Search Engine Feature

CoachT,

Do I need to have a CoachT Plus subscription to enable the Search Engine? If not, is it purposely disabled?

Thanks!

It is on purpose. There are so many members using it, and most do not limit their searches to specific dates and key words, that it brings our servers to a stand still while it searches through 462,253 messages. If you ever get on here and get an ips driver error or the site is at a crawl, that is probably why.

We are looking for an alternative.

It is on purpose. There are so many members using it, and most do not limit their searches to specific dates and key words, that it brings our servers to a stand still while it searches through 462,253 messages. If you ever get on here and get an ips driver error or the site is at a crawl, that is probably why.

We are looking for an alternative.

Good deal. Thanks for the information. I hope you find an alternative soon, as I would find that feature very useful.

I second that I hope it returns soon. I guess I am one of the few that does do the advanced search and usually limit it to the last 7 days. It would be nice to see what people are writing about certain schools inside posts.

Thanks CoachT for the effort...maybe there would be some message to make people narrow their search instead of turning it off.

• 2 months later...

Why must searches not include words that are less than 4 letters? This makes it impossible to search for topics on schools like DCA, FRA, CPA, MBA, etc. It would sure be nice if that was possible. Thanks.

We will try it although I am advised that it will slow the system considerably. If it does I will have to change it back.

On busy nights like tonight I will disable the search engine, anyway.