District 7A 2002-2003

TNBballMan

Coach Hagan will be truly missed. As far as the point with one player in the link above. I did forget about Garrett and I regret that. He however left the team before the team was ever picked so that is why I didn't think about GH. I was simply saying that Heady will be missed, not trying to stir up any ill feelings.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I see there is a bunch of talk about how the district will end up.It wont matter about the season, it will matter when you are in a district game you will see who wants it the most.Thompson and Green are nowhere compared to Aaron and Crouch for one reason,they choke.They dont play smart.Pickett got a transfer from Adair co.They say he is about 6' and has took the starting point guard pos.What about Celina?They have got a good starting five and a deep bench.I think Chad Watson and his cousin Chase Stephens are better than Thompson and Green, and you will see this in the season.I bet that Celina will finish at least in the top two.Now i have a question.Who will be the district MVP?

Guest basketballno1

Several years ago Pickett Co was having an off year after many many great seasons in a row and were something like 8-12 at one point...then they went on a winning streak and finally they lost the region final to Clarkrange at the buzzer and went on to the substate. That's an off year. This will be no off year. With a great freshman from last year, Josh Wright maturing from last season, Justin Wright, Lance Beaty, Luke Mason and the new transfer from Kentucky...this team will beat any team which overlooks them. They have talent at every position and more on the bench. The bench has young talented guys who have played on junior high state champions. Don't kid yourself, Pickett Co. isn't hurting at all! Clarkrange's Thompson will have to be focused for them to win the district. It should be a great year with RBS, Clarkrange and Pickett all in the race for the championship. Celina will be very good too. 7A should keep its streak of winning the region for about the 20th year in a row...or is it 21?

How does "new" head coach Lloyd Covington fit into all this? Does anyone give him a chance? Well anyway, Coach Joey Hoover's Burks Middle School team from last year will give MHS a "GREAT" freshman team, and they should compete for the STATE OF TENNESSEE CLASS A TITLE in 2005 - 2006. Hey they went 13 and 3 last year!!!!!!!! Give Covington a chance, he may be what MHS needs to get back to state tourney in 4 years since the 1977-78 team!!!!!!

• 2 weeks later...

I think it is funny how teams which are always good get slammed. Pickett will be as good as ever this year. I hear that the transfer from Kentucky has the moves of Michael Green but is taller...they may not dominate this year, not because they aren't good, but because Clarkrange has stepped up a little...unless attitude gets them down again. I hope RBS has a great year too. Clarkrange could be the top team, but could come in at #2, #3 or #4 if celina comes on.

Guest Tweeter

Thompson will be the difference maker for Clarkraneg this year- Clarkrange should lead the way in 7A followed by Pickett Co., RBS, Celina, Montery, Hermitage Springs.

Hey I heard they were gonna consolodate Celina and Hermitage Springs into one school after this year- CLAY COUNTY HIGH SCHOOL???????? Is this true?

well not because i am from B-town or anything but here is how the ladder should look this year

Pickett Co.

Clarkrange

RBS

Monterey

Celina

Hermitage

i just dont know if Celina has improved that much and i have had a sneak peak as to what PCHS has to offer this year thanks to me being good friends with the players.

as to weather or not CHS and HSHS are going to consolidate; i have talked to some of the people from those schools and they have told me that they will not because of something about that it will cost too much money or something like that.

N.J.

Posted by Tweeter:

Thompson will be the difference maker for Clarkraneg this year- Clarkrange should lead the way in 7A followed by Pickett Co., RBS, Celina, Montery, Hermitage Springs.

Hey I heard they were gonna consolodate Celina and Hermitage Springs into one school after this year- CLAY COUNTY HIGH SCHOOL???????? Is this true?

The New Clay County High School will open next August just outside of Celina across the Cumberland River. It will replace Celina High School however the colors and mascot will not change. Just a new facility and name. HSHS will remain on the West side of the county!