Nashville V. Memphis

Guest caligula

Guest caligula

Is it YOMAC?? Well the Thunder beat them yesterday in the AAU games, and stated that Nashville is where its at in TN. As quoted in the Maryville Daily Times.

The 15 and under YOMCA team was hands down better then any other team. Memphis Bellevue, Idlewild, 2nd Presbyterian, and YOMCA have better history then any other team in TN, excluding the Travelers who choose not to play AAU.

In the 17 and under bracket, the YOMCA 16's were the only team to advance out of pool play, so maybe the thunder beat YOMCA's 17's...if they did, congratulations...but don't make a thread like that just to stir trouble.

Nashville vs Memphis is closer in football then it is in Basketball...and Memphis is possibly better then Nashville if you take out some of the other counties like Williamson or Davidson, as opposed to Memphis' one Shelby.

Melvin Wilks, Dee Burchett, McFadgeon, etc. those guys are not 17 year olds. I don't know about Dee Wilkes and some of the others. The YOMAC team was definitely missing Byars and some that didn't make the trip. I believe they had another player or two when they beat the Thunder in AAU state championship earlier in the summer. With that said, Watson, Winchester, and Asumnu are not from Nashville or even from Tennessee. Nashvegas has a lot of talent, but Memphis is freaking loaded.....

Guest caligula

Don't get mad at me. I was just brigging up a topic that was addressed in a paper that only maybe 5 people on this board read. I just thought it was a bold comment. I know Maryville hasn't been to state. :confused:

THIS IS A FUNNY POST. THE MARYVILLE PAPER SAID THIS. THE MARYVILLE PAPER IS SILLY. THE NASHVILLE AREA HAD GOTTEN BETTER IN THE LAST FEW YEARS AND THE UPCOMING CROP IS PRETTY GOOD, BUT PEOPLE PLEASE. IF MEMPHIS WOULD HAVE BROUGHT BYARS AND JEREMY HUNT AND JOHNNIE JACKSON OR ATTIBA ALEXANDER THIS WOULD NOT HAVE BEEN A CLOSE GAME. I COVER THE STATE AND DO NOT HAVE A BIAS AS FAR AS ANY AREA BECUASE I DID NOT GROW UP HERE BUT EVERYONE EVERYWHERE KNOWS THAT THE BEST ATHLETES AND PROSPECTS WITH THE EXCEPTION OF A FEW COME FROM MEMPHIS LIKE IT OR NOT. THERE WERE 8 KIDS FROM MEMPHIS AT THE NIKE CAMP NO OTHER CITY IN AMERICA CAN MAKE THAT CLAIM.