Independence @ Lincoln Co.

falconfan01

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Falcons fall 15-16 on a last second field goal from 38 yards out by Indy. The problem I saw was the play calling for LC with 6 and a half minutes to go in the game, to conservative. You have got to get some first downs insted of going 4 and out. Indy stuffed the run all night and our coaches called only runs up the middle from about 6:30 left, on. Somebody said Indy could not stop the run, they did a heck of a job stopping it tonight. Early LC's D brought the heat on Heckman, I hope that's his name I'm sorry if I got it wrong, but backed off late in the game and he beat us. Congrats to Indy, and come LC coaches don't be afraid to open it up a little.

LC blocked 2 punts and 1 field goal and Indy still pulled it out.

How did Indy look on offense? You said LC got some heat on Heckman (you are correct on the name), what changed later in the game? Did the o-line just start playing better? And did Indy try to run the ball more than twice?

How did Indy look on offense? You said LC got some heat on Heckman (you are correct on the name), what changed later in the game? Did the o-line just start playing better? And did Indy try to run the ball more than twice?

Ran the ball quite a bit, maybe because we blitzed early and then Indy went back to the pass. Had a 30 yard TD pass when LC was up 15 to 7 which brought it to 15-13, with about 7:00 to go, 2 point failed. LC 4 and out Indy moved it down to fieldgoal range with a mix of run and pass had the kick blocked. LC 4 and out Indy with 46 seconds gets the ball on LC's side of the field. Heckman throws 2 passes to Indy's side line and one to LC's sideline a couple of runs mixed in 6 seconds left, 38 yard field goal, looked like it would have went from 48. 1 second left on the clock for the kickoff. I saw one of LC's players take an Indy player to the ground and with his hands hold the Indy players face to the ground. Things happened like that last year as well. LC's players will read this and get mad at me, but players on any team should show a little class and act your age not your shoe size. I can't stand a sore loser. Some players will say "they were running their mouths", be the bigger man and show a little class. I thought they looked good on offense overall as well as on D.

Didn't go just got the text with the final. LC was up 15-6. Indy pulled to 15-13 in the 4th and kicked a last second fg for the win.

I WOULD LIKE TO SAY THAT IT WAS AN UPSET THE PLAYERS NEED TO KNOW THAT THEY DID NOT LOOSE THIS GAME THE COACHING DID. UP THE MIDDLE UP THE MIDDLE OH LETS CHANGE IT UP LETS GO UP THE MIDDLE. I WOULD ALSO LIKE TO COMMENT TO THE PLAYERS THAT YOU ARE A TEAM YOU WIN TOGETHER AND YOU LOOSE TOGETHER ITS NOT ONE PERSON WHO LOOSES OR WINS ITS ALL 70 + OF YOU GUYS IM SURE YOU CANT LOOK BACK AT THE FILM AND SAY THAT YOU PLAYED A FLAWLESS GAME YOU PLAYERS NEED TO FIND A MOTIVATION AND GO WITH IT YOU ARE NOT GOING TO GET IT FROM THE COACHES YOU HAVE TO FIND IT WITHIN YOURSELFS I HOPE THAT THE COACHES ARE READING THIS - COACHES AT THE END OF THE GAME IF YOU CAN SAY I DID ALL I CAN TO TRAIN, PREPARE AND MOTIVATE THESE PLAYERS THEN YOU HAVE DONE YOUR JOB AND FROM WHERE IM SITTING I DONT SEE A COACH THAT IS CAPABLE OF MOTIVATING ANYTHING PLAYERS GO ON THE FIELD AS A TEAM AND PLEASE LEAVE OFF THE FIELD AS A TEAM THOSE WHO MADE THREATS TO FIGHT ALL THE PLAYERS WHO SCREWED UP REMEMBER HOW MUCH YOU HAVE MESSED UP AND THE TEAM HAS LET YOU BACK ON THE FIELD WITH THEM. LETS PICK OURSELVES UP AND GET READY FOR OUR NEXT GAME

