Knox Grace

pujo

All private schools are a business, atheletics is a great selling tool. If Grace can continue to have success, they will get alot of transfers. The school will really take off. If I'm not mistaken ,I saw where their baseball Coach was a scout for the Atlanta braves. If you build it ,they will come. I also agree the open enrollment and Magnet should have the same multiplier. If I'm not mistaken, the new classifacations will deal with all of the above.

The baseball coach is gone and we started 2 eighth graders last year only had 9 players total so we hope a few more will play this year.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I ain??™t got a dog in this fight, however I??™ve been on both sides and I??™m going to give ya both some insight.

Anti-Grace folks: public schools around Knoxville are nothing like what they are on the mountain. There are gangs, guns, and attitudes country schools just would not put up with. Sometimes parents feel that they must sacrifice to get their kids to a better school and that??™s the case for most parents at Grace. As far as transfers, Grace also has lost some good players who were in their system for years, that would definitely have helped them this year. For example, there is a very good ex-Grace linebacker who is averaging several tackles a game at 5A Karns, and a two way starter on a 5A DB team that is a top 5 football team in the state of Tennessee. This kid played on Grace??™s first football team and, when he was a sophomore, started over some of their better players now. (Also there is a starting basketball player at 4a Halls). Suffice it to say, transfers do go both ways.

Grace fans: you are missing what you should see in the opinions posed in this blog.

Open your eyes and try to see yourselves as others see you. I know each of you sacrifice to send your children to school at Grace and you are proud of your kids and your school. However, be careful for your actions are being misinterpreted. For example, You put hard wood floors in your press box. I know you were trying to do the right thing and have a nice place to entertain visiting administrators. But, most others see it as flaunting wealth. Another example would be your lack of football fan protocol. When I was at your homecoming game two years ago most fans arrived late. When you got there you just came in the stands and took over. You were standing in front of the visitor??™s fans to the point where they could not see the game, with total disregard for the parents who were trying to watch their children. You may have been excited about the new field and the homecoming ceremony, yet they saw it as arrogance. Stop patting yourselves on the back and start acting in a manner that others would like to emulate, not spurn.

I ain??™t got a dog in this fight, however I??™ve been on both sides and I??™m going to give ya both some insight.

Anti-Grace folks: public schools around Knoxville are nothing like what they are on the mountain. There are gangs, guns, and attitudes country schools just would not put up with. Sometimes parents feel that they must sacrifice to get their kids to a better school and that??™s the case for most parents at Grace. As far as transfers, Grace also has lost some good players who were in their system for years, that would definitely have helped them this year. For example, there is a very good ex-Grace linebacker who is averaging several tackles a game at 5A Karns, and a two way starter on a 5A DB team that is a top 5 football team in the state of Tennessee. This kid played on Grace??™s first football team and, when he was a sophomore, started over some of their better players now. (Also there is a starting basketball player at 4a Halls). Suffice it to say, transfers do go both ways.

Grace fans: you are missing what you should see in the opinions posed in this blog.

Open your eyes and try to see yourselves as others see you. I know each of you sacrifice to send your children to school at Grace and you are proud of your kids and your school. However, be careful for your actions are being misinterpreted. For example, You put hard wood floors in your press box. I know you were trying to do the right thing and have a nice place to entertain visiting administrators. But, most others see it as flaunting wealth. Another example would be your lack of football fan protocol. When I was at your homecoming game two years ago most fans arrived late. When you got there you just came in the stands and took over. You were standing in front of the visitor??™s fans to the point where they could not see the game, with total disregard for the parents who were trying to watch their children. You may have been excited about the new field and the homecoming ceremony, yet they saw it as arrogance. Stop patting yourselves on the back and start acting in a manner that others would like to emulate, not spurn.

So they lost one kid off their football team to a nearby school,another one moved to Kingsport. I'd like to know the # of transfers they have picked up in the last 4 years. I don't think it evens out very much. Picking them up alot faster than their losing them.

Not patting ourselves on the back, just loving and supporting our team. Trust me, the majority of parents are FAR from wealthy...just making sacrifices so the kids can go to this school. I hate that Grace fans were taken as something that they are not. Apologies for any actions that could have been taken in the wrong way.

Not patting ourselves on the back, just loving and supporting our team. Trust me, the majority of parents are FAR from wealthy...just making sacrifices so the kids can go to this school. I hate that Grace fans were taken as something that they are not. Apologies for any actions that could have been taken in the wrong way.

PUHHHLEEEASE!! There is more money floatin around that place than there is tea in china. What do you consider far from wealthy? You should try dealing with a school system , players , and parents in a community where the average family income is below 20 grand per year. Thats not one parent income thats for the whole family. I didn't notice ONE person there who would come anywhere near falling in that category , simply by observing the cars in the parking lot.

PUHHHLEEEASE!! There is more money floatin around that place than there is tea in china. What do you consider far from wealthy? You should try dealing with a school system , players , and parents in a community where the average family income is below 20 grand per year. Thats not one parent income thats for the whole family. I didn't notice ONE person there who would come anywhere near falling in that category , simply by observing the cars in the parking lot.

There are people with alot of money at Grace and at the Church that support the school. But beleive me most of the people that have kids at grace are middle class, that is a fact you can choose to beleive it or not. The cost to go to Grace is the lowest of any private school in Knoxville. High school about $5,500 a year.