It's Official Now.......

Old Timer

Just got the email that USJ Board of Directors has voted to go D II starting with 2009 season. USJ has been assured that they will be playing in West TN Small School Div in all sports. Email states that numerous Private Schools currently in DI are getting ready to make the same move. I am interested, as a parent, how this is all going to play out for Private schools involved and the public schools. Let the discussions begin.....again...

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let the recruiting begin. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Seriously though, with the false perception around Madison County that the public schools aren`t very good it will be interesting to see how many kids will now try to enroll in private school if they can get financial aid.

Just got the email that USJ Board of Directors has voted to go D II starting with 2009 season. USJ has been assured that they will be playing in West TN Small School Div in all sports. Email states that numerous Private Schools currently in DI are getting ready to make the same move. I am interested, as a parent, how this is all going to play out for Private schools involved and the public schools. Let the discussions begin.....again...

I don't want to speculate ... well, yes I do ... I wonder who the other D1 privates that will be making the move are. I can see all the Jackson area privates (Fayette, Trinity, JCS) making the move. I can also see FRA, DCA and Ezell making the move. I guess we well find out soon. /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

I don't want to speculate ... well, yes I do ... I wonder who the other D1 privates that will be making the move are. I can see all the Jackson area privates (Fayette, Trinity, JCS) making the move. I can also see FRA, DCA and Ezell making the move. I guess we well find out soon. /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

Talk around town is JCS - yes. Trinity - No, since they are still single A in all sports.

I am not sure about Fayette Academy, but I have heard rumors that they are planning on moving also (this could be rumor and completely wrong, but pretty sure about the first two)

Talk around town is JCS - yes. Trinity - No, since they are still single A in all sports.

I am not sure about Fayette Academy, but I have heard rumors that they are planning on moving also (this could be rumor and completely wrong, but pretty sure about the first two)

Same thing I have heard........although I did overhear a conversation about reservations on the part of JCS due to the wording of their "mission" statement. Not sure what that was all about, yet I would think that anything in written form could be.....uh........rewritten?????????

Same thing I have heard........although I did overhear a conversation about reservations on the part of JCS due to the wording of their "mission" statement. Not sure what that was all about, yet I would think that anything in written form could be.....uh........rewritten?????????

Probably not...at least without a majority Board vote. I'm guessing that JCS is similar to other small Christian schools in that they try to take whoever comes to the door and don't have the kind of cash that prep schools do. Dunno for sure, just an educated guess

I could see Trinity getting hung up being forced to move to 2A - due to too many other small D1 privates leaving. Too many small D1's leave and each D1 class gets smaller (as a percent of the total). Suddenly, they are playing 2A.

When is the reorg date? It should be soon correct?

I could see Trinity getting hung up being forced to move to 2A - due to too many other small D1 privates leaving. Too many small D1's leave and each D1 class gets smaller (as a percent of the total). Suddenly, they are playing 2A.

When is the reorg date? It should be soon correct?

Re-Org starts with the 2009-2010 year.

You are correct about it affecting other schools. In single A basketball for instance, Humboldt and Union City were pushed down to single A when multiplier went in effect and put small privates in 2A. With so many privates coming out, would bet these large schools will be pushed back up to 2A, which will be a relief for the small single A schools in this area.

Re-Org starts with the 2009-2010 year.

You are correct about it affecting other schools. In single A basketball for instance, Humboldt and Union City were pushed down to single A when multiplier went in effect and put small privates in 2A. With so many privates coming out, would bet these large schools will be pushed back up to 2A, which will be a relief for the small single A schools in this area.

I know it is a consideration of Ezell and FCS here in middle TN. Ezell has been taking it on the chin for a while in 2A and their enrollment is falling due to their not so wonderful location in Antioch - and they are hoping to drop back down to 1A. FCS was just small enough to stay 1A last go around. With it going to 6 classes, I can't see them being anything lower than 2A - and maybe 3A if enough teams head for the D2.