Jo Byrns vs. Forrest

FridayMainEvent

Winner?  

51 members have voted

1. 1. Winner?

I noticed several Forrest folks at the JB/E. Robertson game back in week 1. I asked one of them if they were scouting and he said yes. Any Forrest folks (on coach t) go to that game? If so, what'd you think of JB?

Probably not many adults made the trip.

Does Forrest have a local paper that reports on their football team. We have the Robertson County Times.

Yes, The Marshall Tribune. It comes out twice a week, and one full time sports reporter covers all three high schools, middle schools, etc. in every sport. The guy who used to have that job covers Lewisburg and Cornersville sometimes. A Lewisburg lady wrote a letter to the editor a couple of weeks ago complaning about how Chapel Hill (Forrest) got all the coverage. BooHoo. We got the short end of the stick for a lot of years. The online version isn't worth much.

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Probably not many adults made the trip.

Yes, The Marshall Tribune. It comes out twice a week, and one full time sports reporter covers all three high schools, middle schools, etc. in every sport. The guy who used to have that job covers Lewisburg and Cornersville sometimes. A Lewisburg lady wrote a letter to the editor a couple of weeks ago complaning about how Chapel Hill (Forrest) got all the coverage. BooHoo. We got the short end of the stick for a lot of years. The online version isn't worth much.

Bummer I was hoping to read some articles on how your year was going. I'm not sure that the East game would do much to help anyway. We have improved a lot since that game.

All I'll say for now, is keep your heads up, Rockets. Don't let the name "Jo Byrns" do to you what "Moore County" did to teams in years past (yes, I am old). Any team can win or lose on any given night. Believe in yourselves like your fans believe in you. You can beat anybody you want. Make us proud!! Go Rockets!!

Couldnt have said it better myself. The main obstacle the Rockets have to overcome is the name Jo Byrns, and all of their studs are gone from last year. Sure they are 4-0, but they have beaten a 1-3 East Robertson team, an 0-4 Clarksville Academy squad, 1-3 Unionville, and last week beat an "ok" MTCS team with a 3-1 record. So their opponents have a combined 5-11 record. They are ranked as high as they are, like many others in the rankings because of reputation. They can be easy beaten with a little confidence.

Bottom line is, neither of these teams have has a legitimate test this season. I think Nan hit the nail on the head with the MC- JB analogy. Any team is beatable on any night as long as you believe it is possible.

Couldnt have said it better myself. The main obstacle the Rockets have to overcome is the name Jo Byrns, and all of their studs are gone from last year. Sure they are 4-0, but they have beaten a 1-3 East Robertson team, an 0-4 Clarksville Academy squad, 1-3 Unionville, and last week beat an "ok" MTCS team with a 3-1 record. So their opponents have a combined 5-11 record. They are ranked as high as they are, like many others in the rankings because of reputation. They can be easy beaten with a little confidence.

Bottom line is, neither of these teams have has a legitimate test this season. I think Nan hit the nail on the head with the MC- JB analogy. Any team is beatable on any night as long as you believe it is possible.

Michael!! Where have you been, dude? Good to hear from you!!

Michael!! Where have you been, dude? Good to hear from you!!

I don't know him, but the way he came out and tee-d off on Joe Burns was pretty impressive. Welcome back.......... /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" />

A Lewisburg lady wrote a letter to the editor a couple of weeks ago complaning about how Chapel Hill (Forrest) got all the coverage. BooHoo. We got the short end of the stick for a lot of years. The online version isn't worth much.

Gotta love those Lewisburg Fans....want the paper, FM.....ahhhhh never mind /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

I don't know him, but the way he came out and tee-d off on Joe Burns was pretty impressive. Welcome back.......... /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" />

He's one of our "old" players, graduated after my son and before my daughter. Always liked him!!

Gotta love those Lewisburg Fans....want the paper, FM.....ahhhhh never mind /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Dead Gum, Lee, thought you had dropped off the face of the earth! Glad to see ya, Buddy! I tried to call you a couple of times during the Forrest jamboree. You cell phone number change?

One other thing, you missed the best 1A half time show you'll see this year. Community and Cascade's bands performed last week and I don't think you'll ever see two better 1A bands on the same field at halftime............ Okay, I'm now editing this post because I have myself wondering if I'm talking to the right person. For some reason I was thinking that Lee was "VoiceoftheRockets"... Do I have the right person or not?

One other thing, you missed the best 1A half time show you'll see this year. Community and Cascade's bands performed last week and I don't think you'll ever see two better 1A bands on the same field at halftime............ Okay, I'm not editing this post because I have myself wondering if I'm talking to the right person. For some reason I was thinking that Lee was "VoiceoftheRockets"... Do I have the right person or not?

Yeah it me man. Got moved to a different region this year.

Dead Gum, Lee, thought you had dropped off the face of the earth! Glad to see ya, Buddy! I tried to call you a couple of times during the Forrest jamboree. You cell phone number change?

I thought he did, too. I sent him a PM the other day to see if he was alive. Can't believe he's in Corn-town. /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" />