Oakland Coffee Co?

im_tj_m

Any word on Amey or Adams and their injuries? What about Schaller? Was he hurt worse on that run of his?

I think with Schaller, the issue is just tenderness in that right ankle. He didnt look terrible, but that little bit of restraint in his ankle hindered his performance a little bit. Amey and Adams didnt look to have too terrible of injuries, but I guess we shall see.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought Schaller was favoring his hurt ankle, and think it may have made him a bit off-balance. He is a great competitior and will play through pain. As for Adams, I had heard he fractured his wrist. We all know Amey had to be hurt pretty good to go off the field. He is as tough as they come and I hope the coaches don't force him back b/f before he should be on the field. We will need him down the stretch.

Oakland 9 Coffee County 7 final. Oakland kicks a field goal with seconds left to win the game

I am new to message boards. This my first reply. It was a great game, that the CC defense dominated. The last running play the refs did not start the clock after spotting the ball. My biggest complaint about Oakland is WHERE ARE THE FANS? If CC had beaten Riverdale last week, there would have been an overflowing of the next opponets' stadium. I do not believe that there were many over 200 people on the Oakland side. Get behind your team.

Oakland has its share of fair weather fans in football. Win, and you have a flurry of new posters and folk at the game. Lose, and they return back to the closet. We have four 5 A high schools in Murfreesboro.......6 5A schools in the county. Add in Middle TN Christian and Eagleville, and you have plenty of football to choose from w/o having to drive to any away games. Factor in on Friday night that it was expected to storm....which it was POURING when I left the Boro to head to Manchester....and I think you get the picture. Many parents won't let their kids drive to away games esp in rain and most kids think they are too cool to ride a pep bus to one. Also.......most of the students think since we beat Riverdale that we would drill Coffee County and it would be a waste of gas to go. They have no respect for opponents b/c they don't suit up themselves. I suppose we will have a decent crowd when we play Siegel in a few wks b/c they are the biggest rival for us these days. Will they sit in the stands, cheer, and watch the game? No way. They will strut around the stadium and run their mouths embarrassing the school and trying to start stuff with the Siegel fans who are doing the same. They will curse if we don't win and loudly proclaim how badly we stink....real bandwagonners at their best.

But those same fans won't even be around when we really need them against a team like WC or Lebanon.

BUT......the bottom line is that Oakland only has a handful of DIE HARD fans that travel b/c they love Patriot football. Very sad, but very true. That was one of the reasons I wanted to go to this one....to see the great CC atmosphere and how it SHOULD be.

Oakland has its share of fair weather fans in football. Win, and you have a flurry of new posters and folk at the game. Lose, and they return back to the closet. We have four 5 A high schools in Murfreesboro.......6 5A schools in the county. Add in Middle TN Christian and Eagleville, and you have plenty of football to choose from w/o having to drive to any away games. Factor in on Friday night that it was expected to storm....which it was POURING when I left the Boro to head to Manchester....and I think you get the picture. Many parents won't let their kids drive to away games esp in rain and most kids think they are too cool to ride a pep bus to one. Also.......most of the students think since we beat Riverdale that we would drill Coffee County and it would be a waste of gas to go. They have no respect for opponents b/c they don't suit up themselves. I suppose we will have a decent crowd when we play Siegel in a few wks b/c they are the biggest rival for us these days. Will they sit in the stands, cheer, and watch the game? No way. They will strut around the stadium and run their mouths embarrassing the school and trying to start stuff with the Siegel fans who are doing the same. They will curse if we don't win and loudly proclaim how badly we stink....real bandwagonners at their best.

But those same fans won't even be around when we really need them against a team like WC or Lebanon.

BUT......the bottom line is that Oakland only has a handful of DIE HARD fans that travel b/c they love Patriot football. Very sad, but very true. That was one of the reasons I wanted to go to this one....to see the great CC atmosphere and how it SHOULD be.

Agreed 2P.

Schaller could barely walk and that run hurt him really bad. It is still exceptionally tender. Adams was last reported to have a fractured/broken wrist and trainers thought that Amey might have broken his leg. He was going for xrays as soon as he could.

i have to first admit that i didnt give coffee county any respect before the game and they earned after the game......i really believed that it was goin to be a slaughter fest and it turned out to be a great game like everyone said it was...........big props to CC /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Agreed 2P.

