Sullivan South vs. Greenville

UnholyWarcry1

They ain't but two things in Longhorn land son, steers and queers. I don't see no horns on your head. /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

HAHA that was an excellent burn. . . . . Well in my opinion the game tonight was EXTREMELY sloppy for both teams. Turnovers killed both teams. South just capitalized on Greenville's mistakes and Greenville didn't capitalize on South's mistakes. Once again i was highly disappointed with South's defense (passing and rushing) and i was disappointed with the offense until the second qt. rolled around and there was some life in the boys. All in all if we play like that vs. TH or Betsy or even East for that matter then you can expect to see a for sure loss.

SOUTH 3-0 Hopefully they'll keep the streak alive.

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Simmer down hillbilly, noone has said anything derogatory about anyone....they are just doubting the seriousness of the reported inquiries. It's highly unlikely any of the aforementioned schools would be actively persuing a QB with so little experience. Its kinda like speculating who in the NFL's gonna draft Jonathon Crompton....Not too many of us see that happening either.

I am simmered Granny. Ma has the biscuts and gravy ready and it is a beautiful mornin up here on the mountain overlookin Death Valley. Some of these ole boys kinda reminded me of the "lipstick on a pig" comments ya know? Heck, I might even invite Ole Cap over for a cup of coffe and we can sit here on tha porch and watch the Stars and Bars a flappin in tha wind! Your Greene Devils showed a lot of Grit and Class last night. Hard fought game by both teams on a muggy night. Mr Greenway showed one of the classiest thangs that I have ever seen on the field of battle last night, helping a cramped up Rebel (TJ Blanken) stretch his leg after the play was over! He also came out of the locker room long after the battle was over with a couple of his infantrymen to pay his respects to our field general. Pure Class!!!

Good luck to the Devils the rest of da way, I have a feelin we will be meetin again later on......

Rebel Nation /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

I bet you never dreamed that Eric Ainge would make an NFL roster either huh Barb? /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=" And there's NO WAY a QB could start an NFL game after never starting a college game in his career either is there? /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=" Meet Matt Cassell of the New England Patriots who hasn't started a game since high school. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> Point is, coaches on the collegiate and NFL level know just a tad bit more than the people posting on CoachT! /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

Volman, you reckon many people heard of Chad Pennington comin out of High School? I do believe he is still playing on Sundays. Speakin of QB's-I saw a pretty good un on the field at Death Valley last night. Said he was in fer tha game from the land of Cheese! Had a big red W on his chest. Fine fellar that boy is. Gotta see his brother make a heck uv a play too! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

I am simmered Granny. Ma has the biscuts and gravy ready and it is a beautiful mornin up here on the mountain overlookin Death Valley. Some of these ole boys kinda reminded me of the "lipstick on a pig" comments ya know? Heck, I might even invite Ole Cap over for a cup of coffe and we can sit here on tha porch and watch the Stars and Bars a flappin in tha wind! Your Greene Devils showed a lot of Grit and Class last night. Hard fought game by both teams on a muggy night. Mr Greenway showed one of the classiest thangs that I have ever seen on the field of battle last night, helping a cramped up Rebel (TJ Blanken) stretch his leg after the play was over! He also came out of the locker room long after the battle was over with a couple of his infantrymen to pay his respects to our field general. Pure Class!!!

Good luck to the Devils the rest of da way, I have a feelin we will be meetin again later on......

Rebel Nation /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Jordan is a class act dispite what rumors you might have heard. I'm glad that people have started to realize that for themselves instead of just assuming everything they have heard is true. If he and the rest of the Greene Devils keep doing the right things both on and off of the field the tide will eventually turn in their favor. I firmly believe that. Hope that South puts on a clinic for the rest of the season and we get to meet them later on down the road. I'm sure it will be another exciting chapter in this rekindled rivalry.

WAY TO GO REBS!!!!! Rebels 35 Devils 20

Hard hitting game, two really good teams!! Both made mistakes, South took more advantage of Greeneville's mistakes than Greenville took of South's.

Honestly the game could have went either way!

Both defense's had a difficult time containing both offense's.......

