Top Guards in East Tennessee

GHSgozz22

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I saw science hill play last year and they were a tough team and they had some good players. However, I dont' remember which one was Nick Bradley. What I do know is that in order for Lee Humphrey to be shut down he better not catch the ball. If Lee gets the ball he can score...thats for sure. Someone mentioned he was faster than he looks and that is the truth. If Lee gets his touches he isn't going to get shut down. I watched Bradshaw from White Station (UT signee) play in the championship last year and he was a very good player but I think Lee is twice the player he is. I'm not going to say the best guard in the state cause I haven't seen them all but he's better than 99% of them.

I don't know anything about this Vibbert guy, but I do know that Nick Bradley could stop Humphrey. Bradley is probably the best defender in the state. Lee Humphrey better hope he does not have to play Science Hill this year because Bradley would guard him and Humphrey would have a tough time even getting his hands on the ball.

Lee Humphries is a great player. I will not take anything away from him. But, Nick Bradley can shut him down. What I mean in saying that is if Lee was averaging 25-30 points, he would only get 10-15 against Nick. Nick is a good offensive player, but his defense is what his specialty is. Nick has played for me for three years. He knows the basic fundamentals of defense. A player can not move his body without his "belly-button", not Lee Humphries, not even Michael Jordan. Playing extremely good defense requires extremely good discipline, watching that mid-section. Nick does this almost everytime. I'd love to see that match-up!

Stokomo I would also love to see a SH/Maryville matchup because I would love to see the Bradley/Humphrey matchup. Man that would be sweet. I doubt Lee Humphrey has ever had anyone stop him the way Nick would. SH's trademark is their pressure defense and Nick is awesome at it. I agree that Lee Humphrey is certainly one of the best players in the state, but he would have a lot of trouble scoring with Nick guarding him.

Stokomo did DB have a good summer? What camps did they attend and how did they play?

Guest sharpshooter12

All I'm saying is that I've seen a lot of full court man to man against Lee, and rarely does it work. I'm not saying he is invincible or anything. I'm simply saying you'd be suprised.I've seen one defensive plan work and actually shut Lee down, and that was against William Blount in the region tournament. I promise you you can't play Lee straight up, but you say Bradley is a great defender, so I would also like to see the match up. Who did Bradley play AAU for and how big is he?