kingston at harriman 08

freakzilla4

seems like this year may be different then the last couple..harriman has a pretty good ball team with the talent and commitment to win...but the last few years has the yellow jackets using there depth to run away from the devils late in the 4th. Is this year going to be different can the devils pull the upset? or will the jackets keep the streak alive?

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

freak dem devils gonna roll dis 1. coach queen and his queenston team will b wishing they were back in captal city when its all said n done thursday. hhs wins 28-7. we ready. we ready. we ready.

i hope the devils do pull it off they got the team to this year im saying 24-14 harriman...its almost time cant wait ill sit in the rain for this one no matter what!!!!

Harriman has around 300 in the school and Kingston has about 675. With an enrollment of more than double Kingston should win every year. I'm not making excuses, I really don't care who wins. However facts are facts. Kingston is 3A and Harriman is 1A.

I realize this is a big county rivalry, and I have been to several of these games. What does Kingston gain from beating a 1A school? Heck they should beat them. If Harriman gets beat so what they should. I guess if your looking at winning and losing Kingston has more to lose.

I think that they keep playing for the gate. With football usually supporting many of the other sports this would be a big boost in funds for a 1A school. I bet Harriman makes more off the Kingston gate than they make on their other four home games combined.

This should be a good week for Roane county football. You have Kingston, Harriman on Thursday and Midway, Rockwood on Friday. I might try and go watch both games. Good luck to all the county teams this week.

freak dem devils gonna roll dis 1. coach queen and his queenston team will b wishing they were back in captal city when its all said n done thursday. hhs wins 28-7. we ready. we ready. we ready.

How do you think harriman will score 28 points on Kingston when they barely put up 28 against a Monterey. I mean seriously stop kidding yourself. Monterey scored two touchdowns on them thats not saying much about their defense either. This game won't be much more than practice for Kingston.

Harriman has around 300 in the school and Kingston has about 675. With an enrollment of more than double Kingston should win every year. I'm not making excuses, I really don't care who wins. However facts are facts. Kingston is 3A and Harriman is 1A.

I realize this is a big county rivalry, and I have been to several of these games. What does Kingston gain from beating a 1A school? Heck they should beat them. If Harriman gets beat so what they should. I guess if your looking at winning and losing Kingston has more to lose.

I think that they keep playing for the gate. With football usually supporting many of the other sports this would be a big boost in funds for a 1A school. I bet Harriman makes more off the Kingston gate than they make on their other four home games combined.

This should be a good week for Roane county football. You have Kingston, Harriman on Thursday and Midway, Rockwood on Friday. I might try and go watch both games. Good luck to all the county teams this week.

turf toe, you are right. Kingston should win this one. As a matter a fact Kingston should always win their non-region games win you play a non-region 1A and 2A schedule. The yellowjackets will always be the same calibur team year in and year out. Their level of play will never get any better as long as they keep playing these 1A & 2A non-region games. You only get better by playing the best. They obviously play in probably the toughest 3A region in the state. Not saying that Rockwood, Harriman and OS are weak teams but even if Kingston wins these games, what does it prove other than bragging rights. I am surprised that Kingston doesn't play Midway /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> Probably good thing that they don't because it may be embarrassing for the yellowjackets to get beat by a school of about 225 students. I remember back through the 70's to about 1986 when they did play a tough non-region schedule along with their tough region schedule and also appearing in 4 state finals as well during this time frame. So to coach King and the yellowjackets, get over the money at the gate issue and play some teams at least at your 3A talent level and maybe squeeze in a 4A and 5A for your non-region match ups and then you may be able to compete with Fulton, Catholic, A-E and AC for your region games. Besides, look at some of these teams non-region schedules. You don't see Fulton and Alcoa playing down.

I gotta admit though, you did play Ooltewah back in the early 90"s. WHEW

Let's see, I believe they still just allow 11 on the field at any one time no matter how many students are in the school.

True, but I think we'd all rather pick our 11 from a school of 700 and 80 players on the sideline than only have 340 and 45 to choose from. If your reasoning was correct, we should just have one class and one state champion.

Hey Ram Fan as usual you don't know anything, Kingston didn't play ooltewah back in the 90's , if your gonna say stupid things at least get the facts right, it doesn't matter if Kingston is 3a and Harriman is 1a, the community loves to watch the county teams play and as far as having a tough non region games , thats makes a lot of sense to travel to play a bigger school when these programs survive off the gate money, lets see I can play william blount and make 6,000 in gate money or play rockwood and make 15,000 thats an easy decision for me. What about the fact that Kingston is one of the smallest 3a school in the state, and the smallest in there region, 700 kids compared to AC's 1200 Fulton 960 and Catholics 500 without the multiplier and as far as Midway beating Kingston be real now , I think Midway has a good football team but they r not gonna beat Kingston.

That's funny "queenston" , you guys crack me up. But whats even more funny is that you probably wasn't even born the last time Kingston lost to Harriman.

Hey Ram Fan as usual you don't know anything, Kingston didn't play ooltewah back in the 90's , if your gonna say stupid things at least get the facts right, it doesn't matter if Kingston is 3a and Harriman is 1a, the community loves to watch the county teams play and as far as having a tough non region games , thats makes a lot of sense to travel to play a bigger school when these programs survive off the gate money, lets see I can play william blount and make 6,000 in gate money or play rockwood and make 15,000 thats an easy decision for me. What about the fact that Kingston is one of the smallest 3a school in the state, and the smallest in there region, 700 kids compared to AC's 1200 Fulton 960 and Catholics 500 without the multiplier and as far as Midway beating Kingston be real now , I think Midway has a good football team but they r not gonna beat Kingston.

Hey 5193, you better get your facts straight before you blast off. Kingston played Ooltewah twice in the 90"s. Kingston won the first year and got beat the second in a high scoring game. Ask your buddy coach King and he will verify it for you. I can tell you just about anything involving Kingston football from the 70's to present. What I stated was simply my opinion. I guarantee you though that there are much much more people that agree with me on it too. Good luck to Kingston this season......but the results will still be the same.