Gibson Co. @ TCA

GCPioneer

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You are right about one thing, Jabriel was the difference all right. The reason they lost, that is. 8-17 for 163 yards passing with two interceptions and GC dropped two more. If he had any rushings yards, maybe he had 40. Once again you have proven your ineptness when it comes to posting on CoachT. By the way someone can't throw for 4 TDs if the team only scored 24 pts and had a field goal as well.

Bob, you need to give the kid a break. HE IS ONLY A SOPHOMORE AND 15 YEARS OLD!!!! He made play after play in the pocket just to keep plays alive to find an open receiver. He had about a 72 yard run called back from a penalty that would not have even had affect on the play. Yes, he threw a couple of interceptions, but that happens.

Congrats to the Pioneers. They were just too big for the Lions in the end. Yes, everybody did know they were going to run, but nobody knew they were going to run a reverse naked boot leg. High risk yields high reward. Hill had a hole to run through everytime and found it and did his job. The play that was difference was the int returned for a TD and the end of the first half... with TCA players trying to strip the ball instead of tackle. Gibson Co., you gotta work on the kicking game, will def cost you in a game, almost did in this one.

Bob, you are way off base. Jabriel didnt have his best game its true but trying to blame the loss on him is absurd! I could list a dozen or more things that could have changed the outcome and I wouldn't have to name any names. The two TD's that were called back due to penalties would top the list.

Gibson County played a good game and executed well. In the end, they were able to mount the momentum they needed to make a great run against a very tired TCA team. Size does matter. Did you notice how many TCA players never left the field the entire game? But they never gave up and fought hard right up to the end. The loss is nothing to be ashamed of; it was a very hard fought victory for GC and an exciting game start to finish.

You are right about one thing, Jabriel was the difference all right. The reason they lost, that is. 8-17 for 163 yards passing with two interceptions and GC dropped two more. If he had any rushings yards, maybe he had 40. Once again you have proven your ineptness when it comes to posting on CoachT. By the way someone can't throw for 4 TDs if the team only scored 24 pts and had a field goal as well.

Look at how many passes your wide receivers dropped that should've been caught! You're a joke! I know I saw atleast 4 passes that should've been caught and were dropped. You say he had maybe 40 rushing yards! Once again you're a joke! He had 40 rushing yards on 1 play and that set up the last TD for TCA. If TCA did not have the player in Jabriel Washington, TCA would be bad this year. I said 3 or 4 TD passes. It should've been 4 but your WR's dropped the open pass.

Trinity players have nothing to be ashamed of (except maybe the runback at the end of the first half). But even at that, you can't blame one player. It looked like every player on the team got a hand on him and could not make the tackle.

8 players played both ways. On a hot, humid night against a bigger, deeper team, it is amazing we kept the score close, and had a bonafide chance to win. The reason GC did not break the game open is the kicking game. Our kicker, who plays fullback and outside linebacker put most of his kickoffs in the end zone. He made his PATs, field goal, and set GC back deep with his punts. He also caught a touchdown pass. This one player scored 12 of TCA's 24 points.

But, IMHO if GC had a kicking game, TCA would not have been able to swap leads and hang in there.

For those that doubt this Jabriel Washington kid: I think they are missing the boat on this one. I would encourage those to go to youtube and watch the highlight package from his freshman year. Jabriel Washington is VERY VERY GOOD. This kid just started his sophmore season. The hype is real.....doesn't really matter if some belive it or not. It's real enough he is drawing interest form the SEC and the Big 12 already and to think some on here even doubt the big time evaluations from the people that make a living doing this stuff. Go figure!!! Doesn't really matter what people think on here.......this kid is for real and the people that doubt him will look like fools when all is said and done....of course those same people will act as if they never doubted him by that time and will probably jump on the Jabriel Washington bandwagon in a couple of years. I believe in this Kid and will put my money on the evaluations from the experts and not the West TN doubters that seem to think they know everything. This kid probably has as much if not more raw atletic ability as any player in the state right now and wil certainly get quicker, faster, and stronger each season. I don't claim to know as much as alot of posters about highschool football but i'm not in the dark either. I know 10 times more about baksetball but I know football to. This kid is the REAL DEAL. BTW, didn't TCA lose it's entire O Line from last season? If not I stand corrected.

from 4/5/2008

Athlete Jabriel Washington class of 2011 from Trinity Christian Reply

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

StudentSports,

Here is a name to keep an eye on for the future. He just returned home from the

National Underclassmen Combine in Memphis run by Coach Schuman and sponsered by

Rivals. He was named the WR MVP for the Combine. He ran a 4.6 40 and had a broad

jump of 8'5". He dominated everyone in the one on one session part of the

combine, competing against all the Melrose kids and alot of the great memphis

athletes. He's going to be Sophmore next season. He also will be attending the

Nike Combine in Houston, TX in May. He's a special player in the making. We have had several coaches already

contact the school inquiring about him UCLA, Texas, and Cal just to name a few

not realizing he was just going to be Sophmore. He will be heavily recruited

there's no doubt. Thanks for all your help.

