david harrison

Great1

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

David had a great year at Colorado. He averaged about 14 points and eight rebound per game. That's pretty good for a freshman in the Big 12. He could be a lottery pick. It's too bad Brentwood Academy screwed him into playing football or he would have been a lottery pick coming out of high school.

• 1 month later...
Guest blount
Posted by smalltown:

David had a great year at Colorado. He averaged about 14 points and eight rebound per game. That's pretty good for a freshman in the Big 12. He could be a lottery pick. It's too bad Brentwood Academy screwed him into playing football or he would have been a lottery pick coming out of high school.

Screwed him into playing football???? He chose to play. He was arguably the best pass rusher in the state due to his size. Nobody made him play. Also, he would not have gone into the NBA right out of high school. Why do you think he went to Colorado?? Not because they are a powerhouse, because they aren't. He wanted to play with his big brother, DJ. Now that his bro has graduated, he may consider entering the draft before graduation, but I bet he'll wait until he goes higher in the draft.

• 3 weeks later...

blount, you're right. Harrison chose to play football...he was not forced or persuaded in any way. Basketball Coach Robert Butler told me this, and I was also good friends with his girlfriend and she told me lots about him all the time, and she said that DH wanted to play. In fact, he stated in a Tennessean article during his Junior year that football was his favorite sport. He only started getting truly serious about basketball when he grew rapidly during Junior High.

• 3 weeks later...

lottery pick coming out of high school? are you kidding? now that's a good one. I saw Harrison play in the state tournament like 2 years in a row and he flat out was HORRIBLE both times. the only reason he scores so much is that he usually ends having someone 6'5 guarding him. I remember Dan Banko from Montgomery Bell tore him all to shreads. Banko was a 7 footer (or at least 6'9, 6'10). As for college, I heard he is actually doing well. He should make it to the league, but I don't think he'll be a lottery pick. I was surprised he played and started in the McDonalds All American game. Yeah, Eddy Curry ripped him a new one there. I think Harrison led his team if fouls, especially in the first quarter. He's getting better, don't get me wrong, but he's not lottery pick out of high school or even right now.

I played with and against Dan and David, and i have played against the likes of ron slay, marcus haslip, and nikki orenzi(spelling?), and david is, in my opinion, by far the best. first of all, dan never tore anybody up, especially dave. he got dominated in most games he played. second, david was still maturing as a senior. i remember playing against him as a seventh grader up through sophomore year, and the improvement he made each year was incredible. i predict he will be a first round pick one day.