JCS Weekly Report

JaxMan

Game Summary

JCS and Davidson Academy met last year at the Eagles nest for a classic high school battle...JCS ended up scoring late to make it 24-17...this year was a mirror image...JCS kicked off to open the game and the Bears went right to work taking the ball inside the 10 on it's opening drive...just as it appeared they would score JCS Dillon Copeland came up with a big interception in the end zone to stop the drive...JCS moved the ball out to around mid field and then stalled and had to punt it away...early in the second quarter with the score still knotted at zero all, the Bears once again drove into Eagle territory only to be stopped by a Jonathan Payne interception...this time the Eagles made the most of it as Cody Jones launched a long pass that at first appeared might be picked...but Logan Perkins went up and over the defender to come down with the ball and race into the end zone giving the Eagles a 7-0 lead at the half...JCS first drive of the 2nd half was short lived and after three and out were forced to punt it away...DA's Williams came out inspired in the 2nd half and quickly broke off one long run after another until the game stood knotted at 7-7...Jones and the Eagles quicly countered on a 78 yard strike to Perkins again and the Eagles regained the upper hand...late in the 3rd quarter Williams struck again on a long run and once again the game was tied at 14 all...JCS took the ball and drove into the red zone but a sack pushed them back and on 4th down Jones knocked home a field goal to give the Eagles a 17-14 lead as the quarter expired...The Bears drove the field and knotted the game early in the 4th quarter...JCS and DA both struggled to take the lead until the Bears stuck it in with 12.3 seconds left to take the first lead of the game...unforunately for the Eagles it was too late to over come...Final Davidson Academy 24...JCS 17...

Noteworthy

JCS is very banged up suffering a couple more injuries last night and we have yet to hit the real physical part of our season...

I am filing this report from Pikeville KY as I await the Lambuth kick-off later today...hope my other Eagles can get me a win this weekend...

Player of the Game

Logan Perkins...2 huge grabs and racing to the end zone...big night

Honorable Mention

Jonathan Payne...big pick and lots of tackles

Dillon Copeland...big pick to save a score

Matt Reed...a lot of tackles and an excellent game all night

Next Week

Homecoming at the Eagles Nest as we host Gibson County...

I'm not hiding, I've been to every game except for last week, great job with the call of the game by the way. The Bar-b-q is going to be a while still trying to get the house built back. Our Contractor says we should be in by Halloween. Then I will have to put the finishing touch on the smoker. I will have you and Jimmy over some time after that, we can watch a ball game on the deck and have some great Bar-b-q. I just hope that I can cook as well with the new smoker, as I could with the old one. Your friend JJ.

GO EAGLES!!!!

I'm not hiding, I've been to every game except for last week, great job with the call of the game by the way. The Bar-b-q is going to be a while still trying to get the house built back. Our Contractor says we should be in by Halloween. Then I will have to put the finishing touch on the smoker. I will have you and Jimmy over some time after that, we can watch a ball game on the deck and have some great Bar-b-q. I just hope that I can cook as well with the new smoker, as I could with the old one. Your friend JJ.

GO EAGLES!!!!

Glad you enjoyed the broadcast.

Look me up Friday night before the game.

BBQ.............MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM!!!!!!!!!!!