The spread offense continued to give South a fit, Pass defense seemed to be a little better this week. South's offense will pound and pound and pound, we had a consistent pass attack tonight and a descent run game. Denfense wise, we seemed to get better each series, and seemed to improve against a very good Devil offense.

Congrat to South, Lets keep on rolling!!!

Good Luck Greeneville, and who knows we maybe see you again in the playoffs, lot of games to be played between now and then!!!

If the 'Devils had won this game it would not have been an upset. Give Greeneville respect because they are a handful. If MoEast and MoWest beat Greenville then hold on to your pants Southers. Greeneville was ready for the running game. With 8 in the box all night they virtually shut Fletcher down. Notwithstanding his never give up runs in the 4th. You could see from the very first play we were flat. We never really woke up. Thanks to the multiple facets we have we were able to shift gears and continue to move. Kudos to (Mr.) KK, Spumoni, and (YEAH) Seth Watterson. Watterson's sickness is all but subsided and the evidence showed. Oh, and not to forget the gasoline...that would be Bradley. The Rebel D in all of it's shortcomings has a knack for capitolizing on opposing O's mistakes. How many tackles did Ty have? 18? Anyway, we needed this game to smack us into reality. I think it worked. When we come together and play a complete ballgame we will be unstoppable. Only thing I can think of is I would have given Clint the ball more to help confuse their D a little better. Good to get the win.

Greenville people...what a battle! I say we played flat but part of that was because you flattened us. With Barner healthy...different story. You succeeded in containing #15. I'm sure that was your goal. Our WR's were on and without a double team they will catch the ball. I think it's safe to say that the score did not tell the tale. Until we meet again...Rebel Nation.

Volman, you reckon many people heard of Chad Pennington comin out of High School? I do believe he is still playing on Sundays. Speakin of QB's-I saw a pretty good un on the field at Death Valley last night. Said he was in fer tha game from the land of Cheese! Had a big red W on his chest. Fine fellar that boy is. Gotta see his brother make a heck uv a play too! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

I believe I saw that Cheese Head myself, says he's redshirting... studying and waiting for his chance ......He was plenty proud of the REBEL WIN!!! not incredibly impressed, but glad anyway! My opinion, TF made the difference... even though G-ville shut him down for most of the game! SW getting onto the groove on the receptinons was a GREAT SIGN!!!! (that can only be GOOD news for the REBS) and AZ also made some BIG plays... both physically and mentally... THAT BOY GETS FIRED UP!!!!! Nice to SEE that intensity!!! We were able to keep things under control and still play our game... each week I believe we WILL mature and progress! So far we have been able to dodge the "bullet of defeat"! As long as we can do that and still improve.... things are going in our favor! Everyone has said from the start... this is a young team in regards to play makers.... We certainly have the talent... these players just haven't had the opportunity (or maybe the "need") to shine till NOW!!!! This team shows more balance since CP is gone.... Kudos to these kids for "hanging in there till their turn"!!!! GO REBELS!!! I thnk this is a compliment to Carter and Co.... they keep the boys heads in the game and on track!!!!!

Still waiting and hoping to see BT back... we certainly have work to do if we are to remain MLC Champs, But it is ours until someone is BIG ENOUGH TO TAKE IT FROM US!!!!... we certainlly have the talent to repeat....we remain the team to beat!!!!! Good win.... keep on working Rebs!

HAHA that was an excellent burn. . . . . Well in my opinion the game tonight was EXTREMELY sloppy for both teams. Turnovers killed both teams. South just capitalized on Greenville's mistakes and Greenville didn't capitalize on South's mistakes. Once again i was highly disappointed with South's defense (passing and rushing) and i was disappointed with the offense until the second qt. rolled around and there was some life in the boys. All in all if we play like that vs. TH or Betsy or even East for that matter then you can expect to see a for sure loss.

SOUTH 3-0 Hopefully they'll keep the streak alive.

Didn't South have only one turnover--the interception?? How can you say that "killed" South. And for the Rebel Defense--I thought they played pretty good. That GV offense and especially the QB had a great night and the Reb defense made some plays and came up big at times. I think that this GV offense was a very good offense and, yes, tested the Reb defense--but I thought Rebs played good on both sides of the ball.