I WOULD LIKE TO SAY THAT IT WAS AN UPSET THE PLAYERS NEED TO KNOW THAT THEY DID NOT LOOSE THIS GAME THE COACHING DID. UP THE MIDDLE UP THE MIDDLE OH LETS CHANGE IT UP LETS GO UP THE MIDDLE. I WOULD ALSO LIKE TO COMMENT TO THE PLAYERS THAT YOU ARE A TEAM YOU WIN TOGETHER AND YOU LOOSE TOGETHER ITS NOT ONE PERSON WHO LOOSES OR WINS ITS ALL 70 + OF YOU GUYS IM SURE YOU CANT LOOK BACK AT THE FILM AND SAY THAT YOU PLAYED A FLAWLESS GAME YOU PLAYERS NEED TO FIND A MOTIVATION AND GO WITH IT YOU ARE NOT GOING TO GET IT FROM THE COACHES YOU HAVE TO FIND IT WITHIN YOURSELFS I HOPE THAT THE COACHES ARE READING THIS - COACHES AT THE END OF THE GAME IF YOU CAN SAY I DID ALL I CAN TO TRAIN, PREPARE AND MOTIVATE THESE PLAYERS THEN YOU HAVE DONE YOUR JOB AND FROM WHERE IM SITTING I DONT SEE A COACH THAT IS CAPABLE OF MOTIVATING ANYTHING PLAYERS GO ON THE FIELD AS A TEAM AND PLEASE LEAVE OFF THE FIELD AS A TEAM THOSE WHO MADE THREATS TO FIGHT ALL THE PLAYERS WHO SCREWED UP REMEMBER HOW MUCH YOU HAVE MESSED UP AND THE TEAM HAS LET YOU BACK ON THE FIELD WITH THEM. LETS PICK OURSELVES UP AND GET READY FOR OUR NEXT GAME

Congrats to Indy on a good comeback win, we had all kinds of chances to put them away and the offense couldn't get 1 first down, that's all it would have took there on that last series that we had the ball. When you intercept the ball, run it down to around the ten and can't get any points from it, thats not good. We couldn't get anything going on offense period, nothing. We squandered a couple of chances to score later in the game also, and that always seems to come back to haunt us every time. The last couple of games, the teams that we played made mistakes and we took advantage of them by scoring points, tonight we did nothing on offense and paid the price for it. The defense played a good game but, gave out there at the end, because they had to play virtually the whole second half, because we couldn't get a first down when we really needed it. Indy looked like they knew what play we were going to run on offense before we ran it, all night long. They stacked the line of scrimmage and totally shut down our offense completely. I heard from some Indy fans here on this site that they couldn't stop anyone's running game, well they did tonight, stone cold.

Good luck the rest of the year to Indy, and we just have to regroup from this and learn from it and go on. We know that we are capable of playing much better offensively than we did tonight.

Congrats to Indy on a good comeback win, we had all kinds of chances to put them away and the offense couldn't get 1 first down, that's all it would have took there on that last series that we had the ball. When you intercept the ball, run it down to around the ten and can't get any points from it, thats not good. We couldn't get anything going on offense period, nothing. We squandered a couple of chances to score later in the game also, and that always seems to come back to haunt us every time. The last couple of games, the teams that we played made mistakes and we took advantage of them by scoring points, tonight we did nothing on offense and paid the price for it. The defense played a good game but, gave out there at the end, because they had to play virtually the whole second half, because we couldn't get a first down when we really needed it. Indy looked like they knew what play we were going to run on offense before we ran it, all night long. They stacked the line of scrimmage and totally shut down our offense completely. I heard from some Indy fans here on this site that they couldn't stop anyone's running game, well they did tonight, stone cold.

Good luck the rest of the year to Indy, and we just have to regroup from this and learn from it and go on. We know that we are capable of playing much better offensively than we did tonight.

falcon thanks for some insight on the game = sounded like a great one... do you all at LC hace any rushing attack casue as i stated before INDY was very pourous versus the run - against BA they gave up close to 250, Centenial 300 and Franklin 300 so i was suprised at low score ------ congrats indy and im sure it was fun down at the pit--

I agree. Well said. I believe when a team stacks the line and dares you throw the ball "Go for it".

We have some good receivers and "Sometime you have to go to the well to get a drink of water".

I don't post often on the forum but after last nights play calling. I had to comment on this thread.

I am a True Blue Falcon Fan and hope this is not taken negatively.

Now let's get back on track and Win the reg.

GO FALCONS!!

Finally glad to see other people are now seeing the problem!

I agree 100% that is what makes winners --- showing class!

Ran the ball quite a bit, maybe because we blitzed early and then Indy went back to the pass. Had a 30 yard TD pass when LC was up 15 to 7 which brought it to 15-13, with about 7:00 to go, 2 point failed. LC 4 and out Indy moved it down to fieldgoal range with a mix of run and pass had the kick blocked. LC 4 and out Indy with 46 seconds gets the ball on LC's side of the field. Heckman throws 2 passes to Indy's side line and one to LC's sideline a couple of runs mixed in 6 seconds left, 38 yard field goal, looked like it would have went from 48. 1 second left on the clock for the kickoff. I saw one of LC's players take an Indy player to the ground and with his hands hold the Indy players face to the ground. Things happened like that last year as well. LC's players will read this and get mad at me, but players on any team should show a little class and act your age not your shoe size. I can't stand a sore loser. Some players will say "they were running their mouths", be the bigger man and show a little class. I thought they looked good on offense overall as well as on D.