Allen Maxwell

Assistant Football Coach

Trinity Christain Academy

10 Windy City Rd

Jackson, TN 38305

(731) 668-8500

Jackson sun

JABRIEL WASHINGTON

Trinity Christian Academy

Sophomore

Quarterback/defensive back

5-11, 165

Why he was the 2007 freshman of the year: Totaled 1,254 all-purpose yards and 13 touchdowns and offense and intercepted four passes on defense.

This year: The athlete that has already received interest and offers from around the country, but will move from receiver to quarterback this season as the offense returns one player.

Jabriel Washington

Rivals 7/14/2008

The Latest: Sophomore sensation has UGA's attention ??” 7/14/2008

A stellar athlete in the South is getting attention like he will be entering his senior year in the coming months. Instead, he is only a rising sophomore and he has already reeled in five verbal offers.

Jabriel Washington

7/31/2008 M A X P R E P S

By Stephen Spiewak

Football Notebook: More Sophomores to Watch

Jabriel Washington, Jay Rome, and Tyrone Johnson are other 2011 players to keep an eye on.

Jabriel Washington is a talented athlete at Trinity Christian (Tenn.) I got to see him first hand at the adidas 7-on-7 held at the University of Tennessee. He??™s about 6-foot-1, and can play a number of positions.

He seems to project best in the secondary at the next level, but he plays quarterback and wide receiver for Trinity Christian. He has early offers from Arkansas, Oregon, Texas A&M, Boston College, and Colorado.

Enough said!!!!!!!!!!!! There is more!!!!!!!!! This is just a sample of what people are saying about Jabriel Washington. When this kid plays GETCHA POPCORN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Look at how many passes your wide receivers dropped that should've been caught! You're a joke! I know I saw atleast 4 passes that should've been caught and were dropped. You say he had maybe 40 rushing yards! Once again you're a joke! He had 40 rushing yards on 1 play and that set up the last TD for TCA. If TCA did not have the player in Jabriel Washington, TCA would be bad this year. I said 3 or 4 TD passes. It should've been 4 but your WR's dropped the open pass.

GCPioneer, you are right on target. Thanks for coming to Jabriel's defense. He is amazing for a 15 year old 10th grader. He is not the college athlete people expect to see. I appreciate you buffering some of the pressure he is bound to be feeling. Without Jabriel, we would be back to 10 years ago, when we shot off fireworks if we scored a touchdown.

Bob, you are way off base. Jabriel didnt have his best game its true but trying to blame the loss on him is absurd! I could list a dozen or more things that could have changed the outcome and I wouldn't have to name any names. The two TD's that were called back due to penalties would top the list.

Gibson County played a good game and executed well. In the end, they were able to mount the momentum they needed to make a great run against a very tired TCA team. Size does matter. Did you notice how many TCA players never left the field the entire game? But they never gave up and fought hard right up to the end. The loss is nothing to be ashamed of; it was a very hard fought victory for GC and an exciting game start to finish.

Sorry to be the one to open the blinds here, but if you are going to say he is the difference when they win, then be prepared when he has a bad game to call it what it is. The real problem in that game was play calling. The other offensive weapons were barely used and then to not go for the two point conversion when up 23-19 was, quite frankly, something you would expect from a first year coaching staff. Not meant to be mean, just calling it like it is. JW is definitely a great player, no question.

yankees, after I saw Jabriel last year against us I knew he was the real deal as a Freshman. He was quicker than our fastest person last year and was only a Freshman last year! I saw him at the JCS/Fayette Acad. game a couple of weeks ago and you can tell my looking at him in street clothes that he's an athlete. If I didn't know who he was, by looking at him I could've told he's a big time athlete somewhere. The hype is real and when people say they left the game scratching their head they need to realize the kid is only a Sophomore and still has 2 more years of high school ball! That means he'll get bigger, faster, and stronger if he keeps his work ethic up.

tcamom, I didn't mean to bash the rest of the TCA team by saying that if Jabriel wasn't on that team that they wouldn't be so good as they have alot of athletes on that team. #12 was really impressive with his catches and runs. I'll say this, Gibson Co. WRAPPED UP the ball carriers last night! We had very few missed tackles and that's pretty good considering the speed of #12 and Jabriel. Best of Luck to TCA this year!

So Bob, It goes from Jabriel's fault to now the coaches fault for play calling? It was a good game for both teams as both teams had their ups and downs. Jabriel may have thrown 2 interceptions but GC also fumbled the ball in CRUCIAL possessions. Turnovers are apart of the game. TCA is good and will win several more games. Good Luck!