Jefferson Co. @ Morr. East

ernieg

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As a Morristown West fan, I normally root for East if they are not playing West (always try to be a Morristown fan), but after Canefan72 said the following concerning the West/Jeff game it is hard for me to root for East in this one:

"I would love to see this one myself but I have to go see my canes opener. As a devoted East fan, GO Pats!!

Pats by at least 14."

However, I will not hold one person's opinion against the entire school and hope East finds a way to win. If Jeff finds a way to stop Tee Howell, then apparently East will be stopped (at least that is the way it sounded and read for East against Crockett). And I will be the first to say, Jeff is no Crockett!! Not having McFall will hurt Jeff, but they are not a one person team.

I wish our East side bothers well, but I do not think they have the fire power to stay with Jeff (even without McFall). East has squeaked out 2 wins against teams that I feel are very inferior the the talent and ability that is on the East sideline. And again, I must say, I have not seen East in person, but I know the athletes they have on the sideline and they are very good athletes. But there seems to be something that is holding them back or that is keeping them from playing up to their potential. I do not see this game being the one that allows East to put the pieces together for a win against a much better opponent then they have played this year.

To be opposite of Canefan72 and to be true to my Morristown roots, I will say Go Canes, but I do not see this being a win for them.

As a Morristown West fan, I normally root for East if they are not playing West (always try to be a Morristown fan), but after Canefan72 said the following concerning the West/Jeff game it is hard for me to root for East in this one:

"I would love to see this one myself but I have to go see my canes opener. As a devoted East fan, GO Pats!!

Pats by at least 14."

However, I will not hold one person's opinion against the entire school and hope East finds a way to win. If Jeff finds a way to stop Tee Howell, then apparently East will be stopped (at least that is the way it sounded and read for East against Crockett). And I will be the first to say, Jeff is no Crockett!! Not having McFall will hurt Jeff, but they are not a one person team.

I wish our East side bothers well, but I do not think they have the fire power to stay with Jeff (even without McFall). East has squeaked out 2 wins against teams that I feel are very inferior the the talent and ability that is on the East sideline. And again, I must say, I have not seen East in person, but I know the athletes they have on the sideline and they are very good athletes. But there seems to be something that is holding them back or that is keeping them from playing up to their potential. I do not see this game being the one that allows East to put the pieces together for a win against a much better opponent then they have played this year.

To be opposite of Canefan72 and to be true to my Morristown roots, I will say Go Canes, but I do not see this being a win for them.

Is East Playing to their potential? East has played really well for 2 Quarter in each of their 2 wins.

We need to give Crockett & Karns alittle respect. Both teams played as hard as they could. A win is a win.

I agree, East will have to play better, if they want to win Friday night. I really like what I saw in the 2nd half

last week.This is the 1st year that Morristown East has been ranked ahead of Morristown West.East is having

too adjust to being the front runner.

Jefferson Co. Will be a good test for Morristown East. Win or lose we will know what we need to work on.

Good luck too both teams. GO CANES!

I've not seen either team, but I happen to have good knowledge from those who have. On paper, East is the favorite, but games are not played on paper. Given that, McFall's injury will be tough for the Patriots to overcome, but maybe it works in JCHS favor this week with East not knowing what to prepare for at the QB spot. I really like the coaching job that Justin Anderson has done at JCHS, and I'm glad to see him doing well. He's a good guy. For East, I don't think they have played to their potential, and the coaching is probably to blame for that. In a coaching matchup, I would favor JCHS slightly over East (I'm just not sold on Hatcher being a great coach). If I was East, I would get the ball in Tee Howell's hands as much as possible, but his numbers won't be as big this week against JCHS like they were in the previous two games (with a great second half at Crockett). With that said, playing the game in Morristown could give East a slight advantage, but I think JCHS will be anxious to avoid the Hamblen County sweep in this one. Probably wouldn't hurt for JCHS to try a passing game against East, who had their secondary and linebackers exposed by the quick passing game against Karns where they got plenty of balls to the running backs.

JCHS 17, East 14

Pats by at least 14."

LEE!!!!!!!!! You have got to learn to take a joke!!!!!!!! I am proud of the trojans. I know several kids over there personally and am a fan of Lamar. I was just kiddin' with the pat and trojan fans. The only time I do not pull for the trojans is if they are playing east or a trojan loss helps east in the standings.

Should be an interesting game, biggest question for JC IMO is how much will the offense change with Darby at QB instead of McFall. Last week is some indication, but Darby was just thrown in the fire with no specific gameplan tailored to his skill set. Will we see a more balanced run/pass attack, or continue to bang away with the run game as much as possible(kinda hoping for the latter). We haven't lost to East in lord knows how long, I`m sure they're more than ready to see our win streak end.

Shouldn't happen this year however

Is East Playing to their potential? East has played really well for 2 Quarter in each of their 2 wins.

We need to give Crockett & Karns alittle respect. Both teams played as hard as they could. A win is a win.

I agree, East will have to play better, if they want to win Friday night. I really like what I saw in the 2nd half

last week.This is the 1st year that Morristown East has been ranked ahead of Morristown West.East is having

too adjust to being the front runner.

Jefferson Co. Will be a good test for Morristown East. Win or lose we will know what we need to work on.

Good luck too both teams. GO CANES!

I believe that East has the better athletes, especially with the injuries to the Pats, but I do not know if they will be able to put an entire game together this early. I am hoping for a Hamblen County sweep, but know that East will have to play 4 quarters to win this one. As for respect, I respect anyone who plays the game. Any team can lose or win and that is why the game is played. I respect East for doing what they had to do to get the wins, but Jeff is not a Crockett or a Karns (again, said with respect, but also with reality). If East plays their game and takes the game to Jeff, the Canes will win. However, if East allows Jeff's backfield to get going it will be a very long night for the Canes. As for being ranked above West, I will have to wait for this game to see if that sticks.