Will USJ, JCS get level field in D-II?

monster man

I personally can not believe they have the nerve to complain about a level field, after they,

in mine and many others opinion, held an unfair advantage in 1A for years. That is what the multiplier

was designed to do, level the field.

I am glad to see them move on out and play other private schools.

Interested to hear others thoughts on this topic?

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I personally can not believe they have the nerve to complain about a level field, after they,

in mine and many others opinion, held an unfair advantage in 1A for years. That is what the multiplier

They are just doing what they feel is best for the kids with the cards they have been dealt. That is usually the motivation (in sending children to private schools) when a parent chooses to make sacrifices based on the options put before them.

Based on your opinion, when would it be alright to complain? When they are required to play the UT practice squad during the regular season? No that's not a good example, they would win that game, let's make it Vanderbilt.

They are just doing what they feel is best for the kids with the cards they have been dealt. That is usually the motivation (in sending children to private schools) when a parent chooses to make sacrifices based on the options put before them.

Based on your opinion, when would it be alright to complain? When they are required to play the UT practice squad during the regular season? No that's not a good example, they would win that game, let's make it Vanderbilt.

Considering the region they were both going to be put in it was the only real choice if they ever wanted to be competitive. Camden will now the be the odd man out, playing schools 300-500 students larger than themselves but then again Coach Ward has never shied away from playing tough competition. One bright spot, both schools will now be able to offer "need based" ( aka...athletically gifted) scholarships so that should help.

Camden is happy they moved out because it makes it more likely the region placement we were anticipating may look somewhat different with schools more our size...so thanks JCS and USJ /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Let it go..................

Oh please tell us all what "unfair advantages" USJ and JCS had while they played in Class 1A? Last time I checked, they played by the rules of the governing body of high school sports in the state of Tennessee.

When the multiplier was first introduced, they continued to play by the rules of the TSSAA even though they were mandated to play against schools with upwards of twice the student population. Under the new Z Plan districts, they would be forced to play against schools with over THREE TIMES their own student population. Please explain to me what is FAIR about that?

Oh please tell us all what "unfair advantages" USJ and JCS had while they played in Class 1A? Last time I checked, they played by the rules of the governing body of high school sports in the state of Tennessee.

When the multiplier was first introduced, they continued to play by the rules of the TSSAA even though they were mandated to play against schools with upwards of twice the student population. Under the new Z Plan districts, they would be forced to play against schools with over THREE TIMES their own student population. Please explain to me what is FAIR about that?

Well said ReitzFan!! USJ and JCS never had any unfair advantages, how can u possibly justify those accusations?! If anything, they were limited by high tuition costs and thus, lower enrollments. And of course once the multiplier went into effect things got even worse! It simply isn't fair playing against school twice and 3 times larger ... now having said that, i believe the level of competition in DI is much better than being a DII small school and pushes the athletes at USJ and JCS harder but both schools are justified in wanting a fair playing field and Ronnie Carter and the TSSAA simply refuse to give private schools one ... very hypocritical for an institution who's purpose is to "ensure a level playing field"

Hey, I've got a suggestion, privates play privates;publics play publics. No, wait thats waaayy too complicated.

But why?? Why is our society so obsessed with discriminating against somebody? Why can't the privates and the publics play each other? Football is a game of advantages and privates aren't the only one with "advantages" (although what yall think they are idk), but public schools have plenty of advantages. The problem is, everytime a private school beats a public school, all the public school parents get outraged and start throwing accusations because they can't accept the fact that the private school was the better team on the field that night. If private schools like USJ and JCS got to play equally sized public schools they would never complain about losing to a public school b/c those teams have the decency and respect to admit that they got outplayed. so come on, public schools, have the decency and respect to admit the same thing!

But why?? Why is our society so obsessed with discriminating against somebody? Why can't the privates and the publics play each other? Football is a game of advantages and privates aren't the only one with "advantages" (although what yall think they are idk), but public schools have plenty of advantages. The problem is, everytime a private school beats a public school, all the public school parents get outraged and start throwing accusations because they can't accept the fact that the private school was the better team on the field that night. If private schools like USJ and JCS got to play equally sized public schools they would never complain about losing to a public school b/c those teams have the decency and respect to admit that they got outplayed. so come on, public schools, have the decency and respect to admit the same thing!

I know a few schools that would love to play them! Maybe even schedule them for Homecoming!!

monster man...let me give you the opportunity to tell everyone when these private schools got their "unfair advantage" playing in 1A. What year did that start? Have fun with that one.

And then you have little private schools who take advantage of their situation. Grace Christian has recently aquired transfers from about 6 or 8 public schools in Knoxville. Its also their best players. Some people don't think thats all that fair.