Signal Mtn. School

RiverCityRage

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They are a public school. However they do not have a senior class and a half of a junior class. I have been told that the reason is they want to play down the 1st 4 years. If TSSAA allows this the will be state champs next year. They can pick and choose the kids off of the Mtn. They had 380 kids on the first day of school but will be double that size next year. Of course the 20 day number come from this year.

They are a public school. However they do not have a senior class and a half of a junior class. I have been told that the reason is they want to play down the 1st 4 years. If TSSAA allows this the will be state champs next year. They can pick and choose the kids off of the Mtn. They had 380 kids on the first day of school but will be double that size next year. Of course the 20 day number come from this year.

For the sake of TSSAA classification, they will adjust enrollment to account for "full" classes.

If they're found to be intentionally shortchanging their first year enrollment for sports purposes, knowing the school will quickly grow to its maximum, there will be more fuss raised over it than just a little.

Its too bad Signal Mountain is not private, then you would really have a burr in your saddle. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Why, because there are questions on if they're following the same rules as other public schools?

Are the public schools in Memphis, where particualarly basketball players are transferring almost every year, following the same rules? Did Ravenwood and Independence follow the same rules when they played in state championship games after only being opened a few years? Is Stone Memorial which has had a great deal of success following the same rules? Do Maryville and Alcoa follow the same rules in football?

I have no reason to believe that any of these schools are violating the rules.

Why are you asking only about Signal Mountain and not these other schools?

Are the public schools in Memphis, where particualarly basketball players are transferring almost every year, following the same rules? Did Ravenwood and Independence follow the same rules when they played in state championship games after only being opened a few years? Is Stone Memorial which has had a great deal of success following the same rules? Do Maryville and Alcoa follow the same rules in football?

When you answer above, go ahead and add Liberty Magnet school in Jackson (back to back State Champs in boys basketball in a few years of existance) and Madison Academic Girls basketball to the list.....funny how all of the athletes are "lucky" enough to be drawn in the lottery for these schools.

Good Post. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

It is a big topic of conversation around Chattanooga, on and off the message boards. When the coach was at Soddy-Daisy, Red Bank supporters implied he "recruited" players who would have been at their program, including a starting quarterback if I remember right. An article just in the paper yesterday stated the school didn't accept out of zone students except from a couple of underperforming middle schools in Chattanooga, that wouldn't affect the high school portion of the school. An earlier article stated athletes on the football team previously attended basically every private school in Chattanooga plus Red Bank (their zoned school if not attending a private), and added "as well as other schools" but only listed Brainerd among the "others." Who are the others, who knows, nothing has been mentioned on it since. Their supporters' cockiness over beating junior varsity programs by big scores only adds to the uproar.