Payne Denman... Its simple really!

ruthlessdcfan08

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He will win state this year! Payne enters the season with two years of state turny births under his belt. He now has the experience and the goods to get it done on the highest level of tennessee golf! lol its simple really

i totally agree. he plays in our region (i play for portland if you havent figured it out in my other posts) and the kid can flat out play. i played with him in the final group of last years region and he played bad and still shot seventy. he is a great golfer and an even nicer guy. we played him this year at windtree golf course and he shot thirty five but we barely won. im not sure how deep they are behind him but you dont have to have much behind him with payne as your ace

Payne has not really been playing as well this year as he did last year. I agree that he should be one of the favorites to win the state, but his recent scores don's support that position. I like Payne amd hope he turns it around.

i know he shot a 29 recently at riverwatch and his stroke average on the season is somewhere around 34 so i think he has "turned it around" just fine.

Playing well at one's home course is expected of good players and Payne is a really good player. I have no doubt he will be in the hunt for a state title, but the reality is what he does at Riverwatch in 9-hole matches isn't a certain predictor of his future performance. I hope he wins it all......he is a good kid and excellent player.

Playing well at one's home course is expected of good players and Payne is a really good player. I have no doubt he will be in the hunt for a state title, but the reality is what he does at Riverwatch in 9-hole matches isn't a certain predictor of his future performance. I hope he wins it all......he is a good kid and excellent player.

he cant help that his matches are only 9 holes. this is golf, you cant predict anyone future performance from one day to the next. and i dont care if you are playing putt putt golf a 29 on any course is remarkable.

he cant help that his matches are only 9 holes. this is golf, you cant predict anyone future performance from one day to the next. and i dont care if you are playing putt putt golf a 29 on any course is remarkable.

Well, you are right about 29 being an excellent score. However, you missed the point of my post which had nothing at to do with your reponse. The point was (and is) Payne is an excellent golfer who has to take his play from 9 holes at Riverwatch to 18 holes somewhere else (maybe Old Fort). You assumed I was being critical of Payne which is not at all the case.

i totally agree. he plays in our region (i play for portland if you havent figured it out in my other posts) and the kid can flat out play. i played with him in the final group of last years region and he played bad and still shot seventy. he is a great golfer and an even nicer guy. we played him this year at windtree golf course and he shot thirty five but we barely won. im not sure how deep they are behind him but you dont have to have much behind him with payne as your ace

If he plays as well as he can everyone including smith is playing 4 second.