Schaller could barely walk and that run hurt him really bad. It is still exceptionally tender. Adams was last reported to have a fractured/broken wrist and trainers thought that Amey might have broken his leg. He was going for xrays as soon as he could.

It is like I stated earlier, I knew Amey had to be hurt badly b/c he would NEVER leave that field otherwise. Schaller is a fighter and I knew he was favoring his ankle badly even before that run. Those of us who have played ourselves or have watched your own son play can spot player injuries before the normal fans can. You can recognize your son ad his friends by mannerisms and gait. We can recognize that determined grimace, and we know when they are hurting but playing through.

Where do u get ur stuff?

The stands are FULLLLLLLL you can't sit anywhere unless ur an hour early.

Ummm lets say u got USC playing MTSU.

I'm sure USC has some respect for MTSU, but everyone in the world knows USC is going to blow MTSU out!

Just because you say someone is gonna get drilled doesn't mean u disrespect!

Like you said alot of folks arn't able to drive to certain places guy, chill.

if ur like me last Friday you had Pharyingitis and was in the hospital the night before, therefore couldn't go anywhere.

It was Coffee county yes. Plenty of people counting myself thought it was gonna be an easy win.

I have said great job to Coffee county.

Oakland has plenty "DIE HJARD" fans. Believe it or not 2p some people do work or have other things to attend to? Maybe family I donno.

CHILLL!

By the way, congrads Coffee county I will def pay attention to you guys all yr.

I was very impressed with the CC defense and the OHS defense. Minus one play the OHS defense gave up absolutely nothing minus two of their top d linemen. The offense for OHS left quite a bit to be desired, but they got it done when it mattered. Would have liked to see OHS take advantage of matchup advantages a little better in some spots though. I absolutely love to watch Schaller play, he came through HUGE on the final drive. Good to see OHS escape a trap game with a victory and get a little wake up call to refocus going into another region game.

I was very impressed with the CC defense and the OHS defense. Minus one play the OHS defense gave up absolutely nothing minus two of their top d linemen. The offense for OHS left quite a bit to be desired, but they got it done when it mattered. Would have liked to see OHS take advantage of matchup advantages a little better in some spots though. I absolutely love to watch Schaller play, he came through HUGE on the final drive. Good to see OHS escape a trap game with a victory and get a little wake up call to refocus going into another region game.

Talked to a parent of one of the players and it seems Barrett should be back for the game against LaVergne. The coaches had some problems with their headsets so that may explain the procedure penalties a little bit. This next game is absolutely huge for the Patriots

Agreed 2P.

I think I will take Bacillum's word for what it REALLY is like with Oakland fans over yours, TJ. He knows what I said was true. I have followed Oakland for 20 yrs and my son played there for 4. I have been through 3 state championships appearances, along with losing seasons and no playoffs. You haven't seen how fast the ship can be deserted. You also were not at CC to see the SPARSE crowd, and the armchair QB's ranting at all the delay calls.

After all, you jumped ship to go to Seagull then came back to Oakland yourself. If that isn't fair weather, I don't know what is.

Maybe you should check that Dr's license.....I never heard of PHaryingitis. I have heard of LARYNGITIS though. Hope you are feeling better though. I wouldn't expect you to be at every game......you graduated last yr didn't you? I would HOPE you have better things to do on a Friday night than to continue hanging out at the high school.

I think I will take Bacillum's word for what it REALLY is like with Oakland fans over yours, TJ. He knows what I said was true. I have followed Oakland for 20 yrs and my son played there for 4. I have been through 3 state championships appearances, along with losing seasons and no playoffs. You haven't seen how fast the ship can be deserted. You also were not at CC to see the SPARSE crowd, and the armchair QB's ranting at all the delay calls.

After all, you jumped ship to go to Seagull then came back to Oakland yourself. If that isn't fair weather, I don't know what is.

Maybe you should check that Dr's license.....I never heard of PHaryingitis. I have heard of LARYNGITIS though. Hope you are feeling better though. I wouldn't expect you to be at every game......you graduated last yr didn't you? I would HOPE you have better things to do on a Friday night than to continue hanging out at the high school.

Guy I promise look it up. Its a real sickness I promise.

Actually on Fridays I look forward to Oakland games, always have.

I went to Siegel cause I moved and had no choice, which Siegel had soooome good things bout it to bad we didn't work out. ha.

I will always be a big oakland supporter.