JPII at MBA

savestheday798

hahah i actually watched that. Tanner tried to block number 6 of hillsburo and ended up getting drilled in the mouth and pretty much knocked on his butt so i think he felt a little embarrassed and took his anger out on number 6, five seconds after the play was over haha. But i have to give tanner credit for running a superb stop and go to give MBA a key TD. i love seeing those two teams go at it.

One last thought on this game. Last year when the season was over, after playing Independence, Ensworth, Ryan twice, and BA twice I thought Hillsboro was the best team we played. Coach McGugin has said that Hillsboro is the best team we have played to this point, better then Moeller. I hope the series continues.

good luck to the BIG RED vs JP2....should be a good game unless MBA fixes their small problems

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

come on be logical. MBA could have and i think should have lost that game. MBA has a stout D but there Offence seems to be pretty poor. They had one TD and scored off a blocked FG. not saying to much about their O. Hillsburo beat themselves esspecially with injuries ( crutcher and corey jordan)

I promise this is the last time. MBA has 2 Senior starters out too, the center and a D Lineman. One of our other Dlineman was playing with one arm. Everybody has injuries, teams have to play through it.

PJPII's quarterback (sophomore I believe) has a nice arm, and they looked pretty efficient on their first drive, taking a 7-3 lead - I think MBA's first deficit this year.

The game turned on a beautiful 60+ yard punt by MBA in the second quarter with a slim 10-7 lead, which led to poor PJPII field position and ultimately a blocked punt, which MBA turned into a TD, and then the snowball started rolling.

Two thoughts:

1) This is the first time in a long while where I have seen significant underclassman contributions, both in first team play and backup play. The future looks pretty darn good for MBA.

2) For all of the controversy surrounding the coaching turnover after the 2006 season, new daddy Daniel McGugin is 18-0 as MBA's coach.

RRR

PJPII's quarterback (sophomore I believe) has a nice arm, and they looked pretty efficient on their first drive, taking a 7-3 lead - I think MBA's first deficit this year.

The game turned on a beautiful 60+ yard punt by MBA in the second quarter with a slim 10-7 lead, which led to poor PJPII field position and ultimately a blocked punt, which MBA turned into a TD, and then the snowball started rolling.

Two thoughts:

1) This is the first time in a long while where I have seen significant underclassman contributions, both in first team play and backup play. The future looks pretty darn good for MBA.

2) For all of the controversy surrounding the coaching turnover after the 2006 season, new daddy Daniel McGugin is 18-0 as MBA's coach.

RRR

Yeah, it's been a while since I've seen Hoosierdad or some of the other whiners on here. I guess 18 in a wins will do that to you.

Yeah, it's been a while since I've seen Hoosierdad or some of the other whiners on here. I guess 18 in a wins will do that to you.

Some bartender somewhere is hearing all about his glorious "breaking" of the Coach Rutlege story and how all us shills for the school will see someday that he was right.

Congrats to Coach M on the win and the new addition...Given his work ethic, I'm sure the baby's late-night feeding schedule will coincide perfectly with his film sessions.