophomore. Sorry, but it just ain't right.

There, I feel better.

(and no, I'm not one of her parents; just a friend and fan)

You know, I've tried all day long to reconcile this and, well, I can't help but say my piece: Rylee Butler, #32, absolutely got @#$%^&*! out of something she deserved! If what I'm reading is true...and I don't doubt it...it's a real shame that a jealous, shallow, so-called adult either used her 'politics' or her former 'position' to name who she wanted to the All-Tournament team. If you saw the games we played, there's no way in heck that Rylee could not have made it. Shoot, I even thought she might get MVP. She did it all: Kills, roofs, blocks, serves. Just a solid all-around performance...and only a sophomore. Sorry, but it just ain't right.

There, I feel better.

Well, dang 5sport! I guess this is what I get for not attending more volleyball games! Now you got my curiousity up. And you KNOW curiousity KILLS Cats! /tongue.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" /> Now I'm going to be keeping my eye out for BIG haired politicial women in weird positions. /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

5-Sport, I agree 100%. These all tournament teams are a joke. The "committee" is usually picked by the coach and told who to pick before the first ball is played. Head coaches make sure the "right" girls get picked as supposed to the ones that "deserve" to picked.

Good luck tonight, but I doubt you will need any! Should be an easy ride.

5-Sport, I agree 100%. These all tournament teams are a joke. The "committee" is usually picked by the coach and told who to pick before the first ball is played. Head coaches make sure the "right" girls get picked as supposed to the ones that "deserve" to picked.

Adults mess the selection up telling players it means nothing. maybe it does. Guess its and ego trip. Like playing club.

There, I feel better.

5Sport, I wholeheartedly agree, but you know we are in the PC age where every team must have one representative on the team, so someone deserving gets stuck. Heck, Cassidy Hawkins from Lexington, didn't make All-District tourney team, but was named Regional MVP...Go Figure. And one more thing while I am ranting, what's up with Dyer Co (Region Host) not getting a small plaque for the 7A-AA All Region team selections? They have nothing to show for this selection....very cheesy & very inconsiderate. Heck, a Photo copied Certificate would have been better than nothing!!!

As a fan in stands i agree with the people who were picked for the all tourney team but it should have been two more players added. But cant dis the people who picked them. They saw it fit that the players that were chosen did better. The "Big Haired Lady" shouldn't have said a word because her daughter graduated last year. It wasn't her place to say anything about the situation. Its nothing about politics or a position someone held in the past its about how the players that got picked played. Parents shouldn't get involved just because their child didn't make something. But not knocking the Lady Cats as a whole only the stupid people who complain. Tonight is a big game for the girls and they don't need something like this hanging over them. It takes a TEAM to win not individual....

"Oh and i love the Lady Cats Mama's" /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Was the "Big Haired" lady the asst coach from last season? I must have misread this post earlier? If it was a parent from last years team this is even worse. Our school has the same problem with parents of recent graduates who try to stir stuff up. Let the girls play.

All Tournament slections ARE important to the girls. They should be fair, and not based on political correctness. Catholic hosted the Regional Tournament Tuesday and of the four teams Stone Memorial had three people make the team, Anderson County had three, Seymour had 1 and Gibbs had zero. That was probably fair. Coaches need to be more worried about other stuff than making sure certain players make these teams.

Was the "Big Haired" lady the asst coach from last season? I must have misread this post earlier? If it was a parent from last years team this is even worse. Our school has the same problem with parents of recent graduates who try to stir stuff up. Let the girls play.

All Tournament slections ARE important to the girls. They should be fair, and not based on political correctness. Catholic hosted the Regional Tournament Tuesday and of the four teams Stone Memorial had three people make the team, Anderson County had three, Seymour had 1 and Gibbs had zero. That was probably fair. Coaches need to be more worried about other stuff than making sure certain players make these teams.

In reading these posts I think some of the Greenbrier parents need to grow up and not worry about who gets selected to the all tournament team, but worry about whether you win or lose. I watched the team last year and heard a lot of the same people cry because the little setter got all of the awards that she got. Now I am hearing it again. It is my understanding that the setter touches the ball on every possesion and without her none of the hitters would be very good.

5-sport dad who does the Butler girl deserve the award over? The Arnold twins? The Williams girl? The Holbert girl? She did a great job along with your daughter, but who do you take off. The tournament "committee" has a tough time in any sport and I am sure they dont want to leave any one off, but they have to make selections on what they see on the court. If you know who was on the committee I am sure that they would talk to you and explain to you their selections if you wanted to talk to them instead about them on this post.

I think the fairest way is for the opposing coaches to vote on the team. Otherwise, I think I should do it. /tongue.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />

Thanks for the well-wishes! We don't take anyone lightly, I assure you.

5Sport, I wholeheartedly agree, but you know we are in the PC age where every team must have one representative on the team, so someone deserving gets stuck. Heck, Cassidy Hawkins from Lexington, didn't make All-District tourney team, but was named Regional MVP...Go Figure. And one more thing while I am ranting, what's up with Dyer Co (Region Host) not getting a small plaque for the 7A-AA All Region team selections? They have nothing to show for this selection....very cheesy & very inconsiderate. Heck, a Photo copied Certificate would have been better than nothing!!!

I'm witcha! There was no mention of an MVP at ours, even though anybody with half-a-mind knows there was one. And nobody, that I saw, got anything but applause and pictures taken. Heck, we hosted it and I was a little embarrassed for the girls. You reckon they were 'mailed' to them? /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

In reading these posts I think some of the Greenbrier parents need to grow up and not worry about who gets selected to the all tournament team, but worry about whether you win or lose. I watched the team last year and heard a lot of the same people cry because the little setter got all of the awards that she got. Now I am hearing it again. It is my understanding that the setter touches the ball on every possesion and without her none of the hitters would be very good.

5-sport dad who does the Butler girl deserve the award over? The Arnold twins? The Williams girl? The Holbert girl? She did a great job along with your daughter, but who do you take off. The tournament "committee" has a tough time in any sport and I am sure they dont want to leave any one off, but they have to make selections on what they see on the court. If you know who was on the committee I am sure that they would talk to you and explain to you their selections if you wanted to talk to them instead about them on this post.

You're very observant. And, as you must know, if you know me, I'm not very 'PC.' To me, wrong is wrong. And, right is right. /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

I'm just saying she deserved to be on the team. Doesn't mean somebody had to be taken off, does it? And I didn't even know there was a 'committee' and still don't know who the 'big haired lady' is, for sure. Don't really care. But, since you know who I am, you and whoever let me know tonight and I'd love to have it explained. As you said, I didn't have a 'dawg' in the fight. The twins always play good. Sometimes, their worst is somebody elses best. However, I do support the team and think #32 stood above the rest that night. I take it you don't or you wouldn't be coming to the defense of the 'committee?'